Sponsored

Adding a front leveling kit to the rear?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the eibach pro lift springs over SAS struts. Manufacture says I have 1.6” of rear lift in addition to the 2.3” front lift (I think this was closer to less than 2” in the rear to be honest). Problem is I’m basically level now so the moment I put any weight in the rear I have the Carolina squat. Can I add a spring spacer to lift the rear ~1”? at what point would I need or know I need a adjustable track bar? Can I use any “leveling” spacer like readylift or fabtech designed for the front on the rear shocks? Pics for fun

8B60BB08-0CAC-460B-84BE-2D517416C3B7.jpeg

CE39E409-E57D-4BF6-8F52-B107513BB980.jpeg

739F2DBB-0A4D-4BA7-9E05-CAFCEFD4EA81.jpeg
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the geometry on rear is different then front. Puck will be shaped different (angle).
Track bar you will know by looking (measuring) tire poke in rear. Should be pretty equal. I will be adding an adjustable track bar myself just to allow easy alignment. “They” say over 2 inches you consider track bar relocation bracket or adj track bar. I bought the eibach stage 2 coilovers for just your issue. I can adjust front or back in any direction.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, I bought Icons which are supposed to be good for 2" up front, but I kept the stock rears. I bought a spacer kit intending to use only the rear and all 4 spacers are identical. They measure at 1.5" tall.

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, I bought Icons which are supposed to be good for 2" up front, but I kept the stock rears. I bought a spacer kit intending to use only the rear and all 4 spacers are identical. They measure at 1.5" tall.
what kit is that and is it for SAS?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been wondering the same thing. These guys used the rough country leveling kit that comes with 3 separate spacers for the front. They put 2 on the front and 1 on the back.
I thought about doing all 3 in the front, and another kit for 2 in the back, and end up with just a 1” lift instead of a 1” level.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as the track bar, it depends, but it's probably a good idea to replace anyway if articulation is a concern. I went with the Icon bar with uniball mount and a relocation bracket as my bar was at a greater angle on flat ground than I wanted. It should be fairly horizontal when the bronco is level.

Before and after with relocation bracket.

Ford Bronco Adding a front leveling kit to the rear? FA3141D9-6E04-4D5B-9666-6CF6CA87F2BC
Ford Bronco Adding a front leveling kit to the rear? 411F8A11-F138-4A46-8396-6285FCFD7835

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.... Can I add a spring spacer to lift the rear ~1”? at what point would I need or know I need a adjustable track bar? ....
Yes adding a spacer on top of other types of lifts is acceptable, especially in the 1" range. For some damn reason most of your lift kits make the vehicle sit level, a look I personally do not like.

The point where you need an adjustable track bar is when the axle is shifted more than you like. I like my stuff symmetrical. Put the lifts you want to on and see if the axle is sitting more driver's side than you like, if so, time to spend more money :)

Note: having the rear axle shifted to one side is not going to hurt anything, or make the Bronco crab walk. Drive it like that till the new parts come in.

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in the same situation with the eibach springs. What did you end up doing?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been wondering the same thing. These guys used the rough country leveling kit that comes with 3 separate spacers for the front. They put 2 on the front and 1 on the back.
I thought about doing all 3 in the front, and another kit for 2 in the back, and end up with just a 1” lift instead of a 1” level.

Had the very same thought. Was thinking the full kit in the front and maybe just 1 or 2 of the parts in the rear. I'm a novice with this stuff but after seeing the video and given I had to remove SAS from my BL order, I need a little lift for the aftermarkets I will buy with my "savings".

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone figure this out? I’m in the same situation with the Eibach springs. HOSS 3.0. Like to add 1” to rear.

A-Bay-82

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just added the R.C. 1" leveling kit to my black diamond and it's sitting almost an inch higher in the front (with all 3 spacers in the front).

With that being said, I'd like to get the rear level with the front so I'm thinking of ordering another 1" R.C. leveling kit and throwing a spacer or two in the rear.

My Questions --

1) Has anyone tried this with any 1" leveling kit (s) ?

2) If Yes -- Should I add 1 or should I add 2 spacers to the rear ??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just added the R.C. 1" leveling kit to my black diamond and it's sitting almost an inch higher in the front (with all 3 spacers in the front).

With that being said, I'd like to get the rear level with the front so I'm thinking of ordering another 1" R.C. leveling kit and throwing a spacer or two in the rear.

My Questions --

1) Has anyone tried this with any 1" leveling kit (s) ?

2) If Yes -- Should I add 1 or should I add 2 spacers to the rear ??

Thanks in advance for any help!
More importantly, Did you add Grateful Fred emblems?