Sponsored

Frustration with Ford Compounded by Ford [allocation numbers are now confidential]

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger - Please validate that allocation numbers are now confidential from FoMoCo with penalties for disclosure.

It's frustrating waiting on the new Bronco, but we had reservations in 2021 to wait in line.
MY22 saw the removal of the true reservation system in favor of allocations based mostly on dealer sales.

That was frustrating enough... now customers waiting at smaller dealerships are forced to wait longer to Ford's allocation-based decision.

To compound this frustration - as I learned today - FoMoCo has embargoed ALL allocation information from dealers to the customers. We can no longer estimate our wait times (sans commodity constraints) based on dealership allocations. The FoMoCo punishment for disclosure is LOSS OF ALL ALLOCATIONs for offending dealerships.

This is really frustrating to me having hand-tied dealerships from communication with customers. Good dealerships that have had good, open communication for the entire process are now suddenly just like all the crappy asshat dealers we hate dealing with. It's FoMoCo that's promoting BAD customer relationships and it's FoMoCo that's getting in the way this time.

I have a daily driver that's 250k+ miles and not much longer to go before needing replacement. I shopped and selected my replacement already. I was keeping a close eye on my reservation and dealer allocation to have a clear understanding of expectations. Now, I'm totally blind and have no idea what/when to expect anything.

As a stock holder in F, I'm dismayed at this decision to cut customers out of the loop on a reserved product with estimations and delivery potential. FoMoCo IS driving the dealership culture and IS responsible for how the customer is being treated. The "dealership is independent" argument from FoMoCo is losing validation based on corporate control of the message.
This is insane. Ford promotes poor communication and continues to give more advantages to bad dealers that mistreat and abuse the end customer?

Ford is not our friend, guys. Time to buy something else.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps we all get some insight as to why Lee Iacocca wanted to pound them into the dirt and he started taking over Chrysler. If I didn't have my Bronco so close...

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry I've been MIA. I've been out sick and we've been busy. So I'm just now catching up. Our remaining allocation is on the lower end of our anticipated allocation. Idk how much of a difference our increased sales and ramp up of Bronco sport sales will make, but we'll continue to try.
Do you sell to a lot of folks from the Twin Cities?

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you sell to a lot of folks from the Twin Cities?
We have sold a handful up to Minnesota for sure. I know it's been a mix nationwide so it's hard to tell where exactly our total mix comes from.

Reactions: LCW

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No matter how you look at it the 2Dr’s are going to get the short end every time.
2-Door is the second biggest constraint. Only 17% of Broncos being built through March are 2 door. Only thing harder to get is the paint protection film at only 2%.

So between the allocation crap that @Ford pulled for 2022, and the very low build rate for the 2-door, my guess it will be more than 2 years since my reservation before I get a Build Date. Yes, my dealer is getting 4 door lower end soft top Broncos quickly, not what I want.

I sure wish @Ford Motor Company would make reservation holders some what of a Priority. Worst new vehicle roll out ever.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger - Please validate that allocation numbers are now confidential from FoMoCo with penalties for disclosure.

It's frustrating waiting on the new Bronco, but we had reservations in 2021 to wait in line.
MY22 saw the removal of the true reservation system in favor of allocations based mostly on dealer sales.

That was frustrating enough... now customers waiting at smaller dealerships are forced to wait longer to Ford's allocation-based decision.

To compound this frustration - as I learned today - FoMoCo has embargoed ALL allocation information from dealers to the customers. We can no longer estimate our wait times (sans commodity constraints) based on dealership allocations. The FoMoCo punishment for disclosure is LOSS OF ALL ALLOCATIONs for offending dealerships.

This is really frustrating to me having hand-tied dealerships from communication with customers. Good dealerships that have had good, open communication for the entire process are now suddenly just like all the crappy asshat dealers we hate dealing with. It's FoMoCo that's promoting BAD customer relationships and it's FoMoCo that's getting in the way this time.

I have a daily driver that's 250k+ miles and not much longer to go before needing replacement. I shopped and selected my replacement already. I was keeping a close eye on my reservation and dealer allocation to have a clear understanding of expectations. Now, I'm totally blind and have no idea what/when to expect anything.

As a stock holder in F, I'm dismayed at this decision to cut customers out of the loop on a reserved product with estimations and delivery potential. FoMoCo IS driving the dealership culture and IS responsible for how the customer is being treated. The "dealership is independent" argument from FoMoCo is losing validation based on corporate control of the message.
…and @Ford Motor Company @mrlevine, as we Can’t really change dealers, early reservation holders are royally screwed over.
Sponsored