First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't forget about your gym bag in the back of the Bronco. No permanent damage, but it was alarming for a minute as I tried to track down the dead animal. Yes, I wash my things after every workout (until rhis time) but 112 daytime Temps accelerate the process.
Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can imagine the funk that hit you in the face when you opened the door...knocked you back a few steps, did it?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've forgotten my hockey gear in the car, and I'll tell you the effect is the same. 100 degrees here in NM this week- I won't be making that mistake again!

OP
OP

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't try to remove smell by hanging air freshener from gear shift
Copy. I saw that thread, and was horrified. It was only about an eight hour mistake while i was sleeping. I opened a door and walked away while I got the rest of my crap together for work. It was okay by the time I left for work last night. I want one of the cargo shelves for various reasons, one of which is a little more room to lay out the towel and let it dry.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a boss back in the day who was a former green beret in Vietnam; he ran everyday from 2-2:30 or 3pm, this parachutist shuffle. Here in Texas it gets hot. He would take his gym bag and toss it in a drawer in his office afterwards (open door policy!), washing it maybe once a month. There were days our entire 11k sq ft open-concept building smelled like rancid vinegar, and NOBODY said ANYTHING. Couldn't breath, clear the building, "I got meetings somewhere else" bad.

Word to the wise: If you let clothes dry out by laying them out instead of balling up or closing up in a bag, they won't smell (usually) or at least not as bad. I've completely soaked a shirt in sweat then air-dried it and wore it the next day, no smell. Especially tech tees, which can get the bacteria going and never smell right again. Pricey mistake.

So yeah, feel ya brutha, it can be bad! 🤢

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funk kicking you in the face like they call me Bruce! On that note, do not leave the drying towels in the back either! I left one in my Shelby one time, and that's all it took.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Copy. I saw that thread, and was horrified. It was only about an eight hour mistake while i was sleeping. I opened a door and walked away while I got the rest of my crap together for work. It was okay by the time I left for work last night. I want one of the cargo shelves for various reasons, one of which is a little more room to lay out the towel and let it dry.
I left a water bottle (stainless steel, but painted black) on my Jeep Commander a few years ago on a hot day. The water bottle paint reacted to the Jeep's paint, removing a stripe of paint about 6 inches long and 1/4 wide.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've forgotten my hockey gear in the car, and I'll tell you the effect is the same. 100 degrees here in NM this week- I won't be making that mistake again!
Nothing reeks like hockey gear ;) I always put the skates & gloves on a fan and put the rest out in the sun & it kept the odors down, but some guys gear would peel paint off the walls :whistle:

Last edited:

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hockey gear is a totally other level of stank

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing reeks like hockey gear ;) I always put the skates & gloves on a fan and put the rest out in the sun & it kept the odors down, but some guys gear would peel paint off the walls :whistle:
If I don't want to drive the guys at work to lunch I just tell them my gear is in my car. It gets me off the hook 100% of the time.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Free advice . . . 1688678671842

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reason #4,546.25 not to go to the gym.

OP
OP

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reason #4,546.25 not to go to the gym.
Nah. I'm fifty, and like to hunt big game which means dismounting from the Bronco. Gotta keep things moving.
Sponsored