Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@fifty55
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the fridge slide to the base?
Trying to figure out how you used the extruded aluminum. Appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fifty55

fifty55

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@fifty55
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the fridge slide to the base?
Trying to figure out how you used the extruded aluminum. Appreciate it.
The fridge slide is mounted to a separate piece of plywood (1/2"). The ply is mounted to the aluminum frame, giving me about 4" of storage underneath. The slide came with Tee nuts, so I used those on the plywood to mount the slide. Here's a few pics of the ply base before the slide was mounted to it. Let me know if you need any other detail.

BR_slide.jpg

BR_slide2.jpg

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fridge slide is mounted to a separate piece of plywood (1/2"). The ply is mounted to the aluminum frame, giving me about 4" of storage underneath. The slide came with Tee nuts, so I used those on the plywood to mount the slide. Here's a few pics of the ply base before the slide was mounted to it. Let me know if you need any other detail.

Ford Bronco DIY Rear Cargo Platform with Fridge Slide For My 4-Door Bronco BR_slide2

Ford Bronco DIY Rear Cargo Platform with Fridge Slide For My 4-Door Bronco BR_slide2
What kind of plywood did you use? the finish looks perfect
This is awesome! Much appreciated.

OP
OP
fifty55

fifty55

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What kind of plywood did you use? the finish looks perfect
This is awesome! Much appreciated.
I used birch plywood picked up from my local Home Depot (Columbia Forest Products PureBond Birch Plywood, 1/2 in x 4 ft x 8 ft).
To get the finish smooth, I used a very fine foam roller to apply the Raptor Liner. I did multiple coats, sanding in-between coats with 220 grit sandpaper.

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used birch plywood picked up from my local Home Depot (Columbia Forest Products PureBond Birch Plywood, 1/2 in x 4 ft x 8 ft).
To get the finish smooth, I used a very fine foam roller to apply the Raptor Liner. I did multiple coats, sanding in-between coats with 220 grit sandpaper.
Awesome, thanks!

Sponsored

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did something similar, but ran extruded all the way across, primarily because my fold-up table needed to fit underneath so I can get that out quickly.

Did you get your stuff from TNutz? It worked out for me really well and half the price.

Hi,
I'm building something similar to your setup. How did you attach the wood panels to the extruded bars?
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to mount the panels on top of the bars instead of in the middle. I'm trying to create a flat surface without the lip.

Thank you

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi,
I'm building something similar to your setup. How did you attach the wood panels to the extruded bars?
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to mount the panels on top of the bars instead of in the middle. I'm trying to create a flat surface without the lip.

Thank you
So turns out that in my case, if you double up on your normal peg board (That dense cardboard like stuff you hang a tools on) it was the perfect thickness to slide in the t slot channel.

2 layers and in a small area like that, it is plenty strong (it easily supported my weight).... There may be other materials, but by the time I was looking for something to cover that right hand side, I was tired and just wanted anything that was simple to work with :)

Just notice you said a flat surface. They make attachments that allow you to place panels on the tops of t slot. Honestly, I would just put some nuts in the slots, and bolt it down through holes you drill in your wood. You could even countersink the bolts if you wanted to.

I actually prefer the lip around... Keep stuff from sliding far

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So turns out that in my case, if you double up on your normal peg board (That dense cardboard like stuff you hang a tools on) it was the perfect thickness to slide in the t slot channel.

2 layers and in a small area like that, it is plenty strong (it easily supported my weight).... There may be other materials, but by the time I was looking for something to cover that right hand side, I was tired and just wanted anything that was simple to work with :)

Just notice you said a flat surface. They make attachments that allow you to place panels on the tops of t slot. Honestly, I would just put some nuts in the slots, and bolt it down through holes you drill in your wood. You could even countersink the bolts if you wanted to.

I actually prefer the lip around... Keep stuff from sliding far
Just in time for my HomeDepot run! 😁 thanks a lot for the info.
Sponsored