First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks good too. How pricy is that a sheet?
I thick it was about $80 for the sheet and paid another $150 for an hour on the CNC table. I did all the design and cad files.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all the comments. I want to wait and see how well the Raptor Liner holds up before I start making for others. I’ve seen a few videos of the plywood splitting after Raptor liner was installed. Not sure if the prep
work wasn’t done right or if the plywood split/cracked because it was applied to the topside of DIY tear drop trailers. Either way, I want to get some time/use out of it before I charge others to make sure everything is holding up as well as if not better than Goose Gear. I’ll keep every up to date if I see issues.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thick it was about $80 for the sheet and paid another $150 for an hour on the CNC table. I did all the design and cad files.
CNC table would be nice. Save a lot of time

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice, my first thought after seeing your pics was you wouldn't have to worry about any water jug/propane tanks rolling around now. Nice multi solution.

Sponsored

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice work!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t really like the idea of spending over a grand on Goose Gear’s rear seat delete platform knowing it’s just plywood and Raptor liner, so I built my own and am very happy with how it turned out.
IMG_4419.jpeg
I've seen some nice DIY rear seat deletes, but this is definitely the best one. I need my rear seats, at least for the foreseeable future, but this is the way I'd go. How well does the liner hold up to the appearance of scratches? It looks so nice now, I'd be obsessed with keeping it that way. 😁

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well done everyone... on my list. To the OP, your work looks fantastic. Looks like you removed the rear floor under the platform, correct?... and is the platform bolted down or not?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen some nice DIY rear seat deletes, but this is definitely the best one. I need my rear seats, at least for the foreseeable future, but this is the way I'd go. How well does the liner hold up to the appearance of scratches? It looks so nice now, I'd be obsessed with keeping it that way. 😁
I just sprayed the Raptor Liner on Wednesday. It says to not get wet for 72 hrs and nothing heavy on it for seven days. I’ll give an update if the liner doesn’t hold up

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done everyone... on my list. To the OP, your work looks fantastic. Looks like you removed the rear floor under the platform, correct?... and is the platform bolted down or not?
Yes, removed floor but kept the vinyl intact in case it ever goes back to seats. It’s bolted down using seat studs and tie down bolts

IMG_4421.jpeg

Sponsored

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks fantastic.

@luvmybronco - could you have left the rear floor installed, or did you find it necessary to remove?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks fantastic.

@luvmybronco - could you have left the rear floor installed, or did you find it necessary to remove?
Had to remove it or I wouldn’t have been able open it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Didn’t really like the idea of spending over a grand on Goose Gear’s rear seat delete platform knowing it’s just plywood and Raptor liner, so I built my own and am very happy with how it turned out.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear who? Made my own DIY custom rear seat delete platform IMG_4421

Ford Bronco Goose Gear who? Made my own DIY custom rear seat delete platform IMG_4421

Cool mod!!! Love the creativity!

watrboy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy 2500HD 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You did an excellent job. I have cut my top piece out sign plywood, an outdoor rated plywood that was laying around. I want to just have a place for tie-downs and a fridge slide. Working out the details for locations and hardware now.
Very inspirational.
Sponsored