First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I installed my Turn Offroad front camera relocation this past weekend but didn't need to use wiper fluid until tonight. After using the wipers, the wiper fluid continues to drain out of the front camera washer. After the entire reservoir drained out, I did the following:
  • Checked the service manual to see if there were any special instructions for replacing front camera washer lines (didn't see anything).
  • Removed the radiator shroud
  • Checked the washer connection at the top of the grille (disconnected and reconnected) which appeared to be fine.
  • Added zip ties where the new rubber hose sits over the 'nipple' of the connection on both ends of the line I ran to make sure there wasn't an air leak there.
  • Added some fluid and tested the washer in the garage with no leaks.
  • Buttoned everything up.
  • Went on a test drive, running the windshield washer a few times.
Once I got home, I am back to square one with the entire reservoir currently leaking out into a bucket.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be the cause?

Ford Bronco Front Camera Washer Leak PXL_20240501_030813943
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I installed my Turn Offroad front camera relocation this past weekend but didn't need to use wiper fluid until tonight. After using the wipers, the wiper fluid continues to drain out of the front camera washer. After the entire reservoir drained out, I did the following:
  • Checked the service manual to see if there were any special instructions for replacing front camera washer lines (didn't see anything).
  • Removed the radiator shroud
  • Checked the washer connection at the top of the grille (disconnected and reconnected) which appeared to be fine.
  • Added zip ties where the new rubber hose sits over the 'nipple' of the connection on both ends of the line I ran to make sure there wasn't an air leak there.
  • Added some fluid and tested the washer in the garage with no leaks.
  • Buttoned everything up.
  • Went on a test drive, running the windshield washer a few times.
Once I got home, I am back to square one with the entire reservoir currently leaking out into a bucket.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be the cause?

PXL_20240501_030813943.jpg
Hi Chris! I can look into your Bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possible syphoning due to lower mounting location? Maybe an issue with the pump letting fluid pass?

OP
OP
cgv

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I got it figured out. I'm dumb... was an installation issue on my end as I didn't reuse the check valve from the OEM tubing. Should have taken more time to understand the design of the washer system first I guess.

The video instructions (because there are no PDF instructions) never mentions the check valve, unless I missed it after watching it 10 times. Only thing the video mentioned was to re-use the elbow (piece that attaches to check valve), which I didn't think was necessary for my installation as I had plenty of clearance.

Hope someone else can learn from this in the future, LOL.
Sponsored