Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I finally took a pic of my GG with the four Ford tie downs installed. I also installed four stainless steel screws in the rectangular jack storage area. I didn't want to have to have an allen tool to open an emergency storage compartment. The stainless steel screws I used can be removed with a phillips head, regular head, square tip head, or any coin or key etc.

IMG_9672.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I finally took a pic of my GG with the four Ford tie downs installed. I also installed four stainless steel screws in the rectangular jack storage area. I didn't want to have to have an allen tool to open an emergency storage compartment. The stainless steel screws I used can be removed with a phillips head, regular head, square tip head, or any coin or key etc.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review IMG_9672
Good way to retain the strongest tie-down points...you could transport something pretty heavy that way.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my GG slotted cargo mounting set:

https://www.goose-gear.com/products/goose-gear-anchors-1

And I can share that it is very high-quality construction. For my intended purpose (having secure points to mount 1" Raingler cargo net straps) I give them a thumbs-up because there are no sharp edges (like many cheaper alternatives). I also like that they have a slot that is slightly over an inch to allow the strap to make the bend without bunching. At 34.95 for 4 (and 39.95 shipped) they are on the pricey side (nearly 10 dollars per anchor). Even these cost less per unit and appear to have far more machining:

https://www.rockworkx.com/products/...thumb-screw-integrated-d-ring-eight-piece-set

As someone else pointed out, the GG ones do not fold down...so there's that. For me, these fit my need for at least 2 and possibly 4 mount points at the front of my platform...but if I needed something to tie anything to towards the rear I'd just use my factory setup bolted to the GG platform.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20220301_162345

20220301_162646.jpg

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Make sure you have a deep 18mm 6 point socket for the seats. FYI.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you don't want to torque your shoulders just grab a medium breaker bar for the 4 seat bolts (2 if one seat delete). The rear are easy to get leverage on because you can do it while leaning over the bumper....the other 2 you may have to crawl in and slide the front seat all the way forward, but not bad overall. They are super light so that helps. Make sure you unplug the seat belt receptacle while pulling the seat, then take a pic of the mechanism and use a torx head to remove the receptacle. Then with it removed from the seat rail (you need to pull the two retaining plugs out of the trim to be able to access the torx head), use a flat screw driver to pry up the thin retaining washer so that you can hold the edge with a small pair of pliers and then unscew the torx head bolt from the receptacle so all that is left is the receptacle with no spring or bracket. Plug it back in and use a square of heavy duty velcro to stick it to the floor, behind the wire loom and under the carpet or rubberized flooring flap.
Damn good advice! Just finished this step and it was spot on.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I don’t need to remove the carpet correct?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well that went really well. Very easy install and all is flush etc. GG did include an optional spacer and I decided to use it but there was really no movement before other than a little wiggle.

This install would have not gone as easy if it wasn’t for @broncorik. You were beyond helpful and I thank you.

Once my son takes off in a few years I will delete the other side.

41C4A2E4-67B9-478F-9031-3C7C1FD70DC9.jpeg

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great job. BroncoRik totally helped me too, we knocked out the install in like a half hour.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that went really well. Very easy install and all is flush etc. GG did include an optional spacer and I decided to use it but there was really no movement before other than a little wiggle.

This install would have not gone as easy if it wasn’t for @broncorik. You were beyond helpful and I thank you.

Once my son takes off in a few years I will delete the other side.

41C4A2E4-67B9-478F-9031-3C7C1FD70DC9.jpeg
Nicely done! Were you able to get the seat belt receptacle sorted out? Also, are you interested in modding the jack cover? I found a way to keep the bolts in their locations on that cover and to install neodymium magnets so you can just pull the cover on and off...

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nicely done! Were you able to get the seat belt receptacle sorted out? Also, are you interested in modding the jack cover? I found a way to keep the bolts in their locations on that cover and to install neodymium magnets so you can just pull the cover on and off...
Thanks. I got the seatbelt all done before you emailed me due to that one post I thanked maybe a page back.

I threw an extra Allen in my Bronco kit for the jack stand area but that magnet idea sounds pretty good. I have no idea why it’s not another door that pops open like the Bronco kit area though.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah not sure why GG did that. The reality is that if someone breaks in and wants to steal something from under the panels a screwdriver would make quick work of it...so I leave the forward panel unlocked. Even so, it would have been nice to have had the same latch and hinge mechanisms on both doors and no cutout on the rear door so either one key or no key would be needed. My magnets should arrive Friday and I will post a video afterwards.
Sponsored