First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally got to removing the rear seats and adding a platform. I used a sheet of 11/16” luan plywood that I had. Fit it to the side panels, but did not fit it in front of the rear cupholders. Just left it straight. Used small barrel hinges for the lid and painted it with Raptor Liner. Used the factory rear hooks and added two more at the front. I disconnected the seat belt receivers from the seats, plugged them back in and they are sitting in a divot under the platform. Kinda seems that Ford made them to sit there. Happy coincidence maybe?
I made the deck short enough so the seats can slide all the way back and lay down too.

Fairly easy project. A lot cheaper than buying the pre made parts!
Ford Bronco Another 2 door rear seat delete platform IMG_0716
Ford Bronco Another 2 door rear seat delete platform IMG_0717
Ford Bronco Another 2 door rear seat delete platform IMG_0721
Sponsored

BigBlue4

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very Nice!, I'm not as skilled as you and wanted to keep the 2seats. I just did a small platform wrapped in rubber mat for the dogs in the back.

Ford Bronco Another 2 door rear seat delete platform 1698062736174
Really cool design! I’m looking to do the same thing as I have 2 dogs and would like a little more stability for them in the back. Where did you get the rubber?

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really cool design! I’m looking to do the same thing as I have 2 dogs and would like a little more stability for them in the back. Where did you get the rubber?
Thanks, I just ordered a 3x5 rubber mat on Amazon, cut to fit, stapled (hammered flat), removed excess on 3sides leaving the overhang for the rear. Went to home depot for the board, had them cut a 2'x'4' to fit the back, no powersaws needed.
Sponsored