Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay let me get the kids fed, then I'll organize my stuff, and message you.

If anyone else wants to help let me know. I would like to keep the group fairly small for now—don't want the incorrect information getting out there. We have a problem with the standard audio system where the most popular posts have the incorrect Forscan values, and I'd like to try to avoid that with B&O if possible.
No rush, I will not be available to work on the car for the rest of day but I will be back at it tomorrow.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any update on the B&O Forscan settings? I also have a '23 w/B&O and looking to upgrade the rear pods to 6.5".

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on the B&O Forscan settings? I also have a '23 w/B&O and looking to upgrade the rear pods to 6.5".
Yeah @eduard4us and I figured a bunch of stuff out.

I don't know if anyone added it to the Forscan spreadsheet, but I posted what we found in the Forscan thread on page 32 (there's a few posts so keep scrolling down through page 32):
Fundamentally the B&O system is MUCH less flexible than the base audio system because everything is controlled by the B&O DSP (Digital Signal Processor). You can disable the EQ on the B&O DSP, but then it impacts all of the speakers, not just rear pods.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a note and if I missed it being updated somewhere in the thread, I apologize...

If you are going up to a 6.5 on the rear pods, you don't want to set those at speaker/tweeter. By doing that, you are telling the amp to expect a lower impedance than what you have. Just set them both to speaker or speaker/sub and you will be good to go.

You will also likely want to put in the flat EQ on 727-01-02.

XX2B 02XX

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a note and if I missed it being updated somewhere in the thread, I apologize...

If you are going up to a 6.5 on the rear pods, you don't want to set those at speaker/tweeter. By doing that, you are telling the amp to expect a lower impedance than what you have. Just set them both to speaker or speaker/sub and you will be good to go.

You will also likely want to put in the flat EQ on 727-01-02.

XX2B 02XX
So instead of turning off the DSP, and with upgrading to 6.5" rear pods, I should just change them to speaker or speaker/sub via Forscan and flat EQ of flat EQ on 727-01-02?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So instead of turning off the DSP, and with upgrading to 6.5" rear pods, I should just change them to speaker or speaker/sub via Forscan and flat EQ of flat EQ on 727-01-02?
If you have B&O then your 727-01-02 setting is already set to off, because the EQ on the B&O setup is run via the DSP rather than the ACM. There is nothing for you to change.

You can certainly disable the EQ on the DSP if you want, but don't be surprised if it sounds like garbage after you do so since it'll impact all speakers. Setting for that is here.

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you on LUX? If so, follow RK's advice above. If you are on a 6 speaker with delete, then my post applies. When using tweeter alone, you are allowing the system to apply a high pass filter and by using speaker/tweeter, you are telling the amp you have 2 speakers connected in parallel and running a lower impedance than you actually are. That's why speaker is the correct choice when going up to 6.5's for the sound bar. And of course speaker/sub if you want to turn on the wiring to the amp in the rear for the sub. As for the EQ, the 01 setting is to help the cheap ass factory speakers better produce freq that they suck at. Going to the flat EQ (00) setting allows upgraded coax's to perform as expected without over emphasis of certain frequencies...

Cheers. 🍻

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TLDR:
3800 mod only changes front speaker settings. You need to also change the middle code block at address 727-01-01 to affect rear speakers. This post contains a list of all the code values you can use and what they do.

FULL POST:
What I have detailed below is applicable to my 2021 4 door Base. YMMV.

My "as built" values in ACM were:
727-01-01 382B 14F1 0098
727-01-02 0901 000D 0048

The conventional wisdom I've read on this site says changing 727-01-01 XX** to 00 or 01 will send full range to rear speakers. In my internet searching and tinkering with ForScan, I can confidently say it doesn't do anything to my rear speakers. And I don't think it does anything for anyone else's either.

My as built front power source and left speaker specs was 2 = internal power, speaker and tweeter (I believe S&T sends the widest range of frequencies from the list of options). I wrote 3 (no front left speaker) just to confirm my cheat sheet was right. It was. When I wrote value 3 in this spot the front left speaker went silent. I changed value back to as built, as it seemed like the right value to use based on the options below.
Power Source and Front Left Specs.jpeg

Front right and center channel specs: my as built was B, which is speaker and tweeter for front right and no signal for center channel (base has no center channel). Again I tinkered to confirm the list below did what it says it does; the as built value seemed appropriate so no change.
Front Right and Center Channel Specs.jpeg

Here's where it gets interesting... rear power and left rear speaker specs. As built value was 1 = internal amp, tweeter only. I changed this to 2 = internal amp, speaker and tweeter. I perceived it to get slightly louder and when turned up mid frequencies would break up the stock speakers a little. I think it's sending a wider frequency band, and that's what we want!
Power Source and Rear Left Specs.jpeg

Rear right, sub, and rear center specs... as built was 4, I changed it to 8. Both rear speakers now sound like they are getting pushed slightly harder. I have replacement speakers and 150 Hz blockers on order that will be installed next weekend. I'm expecting to hear an even more noticeable change once those are installed and for the midrange slop I hear in the factory speakers to disappear.
Rear Right, Sub, and Center Specs.jpeg

moving on to section 727-01-02, this is supposedly the various preset EQ options. I changed mine from 01 to 00 and didn't notice a lot of difference, but that may be due to the crappy stock speakers. I'll try changes at this address again once I get new speakers in. What's not clear is if there are actually different EQs assigned to all the values below or if some of them are simply unused placeholders. My ears couldn't tell with factory speakers. What we do know is some upper trims have as build value of 00 (flat response) here, but my base has value of 01... so there's at least one real EQ preset in the list otherwise every as built would be 00.
ACM EQ Values.jpeg

Some other things worth noting as I played with these changes in ForScan:
1. I used the fader and balance to isolate changes to the speakers I was tinkering with. Every time I wrote a change the fader and balance would reset to center.
2. I was playing music through CarPlay to listen to these changes so I could repeat the same track over and over. When I was done with my changes and went back to satellite radio I found that it was back to demo mode. I had to call Sirius to push my subscription settings back to the vehicle.

Source for the screen shots is below. I found that the site responds better on mobile that desktop.
https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/acm3/
Great information. So much floating around in terms of Forscan settings, but pretty basic options for base system.

I'm replacing stock dash with JBL 421F 2 Way speakers with dome tweeter, and rears with JBL Club 622 6.5" speakers with woofer cone and dome tweeters in SSV pods.

Based on your testing, instead of most suggestions to turn off EQ and set rear speakers to speaker only, you're suggesting to simply keep all settings to speaker/tweeter and keep EQ on. I'm not replacing kick panel yet, but down the road. No amp or sub.

Am I close???

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct.. others’ experience might vary but 3800 and 0901 were the sweet spot for me, big difference over stock Settings.
As for the sub - if you ever want to really fill out the complete spectrum of audio then you’ll need one. I was able to get a little more base out of the upgraded kicker speakers (particularly the 6.5” kick panel ones) when I added the Key amp but it definitely won’t give you full spectrum audio. Adding the Kicker Hideaway 8” was the perfect solution for me.. made a monumental difference in the total sound output of the system and I’m extremely happy with it. Small form factor too so it doesn’t take up space. I mounted mine in the trunk area as pictured

69B8125B-51D4-4057-8789-7817F40EF67B.jpeg
I think I'm missing something....based on spreadsheets the original 727-01-01 Ist set is As Built 382B. If you change to 3800, that would change third number from 2 to 0 (speaker only), but the last number I don't see an option for changing B to 0 on any spreadsheets? You would have to change it to 3 for speaker only. Correct?

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TLDR:
3800 mod only changes front speaker settings. You need to also change the middle code block at address 727-01-01 to affect rear speakers. This post contains a list of all the code values you can use and what they do.

FULL POST:
What I have detailed below is applicable to my 2021 4 door Base. YMMV.

My "as built" values in ACM were:
727-01-01 382B 14F1 0098
727-01-02 0901 000D 0048

The conventional wisdom I've read on this site says changing 727-01-01 XX** to 00 or 01 will send full range to rear speakers. In my internet searching and tinkering with ForScan, I can confidently say it doesn't do anything to my rear speakers. And I don't think it does anything for anyone else's either.

My as built front power source and left speaker specs was 2 = internal power, speaker and tweeter (I believe S&T sends the widest range of frequencies from the list of options). I wrote 3 (no front left speaker) just to confirm my cheat sheet was right. It was. When I wrote value 3 in this spot the front left speaker went silent. I changed value back to as built, as it seemed like the right value to use based on the options below.
Power Source and Front Left Specs.jpeg

Front right and center channel specs: my as built was B, which is speaker and tweeter for front right and no signal for center channel (base has no center channel). Again I tinkered to confirm the list below did what it says it does; the as built value seemed appropriate so no change.
Front Right and Center Channel Specs.jpeg

Here's where it gets interesting... rear power and left rear speaker specs. As built value was 1 = internal amp, tweeter only. I changed this to 2 = internal amp, speaker and tweeter. I perceived it to get slightly louder and when turned up mid frequencies would break up the stock speakers a little. I think it's sending a wider frequency band, and that's what we want!
Power Source and Rear Left Specs.jpeg

Rear right, sub, and rear center specs... as built was 4, I changed it to 8. Both rear speakers now sound like they are getting pushed slightly harder. I have replacement speakers and 150 Hz blockers on order that will be installed next weekend. I'm expecting to hear an even more noticeable change once those are installed and for the midrange slop I hear in the factory speakers to disappear.
Rear Right, Sub, and Center Specs.jpeg

moving on to section 727-01-02, this is supposedly the various preset EQ options. I changed mine from 01 to 00 and didn't notice a lot of difference, but that may be due to the crappy stock speakers. I'll try changes at this address again once I get new speakers in. What's not clear is if there are actually different EQs assigned to all the values below or if some of them are simply unused placeholders. My ears couldn't tell with factory speakers. What we do know is some upper trims have as build value of 00 (flat response) here, but my base has value of 01... so there's at least one real EQ preset in the list otherwise every as built would be 00.
ACM EQ Values.jpeg

Some other things worth noting as I played with these changes in ForScan:
1. I used the fader and balance to isolate changes to the speakers I was tinkering with. Every time I wrote a change the fader and balance would reset to center.
2. I was playing music through CarPlay to listen to these changes so I could repeat the same track over and over. When I was done with my changes and went back to satellite radio I found that it was back to demo mode. I had to call Sirius to push my subscription settings back to the vehicle.

Source for the screen shots is below. I found that the site responds better on mobile that desktop.
https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/acm3/
Great information on cyanlabs site. Am I viewing correct drop downs for front and rear stock?

Speaker 2 Output / Speaker 6 Center Output and Rear Satellite Speakers/ Speaker 3 Output?

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I'm missing something....based on spreadsheets the original 727-01-01 Ist set is As Built 382B. If you change to 3800, that would change third number from 2 to 0 (speaker only), but the last number I don't see an option for changing B to 0 on any spreadsheets? You would have to change it to 3 for speaker only. Correct?
My original as-built was in fact 382B and I do in fact have it currently running 3800 and it does in fact work great... on mine at least.. non-B&O mid package setup
EDIT: just looked back at the working spreadsheet and it does in fact reference changing XXXX to XX00.. so not sure where you aren’t seeing changing B to 0. The spreadsheet I’m referencing is the one on here that everybody uses
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...k-sport-mode-chimes-seatbelts-and-more.28489/

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My original as-built was in fact 382B and I do in fact have it currently running 3800 and it does in fact work great... on mine at least.. non-B&O mid package setup
EDIT: just looked back at the working spreadsheet and it does in fact reference changing XXXX to XX00.. so not sure where you aren’t seeing changing B to 0. The spreadsheet I’m referencing is the one on here that everybody uses
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...k-sport-mode-chimes-seatbelts-and-more.28489/
Got it. 0=SO Non-Tweeter Only, SCO Non-Tweeter Only That's from the CYANLABS. On the spreadsheet I'm only seeing options 3,7,B, and F. No options for 0 for xxx*-xxxx-xxxx

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it. 0=SO Non-Tweeter Only, SCO Non-Tweeter Only That's from the CYANLABS. On the spreadsheet I'm only seeing options 3,7,B, and F. No options for 0 for xxx*-xxxx-xxxx
Could always experiment and change it back if it doesn’t work right.. save a copy of your original specs obviously

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could always experiment and change it back if it doesn’t work right.. save a copy of your original specs obviously
Definitely., I'll try a few after speaker upgrade, but just trying to zero in on what may work best based on others.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm new to this stuff.....what's the difference between SO and SCO?
Sponsored