My DIY 2 door rear seat delete

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nicely done. I wanted to keep the rear seats just in case so I came up with a storage option without removing the back seats. The panels fold back allowing the rear seats to be used. Also included tie down rings and cabinet locks which lock the panels down using the built in tie down rods built into the rear seats.

20220813_124626.jpg
That is outstanding fit and finish. Great job!
Sponsored

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn’t reinvent the wheel here- just wanted a full, flat cargo area and sleeping platform. Still need to add a hinged headboard to the top for camping.

Materials used, totaling about $84:
4x8 sheet of 3/4” OSB (cut to 53” so I could get it home in the bronco)
6x8 outdoor carpet roll in dark grey
16” piano hinge
Adhesive spray

Hoping @Mabett will come up with a slide out tailgate I can replace this with soon.

3D6BE787-B0B4-442E-9603-BCD0A7E2C277.jpeg

46B6B122-1E74-4DD9-8ADB-3CACCACED413.jpeg
Very clean. Looks great!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Preheateddinner Did you do anything to address the seat belt error messages that come up with the rear seats removed? I removed my seats yesterday and will be building a platform like yours today. Would prefer to not have the airbag and seat belt warnings.

OP
OP
Preheateddinner

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Preheateddinner Did you do anything to address the seat belt error messages that come up with the rear seats removed? I removed my seats yesterday and will be building a platform like yours today. Would prefer to not have the airbag and seat belt warnings.
I left the seat belt latch attached to the wiring and just tucked it under the carpet, so I don't have any errors showing. I also tucked the belt behind the side panel trim, but didn't do anything with the retracting reel, so no errors there either.

Sorry I didn't take progress photos during to show the seat belt. Basically, you just remove one big bolt that holds the latch (the female part the buckle goes into) to the seat back assembly trim and keep it connected to the wires coming up from the floor. I think there's a few others on the forum who were better at taking photos of the process.

Heymucko

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nicely done. I wanted to keep the rear seats just in case so I came up with a storage option without removing the back seats. The panels fold back allowing the rear seats to be used. Also included tie down rings and cabinet locks which lock the panels down using the built in tie down rods built into the rear seats.

20220813_124626.jpg
Did I make the drawers or buy them?

Sponsored

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Purchased off Amazon. If you look closely at the boxes you can see the driver side had to be modified slightly to fit around the rear door lock mechanism. Trimmed about 4 inches off the drawer pull handle.

Heymucko

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Purchased off Amazon. If you look closely at the boxes you can see the driver side had to be modified slightly to fit around the rear door lock mechanism. Trimmed about 4 inches off the drawer pull handle.
Do you have a link for them or description of what you searched?

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t reinvent the wheel here- just wanted a full, flat cargo area and sleeping platform. Still need to add a hinged headboard to the top for camping.

Materials used, totaling about $84:
4x8 sheet of 3/4” OSB (cut to 53” so I could get it home in the bronco)
6x8 outdoor carpet roll in dark grey
16” piano hinge
Adhesive spray

Hoping @Mabett will come up with a slide out tailgate I can replace this with soon.

3D6BE787-B0B4-442E-9603-BCD0A7E2C277.jpeg

46B6B122-1E74-4DD9-8ADB-3CACCACED413.jpeg
You fit back there to sleep?

I feel like my legs would be dangling out.

OP
OP
Preheateddinner

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You fit back there to sleep?

I feel like my legs would be dangling out.
I'm only 5' 3", so yes. But my fiancé, who is 5'9", also fits. It does require pushing the front seats all the way forward and using the space above the rear footwell to stretch out. I saw a guy on here who said he is 6' and can sleeping diagonally. YMMV

I'm making a rear footwell bridge that attaches to the front headrests and the rear tie-downs. Kinda like this: https://www.amazon.com/Kurgo-Backseat-Reversible-Bridge-Extender/dp/B004OSUG8A That way we can still use the footwells for storage.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Similar to what I did. Only thing is I bolted down the front panels. I just lift the back one to access the storage

4CD08754-4BEB-4D1A-AD18-9FA9EC037DD7.jpeg

Sponsored

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco My DIY 2 door rear seat delete 4CD08754-4BEB-4D1A-AD18-9FA9EC037DD7
I really like this. Was shopping around for something similar. Do you have any type of write up or guide?

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have a link for them or description of what you searched?
This is what I purchased:
3U Locking Rack Drawer by AxcessAbles | 15" Deep Secured Metal Server Rack Mount Storage Drawer | 45lb Capacity | Compatible with 19-Inch Rack-mount Cases, Audio Video Equipment Cabinets (RKDRAWER3U

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really like this. Was shopping around for something similar. Do you have any type of write up or guide?
Sorry, nothing written down. Put it together in my head along with a little trial and error .

Heymucko

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what I purchased:
3U Locking Rack Drawer by AxcessAbles | 15" Deep Secured Metal Server Rack Mount Storage Drawer | 45lb Capacity | Compatible with 19-Inch Rack-mount Cases, Audio Video Equipment Cabinets (RKDRAWER3U
Thanks

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WOW ! Can't wait until I get my Bronco - NPS880 I want to do something very similar. Isn't there some sort of under storage in the back? and can you still access that part?
Sponsored