Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer chose not to install my front license plate bracket even though the state requires it. Searching the internet for instructions on how to install it (which I never found) I saw all of these horrible photos of license plates covering up Bronco logos, folks trying to relocate it, etc. By feel I figured out where this was supposed to go. There were two markers where I was probably supposed to drill, but really this part of the bronco isn't even metal - it's just soft plastic painted to match the car.
Picsart_22-05-17_05-56-26-046.jpg

So, I simply screwed into it, without drilling, and the placement seems totally reasonable to me. Did they change something in 2022 here or is this just a side effect of the type of bumper that comes with the OBX? I installed it and didn't have any issue with the appearance - I also feel more comfortable whenever I see a police car.
I have an unused Built right plate holder for the plastic bumper. The idiots at my dealership installed plates despite having a note to not install them attached to my purchase order. Worked great. Wife didn't like it and it's her Bronco so off it came. Especially when I found out how much that piece was going to cost me to replace and paint.
This one, https://builtrightind.com/products/...-ford-bronco-2021-for-standard-plastic-bumper
Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m not putting my front plate on. Required in my state (VA), but police are typically directed to not pull people over for this and other minor vehicle compliance issues alone. It will be tacked on to any moving violation I’m stopped for… but I plan to just wing it and take the risk. Worse thing that happens is a small fine.

My dealer says (lol, that phrase again) that many buyers are avoiding the front plate altogether, and they don’t install the OEM bracket unless requested.
You'll have to put it on for every inspection. I am glad they dropped the trivial ticket crap in VA. About the only citizen friendly law they've passed in decades. Yay Youngkin

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll have to put it on for every inspection. I am glad they dropped the trivial ticket crap in VA. About the only citizen friendly law they've passed in decades. Yay Youngkin
My dealer has been happy, twice, to put a sticker on without a plate. In fact, I chatted with the manager about it, and they said they rarely put plate brackets on any of the Broncos they sell, because nobody wants one.

Having said all of that, I did pop the front plate on with very strong magnets, easily removable when I want with no trace, but sting enough for the car wash. (I think I was just bored and wanted to see if magnets would work.)

As for the law, the police and courts here in the Shenandoah Valley are very friendly and practical. They don’t hassle anyone that doesn’t need hassling.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer has been happy, twice, to put a sticker on without a plate. In fact, I chatted with the manager about it, and they said they rarely put plate brackets on any of the Broncos they sell, because nobody wants one.

Having said all of that, I did pop the front plate on with very strong magnets, easily removable when I want with no trace, but sting enough for the car wash. (I think I was just bored and wanted to see if magnets would work.)

As for the law, the police and courts here in the Shenandoah Valley are very friendly and practical. They don’t hassle anyone that doesn’t need hassling.
You sir, are a lucky man. I, unfortunately, live in Tidewater VA where the stomping of government boots is far heavier.