Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big Bend SaS

After added a Fab Fours stubby and Winch- I got an additional .5-.75" front sag. Total rake now is about 1.5". I'd like to raise up the front to be at about .5-.75"rake, and also bring the back up a bit, maybe an inch. That would essentially mean bringing the front up ~2" and Back ~1" from where it sits now.

My options I'm looking into
-Eibach Spring Replacements
-Billstein 6100's w/ SaS springs
-Rpg 2.25"/1" perch collar.

I currently like the ride as it is, just not necessarily the rake. I think all 3 of these would get me the lift, however the Eibach springs have been said to have a fair amount of dive, expecially with the heavier front end.

The Billsteins I also like, however the SaS billsteins are great andI'd be kinda sad to see them go.

The Perch collar seems like a good fit too, as I BELIEVE, that amount of perch may actually put the factory billsteins more into their best position for day to day driving.

I do use this off pavement, Rocks/ forest roads/ etc. Have and continue to plan on doing 1-2Jeep Badge trips each year ranking from 4-7 difficulty

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you want to keep the same ride, the 5100, 6100 or even a perch collar should work, just keep in mind you have an extra 100-150 lbs of weight on top of those stock springs so it could be a bit soft or wallowy.

I would also look into Old Man Emu medium springs which should be rated for the additional weight.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recommend 1.25 perch collars from wildhorses4x4. com. I had them and really miss the firmness they added with my heavy bumper and winch. I now have eibach springs and although I like the added height and nice ride they gave I absolutely hate the brake dive and body sway now. They suck compared to the ride quality that I had with the 1.25 perch collars and sasquatch springs.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want to keep the same ride, the 5100, 6100 or even a perch collar should work, just keep in mind you have an extra 100-150 lbs of weight on top of those stock springs so it could be a bit soft or wallowy.

I would also look into Old Man Emu medium springs which should be rated for the additional weight.
To use Old Man Emu springs you need to use their struts or you’ll need to remove the rubber isolator on the bottom of a Sasquatch strut so they’ll seat properly on the bottom perch.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get some spring wedges. Cheap easy install that should get your .75-1” back.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you didn't have this on your list but I used a 1" RC leveling kit to level my Bronco back out after I added my winch. Ended up looking just right and didn't change the feel really much at all. Cost and ease of installation was great too.

I will say I always knew it was going to be temporary until I upgraded coil-overs. I went with Eibach 2.0s and I really like them.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could remove the winch since you never use it anyway?

05-07-superduty-front-gallery-image-2.jpg

OP
OP
andersman02

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Bumper/winch Front End Sag- How to fix. 05-07-superduty-front-gallery-image-2
It does get used, and no way I'm doing some of the Types of trails Ihave done without one. I probably used it more than most people, not directly off road related...

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well then great idea, also go ahead and remove the air bags, you haven't used them yet have 'ya, just takin' up space I say.

Sponsored

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you loaded the bronco with all your gear and measure with you in it? My rake is also significant with a bumper and winch but rides level when ready for travel.

what I do lose is the ground clearance and want to get the heavy/heavy spring setup from EMU but they don’t have a sku for the 2 door and no eta.

Berggie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the Heavy springs and struts from old man emu with top spacer, brought sas back to ride height and no nose diving while braking.

Ford Bronco Bumper/winch Front End Sag- How to fix. 15346

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the Heavy springs and struts from old man emu with top spacer, brought sas back to ride height and no nose diving while braking.

Ford Bronco Bumper/winch Front End Sag- How to fix. 15346
So you put OME heavy on stock (SAS?) Struts without issue? And Why the need for the additional spacers?

Berggie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the OME struts and springs. I used the spacers because I am running 37's. So it ended up level with my 2 inch SAS lift.

OP
OP
andersman02

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OME springs require different struts. If I went that route I'd probably do 6100's

I was a bit confused today. With 1/2 tank of gas I measured my rake for shits. It's at about 2.25" measured again on different flat ground- the same.

Before I do anything, I'll recheck the rake before filling up, and after, as well as with a couple hundred lbs in the back, to compare.

Right now I'm leaning towards ~1.5" front perch or 6100's. Eibach springs are out. Really don't want to loose the SaS suspension though, as I am an OEM guy at heart.

My measurements will be the deciding factor I think. Not sure I'm crazy or what, but I wouldnt have thought 1/2 a tank of gas could add .75" of rake
Sponsored