Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I Just installed my zone spacer, perch lift w/ UCA's on my 2021, non sasquatch, Black Diamond. After doing the work everything was fine and "tight", I took it for a test drive and nothing seemed out of place. the next day I brought it for an alignment and now my axle is tight left to right but if I wrap my hand around it and jerk it, I mean, push and pull front to back, I can make it rattle like a maraca šŸ˜‚ (for lack of a better term). Took it to ford and they stated, "there seems to be nothing wrong with the axle and there doesn't seem to be any safety concerns". Needless to say, that isn't making me feel more comfortable, seeing as the passengers side does not behave in the same manner. I am afraid that it is putting more stress on that axle side.

Does anyone have any insight? Also, where can I buy the left side axle only? I think my trim/non sasquatch has the 190 axles
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rattling like a maraca is not a good sign. You say perch collars were installed which requires the coil over to be removed from the truck...was the axle removed from the knuckle during this process? If not, the CV probably got over extended and came un-done.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Just installed my zone spacer, perch lift w/ UCA's on my 2021, non sasquatch, Black Diamond. After doing the work everything was fine and "tight", I took it for a test drive and nothing seemed out of place. the next day I brought it for an alignment and now my axle is tight left to right but if I wrap my hand around it and jerk it, I mean, push and pull front to back, I can make it rattle like a maraca šŸ˜‚ (for lack of a better term). Took it to ford and they stated, "there seems to be nothing wrong with the axle and there doesn't seem to be any safety concerns". Needless to say, that isn't making me feel more comfortable, seeing as the passengers side does not behave in the same manner. I am afraid that it is putting more stress on that axle side.

Does anyone have any insight? Also, where can I buy the left side axle only? I think my trim/non sasquatch has the 190 axles
Were the axles removed from the hubs when you did the work? Need last 8 of VIN to verify the correct axle part number.

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rattling like a maraca is not a good sign. You say perch collars were installed which requires the coil over to be removed from the truck...was the axle removed from the knuckle during this process? If not, the CV probably got over extended and came un-done.
Yeah
Yeah I removed the axle from knuckle seems that the joint nearest the engine seems to be the issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Left MB3Z-3A427-B
Right MB3Z-3A428-B
Said F it and aired on the side of caution. Hopefully I didnā€™t damage anything or donā€™t damage anything until then.

I am really surprise for gave me the everything is fine speech knowing full
itā€™s not.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post a video!

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Post a video!
not a bad a idea to give a visual, youā€™re right! Iā€™ll proba
Post a video!
[/QUOTE

not a bad idea, Iā€™ll probably have it uploaded within the hour. Started yesterday but got lazy when I realized I didnā€™t hit the record button.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Post a video!
Also and if I am recalling correctly, The boot didnā€™t look like that until after I took it to get aligned. The grease on it isnā€™t from the boot btw thatā€™s from the upper control arm. I over filled the UCA And grease landed on the axle.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also and if I am recalling correctly, The boot didnā€™t look like that until after I took it to get aligned. The grease on it isnā€™t from the boot btw thatā€™s from the upper control arm. I over filled the UCA And grease landed on the axle.

Thatā€™s no good! Not seated or wrong axle? @Snacktime and @BigMeatsBronco ??

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thatā€™s no good! Not seated or wrong axle? @Snacktime and @BigMeatsBronco ??
Itā€™s the axle that came with the vehicle (Dana m190) . I lifted the vehicle, put everything back together, everything was working fine until I brought for alignment. The morning after I noticed that something off, I went to the alignment shop and they stated everything was fine.

I then took it to ford and they stated everything was ok with the axle. Needless to say, I donā€™t believe either of these places, the new axle will get here today and once replaced I will have some peace of mind.

I will see if I can make rattle after still replace and post another video so that this thread can have some closure šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£.