Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s what I came up with for a rear platform and fridge slide for my 4 door. The base is 1/2 plywood, finished with Rhino Liner, rolled on with a foam roller:
A46B2113-84A1-4CD1-949A-BD0EBB5D180D.jpeg

I took design cues from the Goose Gear platform, which looks amazing, but I was able to save money with my own build.

For the fridge slide framing, I’m using extruded aluminum (3030). I have about 4” of storage space below the fridge platform, enough for my tool roll, first aid kit, and air hose kit. The panels for jack and storage under the base are removable, fastened with screws.
4025770E-F3AF-4DE9-A148-DD3CA0DF6D60.jpeg
The fridge slide is from Ironman 4x4…so far I’m impressed with the quality, and the price was great compared to others.

With this layout, I can fit four Maxtrax behind the seat (in a soft case) and have room for my Jackery battery and two Dometic boxes for storage. It’s a snug fit, but worked great on a recent road trip to Moab.
D7F5170F-15CC-4533-964C-C8062A62D69D.jpeg

656B8360-3147-4854-BD45-CD47A9218EC3.jpeg
That looks fantastic! Now I need to go learn about building with extruded aluminum and Tee nuts.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that is the best DIY platform I've seen. Maybe I should have used the roll on bed liner. That looks really good. I did my best. :) I also ended up going with the JCR drawer system.
329978525_557426429475533_8942893254750914722_n.jpg

20230318_194418359_iOS.jpg
hey that looks great, first i've seen the AAL shelf in action where you can understand how it mounts and how much space it provides. I will be saving my pennies for that for sure. I did the goose bottom plate and am mounting an iceco fridge this week

OP
OP
fifty55

fifty55

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks fantastic! Now I need to go learn about building with extruded aluminum and Tee nuts.
8020.net has some good resources on building with extruded aluminum. And no shortage of youtube videos out there...pretty common to see the van lifer's build their cabinet frames with it, and I actually did just that on a Transit van I built out a few years ago.
I really like your traction board bracket by the way...it's on my wish list.

OP
OP
fifty55

fifty55

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great @fifty55 !

Did you use actual Rhino Liner brand or another brand if you don't mind me asking?
Ah, just looked at the box and it's "Raptor" Liner, not Rhino. I'll update the original post to avoid confusion. Happy with the Raptor product thus far, but haven't put it to any heavy use.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This looks nice! This has been on my project list to get done as I just bought a fridge. Is this a Dometic 45 and the 30 to 50L Ironman slide? You really can’t beat that sale price, hopefully it comes back in stock while it’s still on sale. Hell just getting some quality slides and materials to build a DIY slide would be a similar cost.

OP
OP
fifty55

fifty55

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks nice! This has been on my project list to get done as I just bought a fridge. Is this a Dometic 45 and the 30 to 50L Ironman slide? You really can’t beat that sale price, hopefully it comes back in stock while it’s still on sale. Hell just getting some quality slides and materials to build a DIY slide would be a similar cost.
Thank you! Yes to both...fridge is the CFX345 model (46 liter) and the slide is the 30 to 50L (part number IFRIDGESLIDE012). I started to go down the route of building my own slide, but like you said, I don't think I could make it any better for the cost. The fridge fits with lots of room to spare. I tried their earlier version (IFRIDGESLIDE001), but it was a little smaller and my fridge didn't fully sit in the tray. I'd hold out for the new version, it's worth it!

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s what I came up with for a rear platform and fridge slide for my 4 door. The base is 1/2 plywood, finished with Raptor Liner, rolled on with a foam roller:
A46B2113-84A1-4CD1-949A-BD0EBB5D180D.jpeg

I took design cues from the Goose Gear platform, which looks amazing, but I was able to save money with my own build.

For the fridge slide framing, I’m using extruded aluminum (3030). I have about 4” of storage space below the fridge platform, enough for my tool roll, first aid kit, and air hose kit. The panels for jack and storage under the base are removable, fastened with screws.
4025770E-F3AF-4DE9-A148-DD3CA0DF6D60.jpeg
The fridge slide is from Ironman 4x4…so far I’m impressed with the quality, and the price was great compared to others.

With this layout, I can fit four Maxtrax behind the seat (in a soft case) and have room for my Jackery battery and two Dometic boxes for storage. It’s a snug fit, but worked great on a recent road trip to Moab.
D7F5170F-15CC-4533-964C-C8062A62D69D.jpeg

656B8360-3147-4854-BD45-CD47A9218EC3.jpeg
I really like the Dometic cases :)

IMG_7658.jpg

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s what I came up with for a rear platform and fridge slide for my 4 door. The base is 1/2 plywood, finished with Raptor Liner, rolled on with a foam roller:
Ford Bronco DIY Rear Cargo Platform with Fridge Slide For My 4-Door Bronco IMG_7658

Ford Bronco DIY Rear Cargo Platform with Fridge Slide For My 4-Door Bronco IMG_7658

This is fantastic work, you should be really proud of this one 👍🏼

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the Dometic cases :)

Looks great!
Which GG fridge box is that? I've been contemplating doing the same with the jcr high mount shelf. Glad to see it all clears.
Have you measured for fitting a GG drawer alongside the fridge box?

thanks!

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great!
Which GG fridge box is that? I've been contemplating doing the same with the jcr high mount shelf. Glad to see it all clears.
Have you measured for fitting a GG drawer alongside the fridge box?

thanks!
Thanks. I bought the Icebox 1.3 with the top drawer - 25" deep. There is still room next to the slide out for the 22 3/16 drawer. I didn't go that path because I wanted to maintain the ability to sleep in the back without going with the rear seat delete set up. That could change in the future.

Also, I did measure the usable space above the Icebox and I think the Step22 stingray flat box will fit perfect in that space. I am waiting for them to come in stock so I can order one. That would be great use for that space.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I bought the Icebox 1.3 with the top drawer - 25" deep. There is still room next to the slide out for the 22 3/16 drawer. I didn't go that path because I wanted to maintain the ability to sleep in the back without going with the rear seat delete set up. That could change in the future.

Also, I did measure the usable space above the Icebox (Depth: between the edge of the Goose Gear Icebox and the edge of the JCR shelf. Width is spot on) and I think the Step22 stingray flat box will fit perfect in that space. I am waiting for them to come in stock so I can order one. That would be great use for that space.

Hope this helps.
Very much appreciated. It's good to see the icebox installed and the fridge slide clears the tailgate latch pins and the jcr shelf. I have a much better idea of the overall space.

I have the soft top and the back interferes with opening the fridge. I have to open the fridge inside the truck before I slide it out to get full access, otherwise the fridge lid hits the rear window and I can only lift it part way.
I think I'll start organizing with the jcr shelf and some bags, then decide how to utilize the dead space above the fridge.

Thanks!!!

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

screws.

Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the fridge slide to the base?
Trying to figure out how you used the extruded aluminum. Appreciate it.
Sponsored