Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love it.

Not sure I'd give up instant rear seats to gain 4" of 'flatness' in the rear area.

Ordered the brand new @Mabett 2door seat back covers... and see that as a better compromise.

It drives me nuts that 3/4 of the people that criticize the 2 door's rear storage are clueless about how to properly fold down the rear seats.

Most do it just like a moar-door... pop the seat backs and flop them down.

If you do that... it looks like this:

img_1759-640x480.jpg

If you follow the right steps:

1. Lift rear seat bottoms forward.

2. Rotate rear seat bottoms to the backs of the front seats.

3. Pull release of rear seat back to fold the headrest 90°.

4. .. THEN.. fold the rear seat backs flat like the moar-doors.

Then it looks like this.

images (17).jpeg

There is still a 4" step up to backs of the rear seats... but, most importantly... the seat backs are as flat as the rear cargo area.

With the new seat back protectors from @Mabett and a cargo floor protector, I don't see an advantage to removing the rear seats.

If you absolutely need it perfectly flat.. then pull the rear seats.

If you think you may ever possibly have a 3rd or 4th person in your Bronco, then giving up 4" and your 2 stowed seats to make your cargo floor even flatter.. then it makes no sense to me at all.

Ulimately, your decision is yours, but at least fold the seats down PROPERLY at least once before you make the decision to delete that rear seat. Just sayin-... ✌
I’m 6’4” tall and need my seat ALL the way back and with some recline. Flipping the back seats forward properly blocks me from getting my driver’s seat into proper position without completely smashing the rear seat bottom cushion. I agree with you, but I am considering removing one of the rear seats in the name of cargo space for trips. I run a fridge (currently ARB 37 quart, but I’m looking at swapping to an Engel MR040 because of the door orientation) that takes up a significant amount of cargo space with the seats flipped up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it.

Not sure I'd give up instant rear seats to gain 4" of 'flatness' in the rear area.

Ordered the brand new @Mabett 2door seat back covers... and see that as a better compromise.

It drives me nuts that 3/4 of the people that criticize the 2 door's rear storage are clueless about how to properly fold down the rear seats.

Most do it just like a moar-door... pop the seat backs and flop them down.

If you do that... it looks like this:

img_1759-640x480.jpg

If you follow the right steps:

1. Lift rear seat bottoms forward.

2. Rotate rear seat bottoms to the backs of the front seats.

3. Pull release of rear seat back to fold the headrest 90°.

4. .. THEN.. fold the rear seat backs flat like the moar-doors.

Then it looks like this.

images (17).jpeg

There is still a 4" step up to backs of the rear seats... but, most importantly... the seat backs are as flat as the rear cargo area.

With the new seat back protectors from @Mabett and a cargo floor protector, I don't see an advantage to removing the rear seats.

If you absolutely need it perfectly flat.. then pull the rear seats.

If you think you may ever possibly have a 3rd or 4th person in your Bronco, then giving up 4" and your 2 stowed seats to make your cargo floor even flatter.. then it makes no sense to me at all.

Ulimately, your decision is yours, but at least fold the seats down PROPERLY at least once before you make the decision to delete that rear seat. Just sayin-... ✌
If you are over 6' tall like myself, you likely find the folded rear seats push the front seats further forward than comfort allows.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are over 6' tall like myself, you likely find the folded rear seats push the front seats further forward than comfort allows.
I agree. I'm 6'1"... and about one notch too close... and one notch from being reclined as much as I want... but definitely tolerable for the convenience of maintaining a rear seat. I can also just lay down the passenger seat if I only need a fraction of the room.

I have also found if I have the seat where I like it (one notch up, one notch more reclined), I can drop the rear seat in place and it will wedge in there. Once the seat is moved forward at all though, it won't go back to it.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish someone sold a kit for this set up.
They do, Goose Gear, but it's gonna be about a grand. I'm in this for maybe $100-150.
Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door tempImagef78WDK

IvyBronco

This looks great! I’m going to do this on mine when it comes in. Does anyone have measurements of the cargo area like this? Wondering what I’d be able to fit back there with those rear seats gone.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks great! I’m going to do this on mine when it comes in. Does anyone have measurements of the cargo area like this? Wondering what I’d be able to fit back there with those rear seats gone.
I made mine 51 inches in length from the center console and at the rear by the tailgate is 41.5 wide I believe. I posted more measurements in the 2 door thread. It's close to the last page.

IvyBronco

I made mine 51 inches in length from the center console and at the rear by the tailgate is 41.5 wide I believe. I posted more measurements in the 2 door thread. It's close to the last page.
Thank you! I’ll take a look.

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nicely done. I wanted to keep the rear seats just in case so I came up with a storage option without removing the back seats. The panels fold back allowing the rear seats to be used. Also included tie down rings and cabinet locks which lock the panels down using the built in tie down rods built into the rear seats

20220813_124626.jpg
Sponsored