First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any Forscan experts out there have an opinion. Will forscan save a engine tune in case you take it to a dealer and they flash it back to factory ?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FORscan is not used for engine tuning (unless you consider adding Sport mode tuning). However, any changes that are made in FORscan can be saved to an external file. It is also advised that all default settings are saved to a file before any changes are made.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FORSCAN has ZERO to do with an engine "tune" which is literally modifying the PCM parameters.

If you make any changes with FORSCAN, if the dealer flashes THAT particular module back to stock (or an update) those changes in that module will be gone.

Now if you have an actual engine tune - many times you'll have to load the stock engine tune back before making changes with FORSCAN, because some aftermarket tunes strategies won't be recognize by FORSCAN.

mayer7196

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FORSCAN has ZERO to do with an engine "tune" which is literally modifying the PCM parameters.

If you make any changes with FORSCAN, if the dealer flashes THAT particular module back to stock (or an update) those changes in that module will be gone.

Now if you have an actual engine tune - many times you'll have to load the stock engine tune back before making changes with FORSCAN, because some aftermarket tunes strategies won't be recognize by FORSCAN.
I used Forscan for the double honking and fog lights staying on with bright lights on. I recently ran into a software update issue where i now have to take my bronco in to get the newest software installed. Do i have to set my bronco back to stock using forscan or ok just to let it go?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used Forscan for the double honking and fog lights staying on with bright lights on. I recently ran into a software update issue where i now have to take my bronco in to get the newest software installed. Do i have to set my bronco back to stock using forscan or ok just to let it go?
It depends what module the dealer is updating. If you don’t know what they’re updating… then yes, reset it back to default.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It depends what module the dealer is updating. If you don’t know what they’re updating… then yes, reset it back to default.
Glad I found this thread, thinking of Forscan to change tire size later on, and was wondering if I should/needed to reset it to stock before taking it in to a dealer for any service. Don't think I will now. :)
Wasn't sure of they would see the change, and throw a fit.
Sponsored