First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to try non ethonol fuel but couldn't find any in Vegas except for Rebel Race fuel.
Sponsored

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm over here like does anybody even consider tire pressure? Forgive me, I didn't read all the replies. Yes tires. Especially a change in going from one region to the next and a temperature drop.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm over here like does anybody even consider tire pressure? Forgive me, I didn't read all the replies. Yes tires. Especially a change in going from one region to the next and a temperature drop.
Temp change from different regions shouldn't be that significant in regards to pressure. I've never left my area and and averaging around 16.8 mpg in my normal driving. Normally I'm mid to high 18s, tires are all 38 psi.

My vote is higher ethanol blend.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes disconnecting the battery and reconnecting forces the Bronco brain to recalibrate if it’s stuck in a high load high consumption configuration.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little followup on my poor milage. After 3 fill up's with lousy gas milage I filled up a couple days ago with the wish 'O' meter at 17.1 mpg and hand calc 15.4 I was pretty bummed. I always reset my trip meter every tank. As soon as I left the station I knew it was different, the mpg rapidly went up and within a few miles it was at 20 mpg like it had been the first 5 months. It's now between 20 and 21 mpg around town. Haven't tried the highway yet. I have no idea what is different.
Your Bronco reported back to the mothership that it had become gluttonous and mother Ford sent back a strict diet reconfiguration, all whilst you were sleeping. 🐎 🧠 🤖

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2022 2.3 10 Speed 2 door Bronco's milage has suddenly dropped. After driving almost 3000 miles with my Bronco getting 19/20 around town and 21/22 highway it has suddenly dropped on the last 3 fillups. It struggles to get 16 around town and 18 highway. My estimated range per tank went from around 320 to 280. I put Ranger Sport wheels and tires on but the size difference is negligible. Maybe it's the AC because of summer but that seems excessive.
Any thoughts?
AC

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m gonna say OTA update. Had a window that was acting up for a few days and was planning to take it in to get recalibrated… before I could do so, wham, it happened overnight. Also, my first 900 miles was showing around 11 mpg… then, wham, overnight it went to almost 19. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 0ne

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible you were filling up with E15 (15% ethanol) for those tanks and are back to E10 or possibly E0 (straight gasoline). Ethanol in the blend will have an impact on fuel economy. E10 will get about 5% lower economy than E0. E15 would be even worse.
Ethanol is a commie plot.

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

base 2dr, 2.3L, 7spd manual, had it just over a week. 952 miles on it so far and I've averaged 25.x mpg. mix of city, highway (including northern VA/DC rush hour traffic) with A/C on. Each fill up shows 425+ miles to E (87 octane fuel)

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The distance to "E" is a rolling average. It will change with your MPG. Running 80 in the mountains killed your average. Over time in your normal driving conditions it will gradually come back.

In my Raptor if I do mostly in town driving I get in the 14-15mpg and a distance to "E" at 500 miles. If I fill up and hit the highway where i get 18-20mpg my distance to "E" will actually increase as I am driving.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is same fuel and same station. Hand calc shows the drop also.
It happened after a trip to Utah from Vegas. I saw lower milage during the trip but it was mountain driving 80 mph speed limits with the roof rack loaded and a brutal headwind on the way home. Next fill up gave 280 mile range (I'm assuming it averaged the previous tank) and the wish O meter never seemed to return to previous milage. I used to jump on the freeway and the milage would just climb right up. Now it takes the whole tank to struggle to 18 mpg with highway driving. Right now this tank all city is barely getting to 15.
Have you tried premium Tier one fuel? My closest station in my small village is my usual stop and I can hit a Chevron and fill up with the good stuff and within a half tank my vehicles run better and get better mileage. There is a difference in gasoline, just like bourbon or beer....you get what you pay for.
Paul

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bet it's because of Ethanol.

Spring it will change back.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine changed too. Same drop from 18mpg to barely 16mpg.
2.3L, 7spd, badlands, nonsquatch, moredoor, premium fuel mostly Costco, stock 33 KO2 tires.
The biggest change is I had my undercarriage FluidFilmed. Maybe?
Sponsored