Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is GOLD!

I was researching Goose Gear for my 4-door but after reading the first few pages of this thread, I totally changed my mind. Then I read the posts below and my confidence in Goose Gear went back up. I wonder if these companies realize how much word of mouth matters on these forums. Thanks to everyone who contributed here.

Question for you @We_Love_Tacos ... Is the part of the platform that is in place of the driver side back seat perfectly flat? In this photo it looks like it may rise up a little bit.
Perfectly flat.
Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This thread is GOLD!

I was researching Goose Gear for my 4-door but after reading the first few pages of this thread, I totally changed my mind. Then I read the posts below and my confidence in Goose Gear went back up. I wonder if these companies realize how much word of mouth matters on these forums. Thanks to everyone who contributed here.

Question for you @We_Love_Tacos ... Is the part of the platform that is in place of the driver side back seat perfectly flat? In this photo it looks like it may rise up a little bit.
It’s perfectly flat. Also my German Shepherd’s are all over this thing with their massive claws and it still looks brand new.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are the panels scratch resistant, water resistant?
Can water sip or sand /dust build between panels if it rains or hose down the interior or if i off road or take the car to the beach and is windy ?
Is there any carpet or mat that would cover the whole goose kit ?
Can front seats be fully reclined and fully pushed back without any restrictions ( im 6'4" and I need all the space I can get )

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can water sip or sand /dust build between panels if it rains or hose down the interior or if i off road or take the car to the beach and is windy ?
Can front seats be fully reclined and fully pushed back without any restrictions ( im 6'4" and I need all the space I can get )
Yes to all...I went with a yoga mat I found online that covers from side panel to side panel and from the leading edge of the GG to the tailgate...easy to take out if cleaning is needed.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes to all...I went with a yoga mat I found online that covers from side panel to side panel and from the leading edge of the GG to the tailgate...easy to take out if cleaning is needed.
Since you already did the research and spent time finding one that works do you mind providing a link ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all good information. This thread certainly has endured. I received my rear panel for my 2 door seat delete kit. Waiting on the second box to arrive.

My questions is for anyone that has one installed. Because of the type of wood they use and the under side isn’t sealed; do any of you feel like it needs to be sealed? I live in a very humid climate and didn’t know how much moisture it could absorb or if you get water trapped under it if you get caught in the rain with top off.
I might be coming up with a solution for something that isn’t a problem.

Also, are there any written instruction or good install videos? I may have missed it while reading all 18 pages.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all good information. This thread certainly has endured. I received my rear panel for my 2 door seat delete kit. Waiting on the second box to arrive.

My questions is for anyone that has one installed. Because of the type of wood they use and the under side isn’t sealed; do any of you feel like it needs to be sealed? I live in a very humid climate and didn’t know how much moisture it could absorb or if you get water trapped under it if you get caught in the rain with top off.
I might be coming up with a solution for something that isn’t a problem.

Also, are there any written instruction or good install videos? I may have missed it while reading all 18 pages.
When I first got mine there were pretty much no instructions...I believe there are some now that should come with the kit with either a link to a video or an actual PDF. If you get stuck let me know and I can guide you through the more complicated parts (like where to stow the seat belt section so you don't throw a dashboard warning). I personally don't believe you have to worry about water intrusion because if the underside of the Goose Gear section does get wet it would mean you were either submerged or upside down...but if you wanted to you could certainly seal the underside of the sections. I believe it's Baltic Birch, which is fairly forgiving...and if you do pick some sort of sealant I would research and make sure that it doesn't soften the Line-X coating because that actually extends to the edges of the lower side of the panels. I do wish that they would have just simply coded all sides but I suspect they were either trying to save weight or money. I also think if you want to be less aggravated when you have to get something out of the rearmost cubby that you should consider doing what I and a couple other folks have done and added magnets to the lower section and steel flat hardware to the upper panel so that you can just pull it on and off instead of unbolt it each time.

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much. I definitely won’t be submerging it. My wife and I pretty much stick to the roads that are like those on the Florida traverse and in my old truck would just say no if we walked it and seemed too deep. We just like to camp away from people with 20 of our best friends. Just kidding.

I have watched so many videos during the 15 months I waited, I couldn’t remember if I should disconnect the negative before I undo the buckles or if it didn’t matter. Those are the nuances I didn’t remember. Now that I have it I’ve been digging through all the bookmarks to see. The GG is the first major purchase I made within a week of owning it. Only 2 months.

Also since I posted earlier the rest has arrived, but the weather has been horrible in the panhandle. Hopefully she and I can get at it tomorrow. So don’t be surprised if I message you. Thanks again. And great post.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much. I definitely won’t be submerging it. My wife and I pretty much stick to the roads that are like those on the Florida traverse and in my old truck would just say no if we walked it and seemed too deep. We just like to camp away from people with 20 of our best friends. Just kidding.

I have watched so many videos during the 15 months I waited, I couldn’t remember if I should disconnect the negative before I undo the buckles or if it didn’t matter. Those are the nuances I didn’t remember. Now that I have it I’ve been digging through all the bookmarks to see. The GG is the first major purchase I made within a week of owning it. Only 2 months.

Also since I posted earlier the rest has arrived, but the weather has been horrible in the panhandle. Hopefully she and I can get at it tomorrow. So don’t be surprised if I message you. Thanks again. And great post.
Hey! No need to disconnect negative...you will just be unplugging the seats, setting it aside, removing the receptacle sections, and then removing the bracket with the bolt through that allows them to pivot (you will have to pry off the star washer), and then I recommend buying some heavy duty velcro and then you'll be able to stick them to the floor just behind the wire loom and wiper line the traverses passenger to driver side...and you just plug them back in. Make sure when you have everything apart that you don't kneel anywhere near the wire loom because the stupid washer fluid line that traverses the floor is just plastic that is corrugated and asked me how I know how easy it is to spring a leak and then have a half a gallon of wiper fluid somewhere in the rear of your car.

I was stationed in Florida and remember that the air was pretty thick with humidity... I imagine there's a possibility that just running without much humidity 24/7 could have an effect in terms of warping something that is porous so it might be worth throwing a coat of some kind of sealant on there just to avoid that possibility...it would take maybe 15 minutes and it would be easy because you could just set them on the finished side while doing so.

Sponsored

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully we can get confirmation on reclined seat limitations. I’m 2 door, and 6”4 looking at this as a rear seat delete as well
Good to know before buying

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully we can get confirmation on reclined seat limitations. I’m 2 door, and 6”4 looking at this as a rear seat delete as well
Good to know before buying
No limit my 2 door seats go all the back.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No limit my 2 door seats go all the back.
If you're referring to how far the seats recline, however, there is some limit to that... but even with both my seats back all the way at the end of their track and reclined in what I prefer as the ideal driving position there is still enough space behind them to put some additional gear such as my Smittybilt compressor and a jack base.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered this unit. I'll let you know how the installation goes in about 10 weeks. LOL
Could've built it myself, but at 69 and retired, I have better thing to do with my time.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered this unit. I'll let you know how the installation goes in about 10 weeks. LOL
Could've built it myself, but at 69 and retired, I have better thing to do with my time.
I felt the same way...they did a better job than I could have, but mostly because I don't have a Line-X setup (and taking pieces to have them coated would have added up quickly). If someone with access to cabinet maker equipment got together with someone who has Line-X or Rhino Line access, they could sweep the market. Better yet, if someone has cost effective access to some other lightweight and rigid material, like HDPE, they could easily drum up business. Not sure why no company has done that yet?
Sponsored