First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice, very interested if you could build/send/deliver completed units. Maybe you could build ~8 or so and drive across country and deliver them?

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job - the little extra front cubby idea is ingenious.

Suggestion - consider running the box-to-bronco-mounting plywood as a strip down the entire depth of the bed so you can use all 4 tie-down bolts to better secure the box to the vehicle (and the box to the wooden mounting "plate."

Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Bronco Cargo Area Storage Platform w/ Drawers 1679767409163

Questions for off-roading:

Is there anything to stop the drawers from sliding open and banging into the tailgate on steep ascents? Looks like less than an inch of travel there, but just curious.

In the same vein, do you have a way to "lock down" the entire flip-up section so it doesn't flip up during steep descents or during unexpected immediate stops like in an accident? There's a lot of stored moment in that much weight and it might not want to stay put in an accident.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know there has been some pictures put up of other owners making a storage platform for their broncos. I did something a little different by including drawer storage that still allows access to the factory storage. I have some pictures below but also click the link for a video on my youtube page!

Thanks in advance for the support

Click the link!

Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Bronco Cargo Area Storage Platform w/ Drawers 1679767409163

What kind of plywood did you use?
I was just designing a camp kitchen box insert like this for the BRaptor yesterday. (Fold out countertop instead of drawers.)

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of plywood did you use?
I was just designing a camp kitchen box insert like this for the BRaptor yesterday. (Fold out countertop instead of drawers.)
I don’t know what Ace used, but I’d recommend Baltic Birch if you can find it.

OP
OP
Ace_0611

Ace_0611

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2DR Black Diamond ordered 3/7/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know what Ace used, but I’d recommend Baltic Birch if you can find it.
I used baltic birch! It is a harder wood and great quality. Plus it finishes nicely with 3 coats of poly.

Thanks again for the support!

OP
OP
Ace_0611

Ace_0611

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2DR Black Diamond ordered 3/7/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great job - the little extra front cubby idea is ingenious.

Suggestion - consider running the box-to-bronco-mounting plywood as a strip down the entire depth of the bed so you can use all 4 tie-down bolts to better secure the box to the vehicle (and the box to the wooden mounting "plate."

Questions for off-roading:

Is there anything to stop the drawers from sliding open and banging into the tailgate on steep ascents? Looks like less than an inch of travel there, but just curious.

In the same vein, do you have a way to "lock down" the entire flip-up section so it doesn't flip up during steep descents or during unexpected immediate stops like in an accident? There's a lot of stored moment in that much weight and it might not want to stay put in an accident.
I don't intend to be aggressively off-roading; however, your additions will definitely help sure the platform. The drawers have soft close so it takes some effort to open them. I have not had any trouble with the drawers opening up or even rattling while driving the vehicle. I also don't have a lock for the flip down feature, but once again that would be a great addition for aggressive off-roaders.

Again - thanks for the support and suggestions!

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very nice job, functional and utilitarian.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I used baltic birch! It is a harder wood and great quality. Plus it finishes nicely with 3 coats of poly.

Thanks again for the support!
I love the swing up access to the jack storage area. Great design thinking there!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the support! I may consider selling plans if it becomes a popular request. I'll keep you in mind!
Add me to the kit list. Nicely done. What helps lift it to get to the storage. What would you charge to build one for folks? Also will this fit the 4 door?

Last edited:

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there has been some pictures put up of other owners making a storage platform for their broncos. I did something a little different by including drawer storage that still allows access to the factory storage. I have some pictures below but also click the link for a video on my youtube page!

Thanks in advance for the support

Click the link!

I need this for my grandpups when they visit! Looks fantastic!

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 80lb Husky/German Sheppard and we have been using the platform for close to a month regularly. We have no issues at all with her or multiple dogs being in the back. I built it with 3/4" cabinet quality plywood because I knew it would be plenty strong. Hope that helps you out!
A buddy of mine had workers at his job bring in forklifts into the building,they laied down plywood so they didn't mess up the floor.
After the work was done he asks what do you do with the wood when done,we throw it away🙈
He calls me and asks if I want any ,it is the thickest ply I've ever seen like 1 1/4 thick thats what I used to do my seat delete.
Ford Bronco Custom 2-Door Bronco Cargo Area Storage Platform w/ Drawers 20220611_142217
Sponsored