First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For our use, the back seats were just in the way so I removed them during the initial RetroMod build. I didn’t think Huskies and back seats would work well together. Plus we gained a ton of additional cargo space. I have been waiting for someone to release an affordable platform for the 2 door. After a long wait, I finally decided to take the plunge and build my own.

What is a Buck Board? It’s just another run of the mill platform / rear seat delete for a 2 door Bronco, but different. I’ve have gotten my inspiration from the multiple platforms that have been shared here. This is my idea of what it should look like and how it should be built.

It is made mostly from 1/2” and 3/4” sanded plywood. The top is 3/4” plywood faced with 3/4” board to give it more of a finished look (it just hides the multiple layers of wood in the plywood). The front is faced with the 3/4” board placed vertically to add more rigidity to the front area. I used stainless steel button head bolts in six of the original mounting points for the tie downs and two in the center that were used to fasten the rear seat. Six of these are recessed into the top to keep the platform flat. The studs for the rear seats are still there, but I made pockets under the platform for them to fit into.

I wanted to add a hatch to access the tire changing equipment and extra storage space under the platform, but I didn’t want to have a raised hinge exposed. I wanted the floor to be as flat as possible. After researching hidden hinges, I decided to use magnets recessed into the hatch and base to secure it. This actually works very well and keeps the floor completely flat. So far it hasn’t rattled one time.

We started with a Badlands with MGV seats and washout floors. The only carpet in the truck was on the backs of the rear seats and they are long gone. After more research I used 1/8” thick rubber kennel flooring to cover the platform. This seemed like the best solution.

The rear seat belts are also removed. Using tricks I learned here, I no longer have an air bag light on.

Ford Bronco RetroMod Buck Board / 2 Door Rear Seat Delete - Platform 49F52334-FED9-4D8A-95D0-C1171BCEDDEF
Ford Bronco RetroMod Buck Board / 2 Door Rear Seat Delete - Platform 7C34FCBE-100C-45B4-80AB-649F2C265DBC
Ford Bronco RetroMod Buck Board / 2 Door Rear Seat Delete - Platform D4DC89CF-FD10-4825-AB13-966469EAA7F1
Ford Bronco RetroMod Buck Board / 2 Door Rear Seat Delete - Platform E7D0495E-77BA-41ED-AE4E-74B4BC804EA5
Sponsored