Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice to see a few solutions that work externally and don't involve any of the flaps in the filler mechanism. Might pull the trigger on one myself.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't worry about this with my wifes WT... Her gas gauge is always on E. Figure you can't steal gas if there's no gas to steal!

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last time I saw people putting locks on gas tanks was the 70s, maybe early 80s.
I didn't think anyone does that anymore. I'm certainly not, unnecessary pain in the ass,and extra expense.

I've done everything I could to live in a keyless world, I'm not going back in that direction.

I suppose if it's a special case scenario, but for most I think there is no need.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last time I saw people putting locks on gas tanks was the 70s, maybe early 80s.
I didn't think anyone does that anymore. I'm certainly not, unnecessary pain in the ass,and extra expense.

I've done everything I could to live in a keyless world, I'm not going back in that direction.

I suppose if it's a special case scenario, but for most I think there is no need.
Well watch out, you might be at risk as victim of someone's car cranking fetish, apparently that's a thing, lol.

Yee described himself as having a “car cranking fetish,” noting “the cranking part turns me on kinda" ... College Street Motors in Amherst reported as many as six vehicles needing repairs over the past month due to having water in their fuel tanks ...

https://dailycollegian.com/2021/11/...volving-pouring-water-in-vehicles-fuel-tanks/

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well watch out, you might be at risk as victim of someone's car cranking fetish, apparently that's a thing, lol.

Yee described himself as having a “car cranking fetish,” noting “the cranking part turns me on kinda" ... College Street Motors in Amherst reported as many as six vehicles needing repairs over the past month due to having water in their fuel tanks ...

https://dailycollegian.com/2021/11/...volving-pouring-water-in-vehicles-fuel-tanks/
I guess its a good thing I'm not a female and/or living in Massachusetts.

Some people really, really, really need mental health care.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me it's more about people putting stuff in the tank, which I've had happen. Mischief makers and other such people. I'd like something that reduces that possibility, but is easy to remove for fuel fill.
I'm 62 and have never worried about such things, or having a vehicle stolen or broken into. Man you couldn't pay me enough to live in one of these crime infested he** hole cities.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone actually had gas siphoned from their vehicle’s this century? Asking for a friend

Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My local Ford parts desk and I figured out that the Ford Acessories locking gas cap listed for late model mustangs fits all Ford capless tanks. I proved it by using it on my F150 for years, then tested it on my Bronco. In the end though I’ve decided to live without it.

https://accessories.ford.com/locking-fuel-plug-1

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you read the reviews? Looks nice but poor. Difficult to maintain seal while pumping. Is this an issue for you?
I did, but my main objective was preventing tampering by vandals.

So far, it's working great for me, no complaints yet.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm 62 and have never worried about such things, or having a vehicle stolen or broken into. Man you couldn't pay me enough to live in one of these crime infested he** hole cities.
You could get hit anywhere, good/bad neighborhood, urban or rural. Depends on having bad luck running up against some person with an axe to grind or just up for mischief. Apparently these hunters got hit with sugar/water in the tank, doesn't seem near a major city:

"Authorities are asking for the public's help to identify the person or persons who poured sugar into the gas tanks of hunters' vehicles in Tuscola County."

https://www.michigansthumb.com/news/article/sugar-gas-tank-hunters-tuscola-county-fall-18503196.php
Sponsored

Last edited: