S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m not super tall, but I think the seat removal will be best. The driver’s side has the rear tailgate latch bump out which was slightly interfering. Drivers side is definitely tighter so I don’t think that will work.

Uhaul motorcycle trailer is the play for now. Basically $25/day includes insurance and is a pretty good deal IMO.
Awesome! Please share more photos when you tackle the passenger seat platform extension. And yes, that's a pretty good deal. You don't even have to store it somewhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Preheateddinner

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really great work! This thread was part of my inspiration for this past weekends project.

I ended up leaving the seats in and did a platform. I wanted a level load floor to make it easy to load my photo gear (larger pelican cases) and also something to hide my subwoofer when the top is down (or even with the soft top on). I also like that it can be removed in a few minutes.

still a work in progress:
Looks like a great solution! I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's slightly different builds.

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I need this so bad. I haul the grandson around on the weekend and am doing several construction projects during the week. Can you post a pic of it in the open position. Im gonna build this so any pics or any info on what materials and where you got them would be helpful. Maybe a pic of the frame if possible.
The only framing done was around the storage boxes. The platform itself is 3/4 inch OSB. The one on the boxes is single thickness, the other two are double thickness(1 1/2 in) to accommodate the lock down locks in the forward panel and keeping the middle panel level with that.

20220817_134043.jpg

20220817_133800.jpg

20220817_134121.jpg

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really great work! This thread was part of my inspiration for this past weekends project.

I ended up leaving the seats in and did a platform. I wanted a level load floor to make it easy to load my photo gear (larger pelican cases) and also something to hide my subwoofer when the top is down (or even with the soft top on). I also like that it can be removed in a few minutes.

still a work in progress:

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 20220817_134121
Very nice! I'm not thrilled with the piano hinges I used as they do detract from a totally flat floor. IF I get motivated I may replace them with hidden hinges.

Sponsored

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the pics. I just haven't quite figured out how the locks keep the 2 front platforms level.

Poolboy1637

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only framing done was around the storage boxes. The platform itself is 3/4 inch OSB. The one on the boxes is single thickness, the other two are double thickness(1 1/2 in) to accommodate the lock down locks in the forward panel and keeping the middle panel level with that.

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 20220901_124134

What are your latches hooking onto?

Sponsored

Poolboy1637

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There's a little bar built into the back of the seats. The panels rests on the seat and the larches hook under the bar to keep the pals securely in place.

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 20220817_133800

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 20220817_133800
Thank you, I really like this setup, I'm likely to try something similar. Thank you for sharing.

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Perfect solution! Can you please post drawings or more photos so I can understand the locking feature? I don’t have my Bronco yet so I don’t know what the back seat tie down rods are. What did you do to support the hinged areas? Thanks

Poolboy1637

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Perfect solution! Can you please post drawings or more photos so I can understand the locking feature? I don’t have my Bronco yet so I don’t know what the back seat tie down rods are. What did you do to support the hinged areas? Thanks
The two metal bars surrounded by plastic on the back of the rear seats for car seat straps to anchor to. I believe the latch rotates in underneath it putting tension on the panel and holding it firmly in place.

2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door Trunk Cargo Room Space.jpg

manolan478

Wildtrak
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 2.7L Sas Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did something similar but went a different route and painted it with bedliner paint. Also adding a sub box and will add a built in shelf about the sub box.
Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door Trunk Cargo Room Space
Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door Trunk Cargo Room Space
Where did you get the template for the cutout? This looks great.
Sponsored