Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picture would be awesome! I assume you formed a "T" shape to keep it stable for the piece between the seats?

My idea was for the side supports is to have 2 pieces of 1x or 3/4" ply and use these (or similar) furniture feet to contact the floor. Sadly this is all on paper until I actually have my bronco delivered but I figure I can build it before hand. I am worried about "squishing" the seats because most of the time, like you, I will have the seats down.

I wasn't sure if the side supports would fit between the sidewalls and the seats. To me it doesn't seem like a lot of space. But I see you were able to snake a piece in the center, which also looks tight.

https://www.rockler.com/heavy-duty-...anCNOxA4EQEktTQGm4GwWHD-v0ntpmoIaAgoUEALw_wcB
Someone on here did make a frame that provides a full board between the seats and on both sides (between the seats and sidewall).. It probably makes a good, solid platform but it is more "stuff" to deal with when putting the seats up, using the seats, or removing the frame. I was striving for a good balance of support and simplicity. The picture is NOT my rig but another hero on the forum. This was more than I wanted to deal with but it is an option. I also used 1x vice 2x and I am plenty happy with the stoutness of the rig.

I think I know where you are going with the furniture feet. It would probably work, you'll just have to think what happens when you want to fold the platform up to use the seats. Where will they go.?

My piece between the seats is just a short piece of board. No T. It is snug enough to stay put and provide the support. You can see it in one of my original photos. I'll get a new photo tomorrow.

Style2_pic1.jpeg
Sponsored

Hapa

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone on here did make a frame that provides a full board between the seats and on both sides (between the seats and sidewall).. It probably makes a good, solid platform but it is more "stuff" to deal with when putting the seats up, using the seats, or removing the frame. I was striving for a good balance of support and simplicity. The picture is NOT my rig but another hero on the forum. This was more than I wanted to deal with but it is an option. I also used 1x vice 2x and I am plenty happy with the stoutness of the rig.

I think I know where you are going with the furniture feet. It would probably work, you'll just have to think what happens when you want to fold the platform up to use the seats. Where will they go.?

My piece between the seats is just a short piece of board. No T. It is snug enough to stay put and provide the support. You can see it in one of my original photos. I'll get a new photo tomorrow.

Ford Bronco Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform Style2_pic1
So there is enough room to have a straight 2x between sidewalls and seats and have it run full length? I did not even consider that, I thought it would not fit. I see the advantage of both. Yours you can easily hinge the platform WITHOUT having to take the whole thing out. My design and the one you attached you would have to slide the whole thing out into the garage or similar. This is very helpful.

OP
OP
Trigger

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So there is enough room to have a straight 2x between sidewalls and seats and have it run full length? I did not even consider that, I thought it would not fit. I see the advantage of both. Yours you can easily hinge the platform WITHOUT having to take the whole thing out. My design and the one you attached you would have to slide the whole thing out into the garage or similar. This is very helpful.
Yes. I wanted to be able to put up the seats when I was out and about without removing anything.

Hapa

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform Style2_pic1
Do you happen to have the link to the hero who built the picture you linked? Would love to see if he is able to "Slide" the assembly out the back or if it catches on the rear door trim (aka more or less permanent)

OP
OP
Trigger

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Photo of set up pulled out of my rig.

911F914F-0E82-4767-B052-A149EA9012A7.jpeg

EABDFAA6-91F6-4EEA-85DF-B0143E72133F.jpeg

1B4BBBE5-722A-4563-AF2F-57091051F17D.jpeg

Sponsored

Hapa

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Photo of set up pulled out of my rig.

Ford Bronco Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform 1B4BBBE5-722A-4563-AF2F-57091051F17D

Ford Bronco Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform 1B4BBBE5-722A-4563-AF2F-57091051F17D

That looks might easy to take in and out. Thank you for posting that! Can I pick your brain? Do you have to tip the platform on edge to slide out the back? What I'm getting at is if there were 2xs that flanked the sides of the seats would there be clearance to slide it out the back or would the constriction at the door prevent? Thanks again for the pics

Poolboy1637

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
Trigger

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hapa

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello Trigger and fellow DIY'ers. Not having access to my bronco yet, I drew this based off interweb schematics (dangerous I know). Anyone that has a 2-door and is bored can verify the green measurements? Would have my eternal gratitude. Going to use these backgrounds to build a frame. Cheers all!

Ford Bronco Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform 1693195785372

Last edited:

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Trigger for the great idea. I just finished my version of your platform this weekend. I went with adjustable furniture legs to get about 7" clearance below so I could store some stuff. Used a 1x8 piece of wood between the seats and 2 smaller feet for stability on the sides of the platform over the seats (just loosely placed in between the seat back and platform). About to take a trip and this should come in real handy for the dog.

IMG_7709.jpeg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7722.jpeg

Sponsored

Hapa

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks Trigger for the great idea. I just finished my version of your platform this weekend. I went with adjustable furniture legs to get about 7" clearance below so I could store some stuff. Used a 1x8 piece of wood between the seats and 2 smaller feet for stability on the sides of the platform over the seats (just loosely placed in between the seat back and platform). About to take a trip and this should come in real handy for the dog.

Ford Bronco Another custom 2-door rear cargo area level platform IMG_7722

Looks great

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Trigger whenever you decide you dont need that platform pack it up and send it out to me here in Arizona :LOL:

OP
OP
Trigger

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Trigger whenever you decide you dont need that platform pack it up and send it out to me here in Arizona :LOL:
:LOL:Glad you like it. I am still digging it and it is working great. I never take it out. I have faith you can make your own in a weekend. (y)

#Champ

Base
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello Trigger and fellow DIY'ers. Not having access to my bronco yet, I drew this based off interweb schematics (dangerous I know). Anyone that has a 2-door and is bored can verify the green measurements? Would have my eternal gratitude. Going to use these backgrounds to build a frame. Cheers all!

Hi Trigger, I'm a DIY guy and have a small cnc. I'd be willing to run this as a test for mine if you have a dwg or svg file.

OP
OP
Trigger

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Trigger, I'm a DIY guy and have a small cnc. I'd be willing to run this as a test for mine if you have a dwg or svg file.
That schematic is from another hero on this page. I’m just a pencil, graph paper, and tape measure kinda guy. Reach out to @Hapa. Not sure what he did with those plans. I’d like to see the final result.
Sponsored