Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just finished building a platform for my Setpower PT55 fridge and slide. I got inspired by some of the builds on this forum, but I'm limited in what I can build both in terms of knowledge/experience, and tools. One trip to HomeDepot and I was able to make this in about 10 hours.

The most important thing for me was to make sure all my camping gear fit, and that I could use the bottom for a 4 ft camping table while still having access to the storage compartment under the floor. And lastly, I had to make sure the fridge lids open fully while on the platform.

Here are the results:

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider IMG_6937

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider IMG_6940

Fully loaded:

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider IMG_6946

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider IMG_6948

This is how I secured the platform to the floor so that it won't tip over when the fridge is extended. Credit for the idea goes to a Bronco6G member whose name escapes me now.

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 9.46.20 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I really wanted my folding table to fit under as well but it ended up not working out because the area under my fridge was a perfect fit for my water, Compressor, BlueEtti, and recovery. The right side has Folding chairs, lock box, and a mini-folding table.

This allows all my gear to stay in the Bronco 24/7 with the Right shelf open for either Camping gear, Costco Runs, or suitecases for those Hotel based get-aways.

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider 20230514_114231

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I really wanted my folding table to fit under as well but it ended up not working out because the area under my fridge was a perfect fit for my water, Compressor, BlueEtti, and recovery. The right side has Folding chairs, lock box, and a mini-folding table.

This allows all my gear to stay in the Bronco 24/7 with the Right shelf open for either Camping gear, Costco Runs, or suitecases for those Hotel based get-aways.

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider 20230514_114231
I love that setup. I made the right shelves removable for the same reasons!

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For someone that has limited tools/knowledge, I’d say you knocked it out of the park! Nice job!
Thank you! I just hope it holds up to some abuse! I'm visiting Gulches offroad park in South Carolina next week. Fingers crossed it will hold up. I will remove some of the heavy items from the top of the platform before I hit the trails though. I don't think the heavy power bank will enjoy getting tossed around on the trails!

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you! I just hope it holds up to some abuse! I'm visiting Gulches offroad park in South Carolina next week. Fingers crossed it will hold up. I will remove some of the heavy items from the top of the platform before I hit the trails though. I don't think the heavy power bank will enjoy getting tossed around on the trails!
You fit alot of "Stuff" in there! Nice work. Tell me about Gulches off-road park here in SC?

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You fit alot of "Stuff" in there! Nice work. Tell me about Gulches off-road park here in SC?
And that's just the rear! I have a huge THULE roof cargo box filled with all my lightweight bulky items! The back seats are also filled with crap lol

Here is the park: www.gulchesorvpark.com I've never been there, so I thought I'd include it in my Labor Day weekend road trip.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And that's just the rear! I have a huge THULE roof cargo box filled with all my lightweight bulky items! The back seats are also filled with crap lol

Here is the park: www.gulchesorvpark.com I've never been there, so I thought I'd include it in my Labor Day weekend road trip.
My set-up is a bit simpler for the beach. The only thing that slides are the two beach chairs that fit in the middle! Is IS so nice to have an electric frig!

20230509_145933.jpg

spidydt

Black Diamond
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx STi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are you accessing to the storage compartment under the floor with the fridge in?

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are you accessing to the storage compartment under the floor with the fridge in?
Sorry, I don't understand your question. Look at the first picture. Does that help answer your question? There is a 4 inch space between the floor and the fridge. That is enough to grab all my tools from there. I use a bottle jack, so I removed the stock one from the car. The jack was the only thing that was hard to get out.

Also, if you look closely, you will see that I made two cuts on the trunk mat along the storage lid, that way the rest of the mat will be put while I open the storage compartment.

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider 20230509_145933
Looks great. Where would one but some aluminum channel, platform material (plywood?) and fasteners like that?

Chazzy

Raptor
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor 2023
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford Bronco My DIY Rear Cargo Platform for Fridge & Slider 20230509_145933
Love what you did here. And using the Creform makes it easier to assemble I bet. And to change if needed. Pros and Cons?

spidydt

Black Diamond
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx STi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Look at the first picture. Does that help answer your question? There is a 4 inch space between the floor and the fridge. That is enough to grab all my tools from there. I use a bottle jack, so I removed the stock one from the car. The jack was the only thing that was hard to get out.

Also, if you look closely, you will see that I made two cuts on the trunk mat along the storage lid, that way the rest of the mat will be put while I open the storage compartment.
Yes I see that there’s a gap. What I don’t understand is how you get anything out of the storage bin that's behind the tools. Unless you just don’t keep anything in there?

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I see that there’s a gap. What I don’t understand is how you get anything out of the storage bin that's behind the tools. Unless you just don’t keep anything in there?
The lid opens high enough that I can take my two small tool bags (one is the one the Bronco came with) and all tire replacement tools out, except for the jack. I use a bottle jack. If I want to access the jack in the storage compartment. I'll try to take a picture for you. Give me a few minutes.