First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As per the title do you guys have any idea what could be causing this issue. Usually happens when I back up into the garage. The camera will go to black screen for about 3 seconds or so and image will return on screen. Happens enough that it's getting annoying. No luck with dealer as I get the we can't replicate the issue response. Haven't been able to catch it on video as I'm driving and hard to recorded my dash and not run into something in the process. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Try turning on backup camera delay in settings?

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my back up camera does the same thing just right after start up

OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm trying to determine if it's a harness issue,camera, or image processing issue. Probably gonna a bite the bullet and attempt to repair myself as dealing with dealership is a lengthy process if it doesn't happen while they have it in shop. Don't really wanna keep driving back and forth and being without vehicle in hopes it presents the problem in front of them. If it's not a huge cost it's worth it to try. Just hoping someone has had a similar issue and could shed some light on what was replaced.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As per the title do you guys have any idea what could be causing this issue. Usually happens when I back up into the garage. The camera will go to black screen for about 3 seconds or so and image will return on screen. Happens enough that it's getting annoying. No luck with dealer as I get the we can't replicate the issue response. Haven't been able to catch it on video as I'm driving and hard to recorded my dash and not run into something in the process. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s camera concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update.....went to dealership this morning and guy bringing around the vehicle actually got it to replicate twice and was able to get a video of it. (Of course after I drove all the way to dealer after they had it for three days lol) Not sure what actions are gonna come of it as I'm not sure how to test components for something like that if it's not constantly repeatable, but hey are gonna keep it longer to try and figure out. Will update once I know what caused the issue so I can hopefully help anyone else that might have the same issue.

Mookichuk

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following as same thing just started happening to me a couple of weeks ago. Works intermittently. Unfortunately (?) worked when brought in to service to have checked. Frustrating knowing i'll have to schedule another service appointment not knowing if it will or will not be working on that hour of that day.

OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer called and said we are waiting on a reply from engineering as they didn't have a fix for it. I take it that means their computer can't say hey change this part lol. So once I hear back as to what they are gonna do after guidance from engineering I will update.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Following as same thing just started happening to me a couple of weeks ago. Works intermittently. Unfortunately (?) worked when brought in to service to have checked. Frustrating knowing i'll have to schedule another service appointment not knowing if it will or will not be working on that hour of that day.
Hi Chuck. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The badlands I had at the off roadeo did this too once in a while..... the nice thing about problems that seem common is that you have a better chance of Ford being able to figure it out in a timely manner... now if only my dealer can get my paint warranty claim approved since the QC guy (or gal) was blind when mine was built....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't get me started on the paint issues lol. That was a long drawn out process with my paint that still didn't end with the most desirable results.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has happened on mine several times, as well. It's still better than the camera recall on my Mustang that the dealer didn't fix, then marked as closed. (and caused me to file a complaint with the SC Dept. of Consumer Affairs)

Ford told me to work out the issue with the dealer, and was of no help.

JR

OP
OP
Phox

Phox

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer called and engineering recommended replacing the camera. Part should be in next week and I'll let you guys know if that does indeed fix the issue.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have the 8 inch screen there’s a recall for it were they do a software update I still have to get it done supposebbly if you are in 4 low and reverse than go back to drive the image still stays on the screen

Dirt Monkey Funk

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The radio lag at start up is frustrating. The rear camera lag is just plain dangerous.
I have less than 1500 miles on my Black Diamond.
Sponsored