Sponsored

Will leveling kit solve issue with front lower sag?

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No suspension experience whatsoever so bear with me:

Badlands/Sasquatch/2.7L/Brushbar +Winch.
Truck definitely sits low in front as you'd expect with the extra weight. I'm not big on doing things for cosmetic reasons but this does bother me a bit. Will a leveling kit solve the issue AND I've read in a few spots that you need to be careful with the impact a level can have on off-road performance and stress on other parts. I bought the vehicle to use it for what it's built for and I've had it offroad about a half dozen times and will continue to do so. I don't want to risk suspension stress/damage but it is the one cosmetic thing that's bugging me a bit. Would like to get a bit more of the aggressive stance back if possible (not in market for lift nor can I afford the cost right now....seen that leveling is pretty reasonable). Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, a leveling kit helps with the extra weight of a winch on the front. I have a RC 1" kit and with my winch, I'm at about the same height as stock. It's $60 and took a few hours to install.

1 Inch Leveling Kit | Ford Bronco 4WD (2021-2022) | Rough Country

The Eibach kit that other's mentioned is a great product (and I'm seriously considering it for my Bronco to fit 37's), BUT NOT A LEVELING KIT. OP asked about a leveling kit, not a $1700 after-market coil-over set.

This is what my Bronco looks like with the 1" RC leveling kit and my winch (hidden winch mount).
Ford Bronco Will leveling kit solve issue with front lower sag? 20220724_083018

Last edited:

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No suspension experience whatsoever so bear with me:

Badlands/Sasquatch/2.7L/Brushbar +Winch.
Truck definitely sits low in front as you'd expect with the extra weight. I'm not big on doing things for cosmetic reasons but this does bother me a bit. Will a leveling kit solve the issue AND I've read in a few spots that you need to be careful with the impact a level can have on off-road performance and stress on other parts. I bought the vehicle to use it for what it's built for and I've had it offroad about a half dozen times and will continue to do so. I don't want to risk suspension stress/damage but it is the one cosmetic thing that's bugging me a bit. Would like to get a bit more of the aggressive stance back if possible (not in market for lift nor can I afford the cost right now....seen that leveling is pretty reasonable). Thanks in advance.
Yes a leveling kit will help. It will still sag but with a taller front end, it'll probably sag to stock heights.

MolonLabe

Base
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If leveling kits are just being used return closer to stock height after winch/bumper sag, are the arguments for spacers causing geometry issues a moot point?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A leveling kit will raise the height of the Bronco, but it doesn't correct the problem with the suspension. The extra weight is too much for the factory springs. Spacers won't fix that. You have decreased up travel since the springs are compressed more at static weight. The only way to fix that is with higher spring rate. So I guess it depends on your goals as to whether a spacer will work for you or not.
Sponsored