Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any further update on the success of this solution?

I too have an intermittent front camera on an Outer Banks with the high package. Initially it only happened once a month or so, but now it’s finicky every single time I go to use the front camera.
Sorry for not updating. They replaced the camera and did the programming. It fixed the issue. I have not had a problem for the last 2 weeks since it was replaced. Have your dealer run a diagnostic and possibly replace the camera.
Sponsored

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ours is intermittent now.... Needs an oil change anyways.

OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ours is intermittent now.... Needs an oil change anyways.
Good luck. They should be able to run a diagnostics on it and hopefully it is just a loose connection or easy replace of the camera.

BTW - love your products. Thanks for all the great innovations.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry for not updating. They replaced the camera and did the programming. It fixed the issue. I have not had a problem for the last 2 weeks since it was replaced. Have your dealer run a diagnostic and possibly replace the camera.
How's the camera working for you at this point in time?
I've had the same problem since it was new, it just intermittently cuts out and comes back for no apparent reason. Traced the cable back looking for any loose connections, checked the cam, etc. I've been using the highly advanced technique of banging on the camera until it starts working again as a solution, but it's a temporary reprieve. I'd say it works about 80-90% of the time.

I'm hesitant to bring it in for a warranty fix as I installed a module that allows me to use the cameras at whatever speed I want, it was acting up for a year prior to this already but I'm sure the dealership is going to say that's the cause. It's a pretty involved installation, so if I could just replace a faulty camera on my own that would fix the issue, I wouldn't mind footing the bill.

OP
OP
Diamond_Dogs23

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How's the camera working for you at this point in time?
I've had the same problem since it was new, it just intermittently cuts out and comes back for no apparent reason. Traced the cable back looking for any loose connections, checked the cam, etc. I've been using the highly advanced technique of banging on the camera until it starts working again as a solution, but it's a temporary reprieve. I'd say it works about 80-90% of the time.

I'm hesitant to bring it in for a warranty fix as I installed a module that allows me to use the cameras at whatever speed I want, it was acting up for a year prior to this already but I'm sure the dealership is going to say that's the cause. It's a pretty involved installation, so if I could just replace a faulty camera on my own that would fix the issue, I wouldn't mind footing the bill.
I have not had an issue since they replaced the camera. It has been almost a year with no problems.

Sponsored

ElSuenoBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having the exact same issue. All cameras working except the front (void of darkness in front of me :). Have an oil change and service this week. Hopefully Ford can identify the issue.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having the exact same issue. All cameras working except the front (void of darkness in front of me :). Have an oil change and service this week. Hopefully Ford can identify the issue.
Just smack it a few times
It worked for me on many occasions
If it doesn't show, smack it again LOL

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Mystery

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not tried the smacking thing but I am also having this issue. I will add that to my playbook for when I am on the trails and it happens. For me It has been happening for several months and seems to be getting worse. A few weeks back I took it to the dealer when it had been consistently off for 2 weeks and of course when the dealer got it magically worked. They wrote it up as "could not replicate" and wouldn't do anything off of the pictures and videos I had provided them. When I came back to the dealer to pick it up that day and threw it in reverse it was back out. I left it running, put in park, and ran in to get a sales guy (service was gone for the day) to show him and it worked fine in front of him. Since then there have been a dozen or more times when it is off but I cannot figure out why it is so random. Has anyone figured out what the issue is? Hardware or software?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not tried the smacking thing but I am also having this issue. I will add that to my playbook for when I am on the trails and it happens. For me It has been happening for several months and seems to be getting worse. A few weeks back I took it to the dealer when it had been consistently off for 2 weeks and of course when the dealer got it magically worked. They wrote it up as "could not replicate" and wouldn't do anything off of the pictures and videos I had provided them. When I came back to the dealer to pick it up that day and threw it in reverse it was back out. I left it running, put in park, and ran in to get a sales guy (service was gone for the day) to show him and it worked fine in front of him. Since then there have been a dozen or more times when it is off but I cannot figure out why it is so random. Has anyone figured out what the issue is? Hardware or software?
Hardware, most likely. If I had to guess it's a loose connection or component on the IC board inside the sealed camera housing, as replacing the camera seems to address the issue as well as smacking the camera itself. If it was software, neither of those solutions would ameliorate the problem. It's happened on the other 360 cams as well, but those are exceedingly rare and fix themselves without having to break out the problem solver 👋

Honestly I much prefer the problems that can be solved with high impact physical violence than the ones requiring money or computer diagnostics, there's an innate sense of satisfaction after the fix, particularly when accompanied with a few choice words.

Mdibiase99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got the same issue. All other cameras working fine but front is just black. Nothing visibly appears wrong.

Mystery

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Ford dealership replaced my camera about a week ago and it seems to have fixed the issue. The next day I installed the winch with the DV8 camera relocation bracket and it is still working as expected.
Sponsored