missin44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks great, but for almost a $1k, jeez.
Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not the cheapest option but you get what you pay for.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It really is a nice kit.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed...I think it is worth about 600, but to make one oneself equals many hours and headaches...I tried and made a panel before my GG arrived but it was crude by comparison. Functional, but crude. If someone doesn't care a lot about appearance or having a configuration intended to be compatible with other GG stuff, a 5x5 sheet of 1/2 birch will do it...but you will need to sort out spacers and so forth.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the rear seat delete about 10 weeks ago so I'm hoping it comes in soon. Unfortunately something has come to my attention that has me a little concerned. It rained yesterday and when I opened the swing gate this morning water poured out of the weather stripping.

It's the second time this has opened so I poked around a bit and realized my jack compartment and storage area were holding a good bit of water. when I pulled the panel that covers those areas there was water under there as well. The D-rings were beginning to show rust and the panel itself was soaked.

I'd already dried the bins before I took pictures but the photos below show the issue.

Another thread on here is chalking the issue up to condensation. Regardless if that's the case or if it's a leak has anyone here had any water issues with the rear seat delete setup?
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20220717_112454
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20220717_112323
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20220717_112635

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the rear seat delete about 10 weeks ago so I'm hoping it comes in soon. Unfortunately something has come to my attention that has me a little concerned. It rained yesterday and when I opened the swing gate this morning water poured out of the weather stripping.

It's the second time this has opened so I poked around a bit and realized my jack compartment and storage area were holding a good bit of water. when I pulled the panel that covers those areas there was water under there as well. The D-rings were beginning to show rust and the panel itself was soaked.

I'd already dried the bins before I took pictures but the photos below show the issue.

Another thread on here is chalking the issue up to condensation. Regardless if that's the case or if it's a leak has anyone here had any water issues with the rear seat delete setup?
The only time I had that much moisture in my cargo area was as a result of my windshield washer line having a tiny hole in it (the line crosses the cargo area next to the wire loom). I would wager that you have a leak somewhere (internally like the washer line or externally from rain) because there should not be that much condensation in your cargo area even with extreme temperature changes. Those plugs in the cubbies are able to vent moisture outwards if water does accumulate in the bottom...but your moistire appears to be coming from above that (like weatherstripping or soft top or window in hard top). What happens when you spray your car with a hose around the roof/gate area from the top down? Any water intrusion then?

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only time I had that much moisture in my cargo area was as a result of my windshield washer line having a tiny hole in it (the line crosses the cargo area next to the wire loom). I would wager that you have a leak somewhere (internally like the washer line or externally from rain) because there should not be that much condensation in your cargo area even with extreme temperature changes. Those plugs in the cubbies are able to vent moisture outwards if water does accumulate in the bottom...but your moistire appears to be coming from above that (like weatherstripping or soft top or window in hard top). What happens when you spray your car with a hose around the roof/gate area from the top down? Any water intrusion then?
There doesn't seem to be a leak that I can see when I hose it down but I'm with you that almost has to be the case. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll have to keep an eye on it. I pulled the drain plugs in the jack and storage compartments for good measure.

Definitely not going to install the seat delete kit until I figure out what's going on.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There doesn't seem to be a leak that I can see when I hose it down but I'm with you that almost has to be the case. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll have to keep an eye on it. I pulled the drain plugs in the jack and storage compartments for good measure.

Definitely not going to install the seat delete kit until I figure out what's going on.
Yes that would be an issue if moisture is present (especially with carpet/padding) and because the spacers for the Goose Gear are wood they would absorb water/degrade. Hopefully the leak is located and you get it sorted out!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Goose Gear floor, fridge slider, and tailgate installed by OK4WD yesterday.
Technician said it fits better than JL.
Technician said jack cubby is blocked by slider but if you pull the slider all the way out you can access the screws. Might have to pull the rear trim out to get Jack. I haven’t had time to play with it to determine the level of effort to get the jack and I use the fridge way more than the jack.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 6C775A8B-3571-40A4-8B2E-F94C58E950CD
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 886A58D9-4A88-40AA-9B32-F9D3F927103B
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review A50C314A-F80A-4D50-800D-8E55F9FE2D54
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 49E8FFC3-EDF9-4C4A-AC53-57B9628A85E9

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Goose Gear floor, fridge slider, and tailgate installed by OK4WD yesterday.
Technician said jack cubby is blocked by slider but if you pull the slider all the way out you can access the screws. Might have to pull the rear trim out to get Jack. I haven’t had time to play with it to determine the level of effort to get the jack and I use the fridge way more than the jack.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 49E8FFC3-EDF9-4C4A-AC53-57B9628A85E9
Enjoy! I converted my jack cover from bolts to magnets which makes removal a snap, and I bought a Safe Jack system with accessories and they all fit in the forward cubby (along with a Rhino roll up tool bag for the Safe Jack extensions and lug wrenches). That way all my rear cubby has is my stuff for airing up and down. Much better with no rear seats!

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fridge on the right huh? I feel like most people have been advising putting the fridge on the left, even though the power is on the opposite side. I can't quite remember their reasonings. I dig it, this looks good. How easy is it to remove the fridge slide for daily driving?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been thinking about ordering one of these for my Dometic fridge.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Enjoy! I converted my jack cover from bolts to magnets which makes removal a snap, and I bought a Safe Jack system with accessories and they all fit in the forward cubby (along with a Rhino roll up tool bag for the Safe Jack extensions and lug wrenches). That way all my rear cubby has is my stuff for airing up and down. Much better with no rear seats!
Magnets are great idea! I think I read you did that and forgot all about it.
I've been eying the Safe Jack since I first saw it, probably this thread.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fridge on the right huh? I feel like most people have been advising putting the fridge on the left, even though the power is on the opposite side. I can't quite remember their reasonings. I dig it, this looks good. How easy is it to remove the fridge slide for daily driving?
I've had the fridge strapped down for months now; it never leaves. Living in NYC I don't drive daily but make several 1200+ mile round trips to NC every year. I've already racked up 12,194 miles since Oct. Usually I only put about 10k miles a year on my vehicles, all long distance highway and off road. The Bronco is such a great road trip car I've been making extra trips to NC. The fridge is an amazing luxury for those long days behind the wheel, not just when camping!

I decided to try the fridge on the right because that leaves room to put the rear 60% down and maybe create a quick sleeping platform, and also because the power is there. Wrangler back seats are opposite; the 60% is on the passenger side. Another reason to put the fridge on the drivers side is to avoid it hitting the tailgate table. If it's on the drivers side you create a nice kitchen work area between the table and the fridge.
The way it sits now I can't open the tailgate table and slide the fridge all the way out. That could be an issue if I'm not on level ground and the fridge slides out and smacks the table. I'm not sure if I'll keep it this way or move the fridge to the drivers side. If I move it, I may replace the GG floor with their version that has passenger side access to the underside storage.

I'm going to add the JCR back window molle panel on the drivers side. If I hang anything big/long it won't interfere with the fridge. I haven't decided if I want the molle panel on the passenger side as that will reduce visibility.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Magnets are great idea! I think I read you did that and forgot all about it.
I've been eying the Safe Jack since I first saw it, probably this thread.
The magnets work great, broncorik had a very good idea.
Sponsored