Sponsored

Front end sag - new suspension recommendations?

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All— looking for advice: 2023 black diamond non SAS two door 2.7 automatic. I added a fabfours winch bumper and a 10k superwinch. Total weight for those two is 151 lbs

the original capable bumper weighed 44lbs so net add is 107 lbs

Currently my front wheel flare is 1.5 inches lower than the rear likely a result of the added 107lbs at least in part

I am looking to upgrade suspension to either 2.0 Hoss (SAS take off from a two or 4 door) OR go with a new set of bilsteins with my stock springs. I will also go to 34 or 35 inch tires on my stock steelies

any thoughts on the best way to go?
Sponsored

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why I haven't added a winch as of yet and I have the Hoss 2.0. I feel it will still sag even with that setup.

I would say to def go with something that has adjustability (budget dependent). Something on the more cost effective end would be a Eibach 2.0 front and rear kit. If you can go up and swing for something in a 2.5 like a King, ICON, Fox or Fabtech would be the ideal situation. You will also need some upper control arms going either route.

OP
OP

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the suggestions. I was hoping to stick with ford performance or SAS takeoffs so as not to void warranty (and to keep cost down!)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the Bilstein 5112's on Ford Performance, those get a lot of positive reviews and I know @Aonarch has recommended them for non-Sas for the price.

I also thought the normal rake was 1.5"? But I don't know for sure. I would guess that much weight would push the front down some. This is incidentally why I don't have a winch and would probably prefer a rear mounted winch if I can get the APG mount to work.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put some 4dr Sas springs up front and you'll gain most if not all that back. Can always throw in a small spacer for a little more.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look at the Bilstein 5112's on Ford Performance, those get a lot of positive reviews and I know @Aonarch has recommended them for non-Sas for the price.

I also thought the normal rake was 1.5"? But I don't know for sure. I would guess that much weight would push the front down some. This is incidentally why I don't have a winch and would probably prefer a rear mounted winch if I can get the APG mount to work.
6100s if you have Sasquatch.
6112s if you do not have Sasquatch.

Or use the Suspension menu and pick out heavier frame rate front springs and go with 6100s. That is next on my agenda to raise my front up.

:)

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are adding a heavy bumper and winch, you will have to change to a higher spring rate, shocks should be fine.
This is the main reason I went with the lightest solution
Ford Bronco Front end sag - new suspension recommendations? bronco6
I could find...

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most economical IMO would be some SAS take-offs w/ a spacer or perch collar up front to level it out.

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the suggestions. I was hoping to stick with ford performance or SAS takeoffs so as not to void warranty (and to keep cost down!)
Cost friendly option is Eibach's adjustable coilovers. And lifting it does not void any warranty. Ford in fact wants you to lift it which is why they imprinted "Lift Me Baby!" into the wheel well. ;)

Cheapest option would be to install a spacer lift on front only to accommodate the added weight. This wouldn't be ideal though if you are concerned about suspension performance.
But will work just fine, and again, no warranty issues. ✌

Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bilstein 6112s. Upgrade to 2.5" shock and level the ride back out. Good bang for the buck. What I did for my 2 door BadSas with ARB monster bumper and winch.

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello All— looking for advice: 2023 black diamond non SAS two door 2.7 automatic. I added a fabfours winch bumper and a 10k superwinch. Total weight for those two is 151 lbs

Currently my front wheel flare is 1.5 inches lower than the rear likely a result of the added 107lbs at least in part

I am looking to upgrade suspension to either 2.0 Hoss (SAS take off from a two or 4 door) OR go with a new set of bilsteins with my stock springs. I will also go to 34 or 35 inch tires on my stock steelies

6112s from jeepandtruckparts.com
You get a 2.6 shock that won't nose dive when breaking rides much better than the 2.0 hoss and can be raised a total of 2+ in front and rear. Six different height adjustments. I did the 6100s and got rid of my 2.0s and it was perfect for good lift and level. Keeping 35s for now. They also have Fox 2.5s if you want to pay the price. Shock Surplus reviews all options and 6100s on there website article.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may find you will require more than the SAS take offs.
Recommend the 6112s ...I am happy with them after adding a similar bumper and winch weight required an answer on mine. Am hanging on to my SAS take offs for back up parts- if I damage/abuse the new 6112s...will allow me a quick fix solution.

Last edited:

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
We just did the Bilstein 6100s on the front with Sasquatch Coils after installing a winch. Ride quality is still good. Great, cost effective lift. Another option is 4WP coilovers that actually cost less and have more adjustability.
Ford Bronco Front end sag - new suspension recommendations? IMG_20231227_162528213

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I am very happy with my Fox 2.5 Elites. If you are adding larger tires, you have the ability to lift your front end 3-4 inches without using spacers. The ability to adjust your high and low-speed control easily is a nice feature as well. Shock Surplus has some very informative comparisons on YouTube between many brands. There are many good options.

Scrappy9

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you located? I have Full set of SAS without the coils. Had 500 miles when I changed them.
Sponsored