Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know this is a little bit of an older thread, but OP if you’re still looking for a solution the dometic fridge slide fits perfect on the drivers side.

Ford Bronco Fridge Slide - Driver’s Side IMG_0107

Dometic 45 and slide mounted to a DIY platform. I screwed up on aligning all 8 of the cargo mounting points. So haven’t finished off the build, but intended to make doors to the subfloor storage and and spray it with some kind of lining. However it’s been on several trips as is and has worked great. Just have to be careful exactly where you mount the slide cause there’s like 1mm of clearance between my fridge and the tailgate latches when I slide it out.
Sponsored

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out American Adventure Lab! Works great for me.

How's the weight with this setup? I've been on the fence with AAL for about a year now. Also, what size dometic is that?

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How's the weight with this setup? I've been on the fence with AAL for about a year now. Also, what size dometic is that?
domestic 45. The set up adds about 200 lbs of weight I believe. I going to change out my rear coilovers as soon as available.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know this is a little bit of an older thread, but OP if you’re still looking for a solution the dometic fridge slide fits perfect on the drivers side.

Dometic 45 and slide mounted to a DIY platform. I screwed up on aligning all 8 of the cargo mounting points. So haven’t finished off the build, but intended to make doors to the subfloor storage and and spray it with some kind of lining. However it’s been on several trips as is and has worked great. Just have to be careful exactly where you mount the slide cause there’s like 1mm of clearance between my fridge and the tailgate latches when I slide it out.
Great setup! I do to have the AAL Cargo system and also have the Spare tire mount. Ive been looking at the ICECO VL45 (https://icecofreezer.com/products/vl45pros-portable-fridge-with-cover)
But don't want to spend crazy money on Goose gear or the AAL floor system. Can you send over the dimensions of the wood flooring and distances of the bolts to the original tie downs? did you go with 1/2 or 3/4 plywood? all the help would be appreciated! thank you

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But don't want to spend crazy money on Goose gear or the AAL floor system. Can you send over the dimensions of the wood flooring and distances of the bolts to the original tie downs? did you go with 1/2 or 3/4 plywood? all the help would be appreciated! thank you
Yeah once I realized Goose Gear’s plate was essentially a bed-lined piece of plywood, I knew I could make my own and no way was I gonna spend that much money for it. Honestly I just used the stock floor that I took out as a rough template and used it to draw an outline on the plywood. I also used the pdf at the bottom of this post from Modcrate to help out with rough dimensions.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/open-source-trunk-storage-system-open-tss.73428/

I used 3/4” plywood. I also glued a few scrap pieces of 1/4” plywood under the tailgate side of the plate to help level it out and prevent it from rocking on the subfloor storage. I also had to drill a few recessed pockets for the heads of the storage fasteners to go in so that it wouldn’t rock on those and fit flush.

I also just eyeballed where the bolt holes needed to go based on the stock floor openings and tiedowns. However like I said I was slightly off on 1 or 2. But then I realized if I had just put the bolts back into the holes and laid the plywood on top and pressed on it that would have marked right where the holes needed to be 🤦‍♂️.
Sponsored