Sponsored

Adding a front leveling kit to the rear?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carolina squat, hah! on the left coast, so of us call it carrying a dirty diaper.

I too want some rake at all times. I wondered, and asked if the tow package springs would give me a more set ride height in back.

as a backup choice, I thought about getting a set of perch collars and having them machined to my specifications.

https://svcoffroad.com/collections/ford-bronco-off-road-parts/products/2021-ford-bronco-coil-spacers
It is a thing and a NC state statute spells out the allowable differential between front and rear. I would have to look it up but is only 2-3 inches.

I have seen and followed trucks with about a full foot squat and winder how the drivers can see over their hood. They can't see "squat" and running over pedestrians or Fiat 500s is a danger
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just added the R.C. 1" leveling kit to my black diamond and it's sitting almost an inch higher in the front (with all 3 spacers in the front).

With that being said, I'd like to get the rear level with the front so I'm thinking of ordering another 1" R.C. leveling kit and throwing a spacer or two in the rear.

My Questions --

1) Has anyone tried this with any 1" leveling kit (s) ?

2) If Yes -- Should I add 1 or should I add 2 spacers to the rear ??

Thanks in advance for any help!
Because of how the rear suspension works you basically need the spacer to be exactly what the lift you're going for is. I'm thinking about redrill ing my lower strut mount a little higher like BigMeats did.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-2”-higher-more-clearance-and-2”-lift.31477/

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

GTS104

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr basemansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
I have the eibach pro lift springs over SAS struts. Manufacture says I have 1.6” of rear lift in addition to the 2.3” front lift (I think this was closer to less than 2” in the rear to be honest). Problem is I’m basically level now so the moment I put any weight in the rear I have the Carolina squat. Can I add a spring spacer to lift the rear ~1”? at what point would I need or know I need a adjustable track bar? Can I use any “leveling” spacer like readylift or fabtech designed for the front on the rear shocks? Pics for fun
overlanding gear was messing up my "Stance"
20240408_184309.jpg

I just did this to the rear and did not want to drop too much coin.. It added about 3/4 inch of lift to offset for weight squat. Originally ordered 1" composite spacer but decided against due to droop/ tension under articulation would destroy it. I ordered cheap kit from amazon.
Screenshot_20240413_223054_Amazon Shopping.jpg

you can get 1 spacer on each side with factory strut bolts which adds about 3/8 inch. pretty easy but wanted to stack 2 plates per side. It sucked because I needed to compress the spring and install longer bolts
50mm
20240413_144301.jpg

ground a side off the bolt to allow room to weld bolt to upper strut. Dont skip the weld or the bolt will freespin at some time in the future removal and there is no way to access under the coil bucket. Tech tip.. Run a nut on tight before you weld to keep the bolt true.
20240413_144938.jpg

use cut of wheel to flush the back of bolt with indent to clear rubber spacer
20240413_145849.jpg

20240413_160457.jpg

double up spacers and install using factory nuts and you got your squat handled without it looking jacked up if you go with a 1 or 1.5 spacer when unloaded.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$24? Seriously? Good Job.

Sponsored

Air Biscuit

Black Diamond
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just added the R.C. 1" leveling kit to my black diamond and it's sitting almost an inch higher in the front (with all 3 spacers in the front).

With that being said, I'd like to get the rear level with the front so I'm thinking of ordering another 1" R.C. leveling kit and throwing a spacer or two in the rear.

My Questions --

1) Has anyone tried this with any 1" leveling kit (s) ?

2) If Yes -- Should I add 1 or should I add 2 spacers to the rear ??

Thanks in advance for any help!
I did what you’re asking on mine. You’ll net the spacer thickness in the rear like others have mentioned (3/8” with both 3/16” spacers)
I have about 3/8” to 1/2” of rake on the truck with the 1” level kit upfront and 2 spacers in the rear from a separate kit.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just run with the squat... LOL