Sponsored

Another 2-door platform - simple and clean

Would you buy this in Aluminum construction with your choice of finish (powder coat, carpet, raw)?

• Total voters

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally would make the top platform two pieces split down the middle.

Odds of needing to use one rear seat are reasonable. Odds of needing both are damn close to zero.

I like Josh's hinged up access to the rear storage, though more for whatever I would have between the rear storage and the platform. In the storage itself I have the jack, a tow strap, and jumper cables. Which are hopefully never actually have to use items.
Sponsored

VTMech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up doing something similar. The dogs appreciate the flat space and I appreciate them not stepping on my Kicker hideaway.

In the storage space I still have access to the bottom storage and I have the kicker in there along with some towing stuff.

This is Rev. A. Going to try again with a few modifications and clean up the look a bit.

Ford Bronco Another 2-door platform - simple and clean 1680699283097

Ford Bronco Another 2-door platform - simple and clean 1680699290807

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks great. Nice and clean. I'd put a tray or basket for stuff in that center section, to easily remove it all to get under that. Also keeps small items from rolling around and getting lost.

Why not attach the center support to the hinged door - to provide the support and avoid having to remove it to open the lower hatch.

I went ahead and pulled out the lower cushion of the driver's side rear seat. Allows me to recline a tiny bit more. If I have more than two passengers, we will be in the Wife's Mazda anyway.

The loss of cargo space (height) doesn't bother me because I have the Roof Rack and can strap all manner of goods up there. Good luck!

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is genius. I wish there was an aftermarket kit just like this.

Sponsored

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reason I wouldn't buy it is because I'm 6'3" and I need my seat all the way back and I can't fold the seats down without it interfering with the drivers seat. I went with Goose Gear and complete removal of the rear seats. I have an F150 if I have to take other passengers. I like the Bronco as a 2 seater just for Me and GF and the DOG. All 103# of him.
Sponsored