First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have the 8 inch screen there’s a recall for it were they do a software update I still have to get it done supposebbly if you are in 4 low and reverse than go back to drive the image still stays on the screen
I have the 8 inch and yes the lag is horrible. Definitely had to watch as I took it to dealer because someone almost walked out behind me when screen had gone black in parking lot.
Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine does it rarely, but it has happened. I usually get out of reverse and back in it to get it to work.

OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm following another thread in hopes that someone figures out how to do the 12 screen swap. I had bigger screen in my f150 and is the one of the few things I miss tech wise. I heard 12 in screen is way more responsive.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get me started on the paint issues lol. That was a long drawn out process with my paint that still didn't end with the most desirable results.
Oh yeah theres plenty of little issues here and there on the paint but i'm trying not to be overly critical of stuff thats nearly impossible to see. The one that really gets me is the contaminated metal or solvent pop/boils, whatever happened that my paint is bubbled up on the bottom of the door and the rocker panel... pretty sure bare metal is exposed at the core of it... theres dirt in the paint on the tailgate which I was going to ignore but if i'm going to have stuff fixed, might as well get it all... Place I'm working with also most certainly does better work than factory.... sadly

OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh yeah theres plenty of little issues here and there on the paint but i'm trying not to be overly critical of stuff thats nearly impossible to see. The one that really gets me is the contaminated metal or solvent pop/boils, whatever happened that my paint is bubbled up on the bottom of the door and the rocker panel... pretty sure bare metal is exposed at the core of it... theres dirt in the paint on the tailgate which I was going to ignore but if i'm going to have stuff fixed, might as well get it all... Place I'm working with also most certainly does better work than factory.... sadly
I think I had a similar paint issue located in the same exact spot. No paint was present and looked like bubbled up clear coat. Unfortunately the dealer that was close to me had someone that didn't do the greatest job on the touch ups.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I had a similar paint issue located in the same exact spot. No paint was present and looked like bubbled up clear coat. Unfortunately the dealer that was close to me had someone that didn't do the greatest job on the touch ups.
Yeah I have paint... but its solidly jacked up.

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Its pretty impressive how they don't catch stuff that like...

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having the same issues with the camera and also not connecting to FordPass. Dealer replaced the control unit M2DZ-14F546-AAF and it now connects to FordPass but the camera still doesn’t work (see attached post repair picture) The dealer had the car for a week+ and they still didn’t fix the camera…with so many of these camera issues, the fix should be much more streamlined…now need to go back to the dealer again.
Ford Bronco REAR CAMERA OCCASIONALLY GOES BLACK ON SCREEN AND THEN COMES BACK ON IMG_2623

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine did it once and its worked fine after that, I have 12 inch screen and when it went black I still had the backup lines showing

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a F150 that did this when it got too hot. They ended up replacing the relay. My Bronco has done this, but only after it has been sitting out and its been really hot. When I crank it up, it does it, but after the first time it's fine. I am wondering if it's the same relay issue.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is doing it so far only when I put it in reverse. I got a video of it because you know the dealers “I can’t get it to replicate” so they don’t believe you.

OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is replacing the camera the only identified fix for this? My backup camera and Sync goes black intermittently when I start the car. When I am in a hurry and backing up, it is pretty dangerous. I have an 8 inch screen and the dealer said there is a software update only for the 12 inch screen.

Mookichuk

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recall on 21 Bronco replaced the camera (and updated software). Don't think it was specific to size of screen. Mine was swapped out and have no issues since.

Campaign/NHTSA#
23S48/23V598
Issue Date
2023-10-04
Description
Replace rear view camera
Safety Risk
The loss of the rear camera image, while in reverse, increases the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Parts are now available to repair your vehicle. Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace the rear view camera free of charge parts and labor.
Sponsored