First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah not sure why GG did that. The reality is that if someone breaks in and wants to steal something from under the panels a screwdriver would make quick work of it...so I leave the forward panel unlocked. Even so, it would have been nice to have had the same latch and hinge mechanisms on both doors and no cutout on the rear door so either one key or no key would be needed. My magnets should arrive Friday and I will post a video afterwards.
Magnets:

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The magnets are a great idea. Heard from my GG dealer, apparently my kit has shipped and should be here by early next week.

I echo the thoughts of others broncorik, you really took one for the team here and worked with GG to iron out many of the problems making it better for the rest of us.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The magnets are a great idea. Heard from my GG dealer, apparently my kit has shipped and should be here by early next week.

I echo the thoughts of others broncorik, you really took one for the team here and worked with GG to iron out many of the problems making it better for the rest of us.
Hopefully it arrives soon and that you will enjoy it! Even the 3/4 of an inch you gain in height for the rear cubbies makes it possible to get a bottle jack in sideways...and now I can transport my portable compressor behind the driver's seat and my accessories where the factory jack used to live. Now I get the benefits of the wheeling ability of the 2-door and a lot more useful space. Let me know if you need any info during your install. Note that the GG website now includes the install instructions.

thisispete

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't want to have to have an allen tool to open an emergency storage compartment.
My thought exactly! Why didn't they make this some sort of quick release cover?? If it's an emergency I do not want to dick around with undoing hardware for access! That magnet solution is great broncorik

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah not sure why GG did that. The reality is that if someone breaks in and wants to steal something from under the panels a screwdriver would make quick work of it...so I leave the forward panel unlocked. Even so, it would have been nice to have had the same latch and hinge mechanisms on both doors and no cutout on the rear door so either one key or no key would be needed. My magnets should arrive Friday and I will post a video afterwards.
What magnets did you end up using?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I enlarged the holes in the platform to exactly 3/8" (after I removed the t-nuts and installed them in the removable panel). I then used expoxy to glue the magnets in (superglue would also work).
Thanks, I just ordered the magnets. I'm supposed to pick up the GG kit from the dealer next week.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I just ordered the magnets. I'm supposed to pick up the GG kit from the dealer next week.
Let me know if you get stuck! I used one of the bolts to thread into the t-nuts in the platform and then used a mallet to pop them out, then I used that same mallet to drive them into the base of the removable cover...then installed the bolts into the cover and snugged them and then sawed them flush and filed the assemblies smooth.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not big on waiting (the GG anchors have to be ordered through a dealer) and am concerned about how the GG anchors angle upward (they're fixed and can't lay flush to the plate / floor). Also, GG is pretty proud of their anchors at $55 per set of four.

I received my GG plate system / stealth "sleep" package last Wednesday. Today I ordered the following for my install. That's only $47 for 12 anchors that can lay flush to the floor.

Anchors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HYH42GV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fasteners (GG says 1" are needed for LineX-coated plates, but I grabbed some 5/8", too)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2SRBPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2S7QM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Washers (the fasteners are smaller in diameter than the anchor holes)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GWH59P9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Those may rattle off roading.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.amazon.com/GPCA-Tie-Dow...403fc&pd_rd_wg=t81oy&pd_rd_i=B01DEFD3N8&psc=1

I like the shape of these because I intend to use cargo netting but folks say they are on the flimsy side...but that shouldn't matter if they are bolted directly to the wood platform because:

1. The wood platform is not going to handle a lot of pull force

2. The holes are too big for the 1/4 20 inserts and you'd have to use a big washer anyway

I like the GG ones but because they stick up they may not work as well for me (because I am going for all flat with a yoga mat over the platform for dogs). For the rear cargo net I may use the ones in the link above bolted to the floor where the original bigger D-Rings lived, for strength.

Last edited:

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Possibly. They didn't around town. But I installed them so I could use them. In addition to the nets I also have a heavy duty organizer with built-in cooler compartment that attaches in front of the swing gate.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review IMG_6609

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
https://www.amazon.com/GPCA-Tie-Dow...403fc&pd_rd_wg=t81oy&pd_rd_i=B01DEFD3N8&psc=1

I like the shape of these but folks say they are in the flimsy side...but that won't even matter if they are bolted directly to the wood platform because:

1. The wood platform is not going to handle a lot of pull force

2. The holes are too big for the 1/4 20 inserts and you'd have to use a big washer anyway

I like the GG ones but because they stick up they may not work as well for me (because I am going for all flat with a yoga mat over the platform for dogs)
I bought those, as well, after the larger ones I initially linked. I have both installed and don't find the GPCA's to be flimsy.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Possibly. They didn't around town. But I installed them so I could use them. In addition to the nets I also have a heavy duty organizer with built-in cooler compartment that attaches in front of the swing gate.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review IMG_6609
I spouse you can attach a bungee cord from hook to hook on all 3 for tension.
Sponsored