First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve got the same issue. All other cameras working fine but front is just black. Nothing visibly appears wrong.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

Mdibiase99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I sent you a message with the requested information. Hoping you can help as my local dealership says they can't get me in to diagnose it until March 12th. A 5 month wait time seems ridiculous.

Sandomarobb

Wildtrak
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think you could look into it for me too? As others have reported, it started as an intermittent issue but progressively gotten worse. Front camera is black more often than it’s working.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been getting this intermittently. Seems to fix itself which makes me wonder if it’s a software issue.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you think you could look into it for me too? As others have reported, it started as an intermittent issue but progressively gotten worse. Front camera is black more often than it’s working.
Any Luck on this at all? I’m having the same issue.
I have been getting this intermittently. Seems to fix itself which makes me wonder if it’s a software issue.

It's not a software issue, nor is it a connector issue, it's something within the physical camera itself. Probably a loose PCB or solder joint, I haven't taken one apart to diagnose it. A new camera will resolve the issue, though it's a relatively expensive fix just to get an identical camera that might end up doing the same thing again. With any luck, your malfunctioning camera could've just been a bad manufacturing run and the replacement camera won't have the same issue, but it's still rolling the dice.

I've learned that tapping it with the handle of my knife or a screwdriver is more effective than slapping it. Had my wife sitting in the Bronco with the camera on, I'd tap it a few times on the edge of the lens and it would start working again. Occasionally the rear camera does the same thing, and I can just watch the screen while I tap the rear one until the feed pops back up again. It might only take two or three light taps, or it might take a dozen or more heavier taps before it starts working again. Give it a try the next time your camera goes black, just keep tapping on it until the camera comes back up. If it was a software issue, you wouldn't be able to get it functional again by tapping the camera. Just running and driving your Bronco will sometimes be enough to get that loose connection inside to stick, which is why the issue is intermittent. The worse that connection gets, the more often it'll lose feed, and it'll happen randomly (by randomly I mean only when you actually need it).

OxfordSas

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 4Dr badlands Sas Lux Leather soft top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the same issue with mine, started out very intermittent and now its the other way around, very rare for it to be working.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue. It is 100% a camera hardware issue. I took it in first time and they checked and tightened all connections, problem still there. They replaced the front camera once and then I had a front camera fault pop up on the dash. It took a second front camera module being replaced (all under warranty) to get one that actually worked. Haven't had an issue since 🤞.

WR1

Badlands
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Squach 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My front camera just went black today on a 23 2D BadSAS bought in Oct 23 :-(