Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford just doesn't want to get sued for potentially making a vehicle that can be over its GVWR with five passengers on board plus all accessories. Adding the accessories after the sale removes Ford from such liability.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Most of the talk about GVWR seems to originate with B&P not letting you add a rack to the Sasquatch or the 2.7L engine, and everyone guesses it must be due to GVWR.

But this is the same system that says you can't get PPF with a 2.7L engine, and I don't believe the PPF weighs enough for GVWR to be a factor. Especially when the same system with let me throw a winch on that same vehicle with the 2.7.

In short, absent some official explanation from Ford, I don't believe anyone knows why some of the restrictions exist in B&P. And there's a good chance dealers are just as likely to spread the GVWR rumor so they appear knowledgeable.
Yup. All we can do right now is speculate.

remain calm, folks, we're gonna be alright

We should be much more upset about the interiors and painted roof being taken away from us than this trivial roof rack stuff

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uggghhh. You’ve got to be kidding me. So a 2.7L badlands on regular suspension is maxed out and you can’t get sound deadening on the roof!? Because B&P locks it out so I guess it may not be a glitch as expected.

I’m so pissed. I finally thought I found a workaround through all this nonsense. MIC top for a badlands A51 instead of waiting for a mod top on the OBX with AMB.

Now need to wait many months ordering the padding. I don’t even know if this is something that has to be done at the factory, not the dealer. Like if it needs to be pressed on at the factory. Could beg the question why no get a soft top and wait for the mod top. Might as well revert back to my AMB OBX mod top build.

This could potentially be the must frustrating thing yet since the smallest detail for the added weight of roof sound deadening could have me totally changing my build again.

Hopefully the padding is a basic stick on that the dealer could easily do.
I am not taking Sasquatch package, no lux package, going with 33's, no tow package either, wouldn't that save some weight to add the sound deadening padding? Why no options for me to add that?

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford just doesn't want to get sued for potentially making a vehicle that can be over its GVWR with five passengers on board plus all accessories. Adding the accessories after the sale removes Ford from such liability.
Can the sound deadening material be added to the roof after the purchase at the dealer?

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most of the talk about GVWR seems to originate with B&P not letting you add a rack to the Sasquatch or the 2.7L engine, and everyone guesses it must be due to GVWR.

But this is the same system that says you can't get PPF with a 2.7L engine, and I don't believe the PPF weighs enough for GVWR to be a factor. Especially when the same system with let me throw a winch on that same vehicle with the 2.7.

In short, absent some official explanation from Ford, I don't believe anyone knows why some of the restrictions exist in B&P. And there's a good chance dealers are just as likely to spread the GVWR rumor so they appear knowledgeable.
Exactly this.

People love to speculate, I get that, but Ford isn’t going to build a vehicle so close to the limit that you can’t add 20lbs worth of plastic and aluminum roof rails plus the max dynamic weight which is I believe 100 or 110lbs.

The B&P tool is a buggy, error-filled mess (which has actually gotten significantly better since Friday morning by the way) where the bugs are still getting worked out. Relax folks, you can get roof rails on your 4D squatch.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can the sound deadening material be added to the roof after the purchase at the dealer?
If Ford doesn't make it an accessory a third party will. They already do this for the JK, JL, and JT.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Calm down. It'll be super easy to add it yourself. There will almost certainly be aftermarket options as well.

Besides, that likely IS a B&P bug because sound deadening is included on the FE 4 door which is Sasquatch'd
That's body sound deadening though. The headliner sound deadening is a stand alone kit.

Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer[1] including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.

In the United States, two important GVWR limitations are 6,000 and 8,500 pounds [lb] (2,722 and 3,856 kg). Vehicles over 6,000 lb are restricted from some city roadways (though there is some dispute about whether this restriction is for actual curb weight or GVWR). Commercial vehicles over the 8,500 lb threshold are required to have insurance under Section 387.303 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1980.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_vehicle_weight_rating

Ford lists the curb weight of the 4d 2.7L as 4661 - 5320 lbs (base-fully loaded) but dont have a GVWR listed. However when you include estimated passengers and cargo that number could be really close to 6000lbs at the top end.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure what you're trying to prove with that screenshot. Mine clearly shows the hard top sound deadening on an FE. I didn't argue that hardtop s.d. wasn't a standalone option, because that's exactly what it is. Just showing that it's available on the FE

There is no optional body sound deadening.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone found out what “Additional Sound Deadening” exactly means? Could be a way around from actually ordering Sound Deadening if you get the high package ??‍♂
Ford Bronco Forget the Accessories 5E2AA952-C71E-4FE5-A9F1-E8619513DCC0

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If GVWR is an issue, how come first edition gets sound deadening headliner included with squatch and all....

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also I will say I don’t think GVWR plays 100% into it. When looking on weight specs for BD, BL, FE they are the same across the board if you opt into 2.7L. They had to account the suspension the BL and FE have that the BD doesn’t have. Yet with the BD you can add the a rack, rtt, etc.

Personally, I think Ford still has some kinks in B&P. Might take some time.
Sponsored

Reactions: jxc