Sponsored

Found the source of my sub buzzing noise. really Ford? Cracked mount.

Lanshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went hunting for a metallic buzz that's been haunting me since new, but only really got bad when it was warm out. So, I found a crack in the metal mounting tab. Since this is a floating attachment nut thing, it doesn't appear over tightening would have caused it... Anyway, I guess I'll try to stuff some sound deadening in there until I can do something more permanent. And, its under warranty, but who knows what the dealer would think of this or how much worse they'd make the problem. I digress, ideas?? JB weld or something similar?

20240329_141140.jpg
Sponsored

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The crack sucks but what are we looking at ? Where on the Bronco ?​

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone else here posted the same thing a few weeks back - cracked body panel where the nut insert goes.

OP
OP

Lanshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so... I removed the insert. It's obviously causing the cracks as it tightens and pushes the two sides apart. I slathered a bunch of jb weld behind the bracket, got a large washer to sit behind the bracket, larger than the insert. Then just went back with the bolt and used the insert as the backing nut for the washer. That pulled the crack back together and seems pretty tight. Time will tell.
Sponsored