Sponsored

Has anyone dropped the tank on a 4 door yet?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just looking for some info on how difficult this process may be. I have to do it to install the sliders I purchased, and I've never done it before on any vehicle. Anyone had to do this yet that can provide pointers?
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone dropped the track on a 4 door yet?

What the heck is a track?

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone dropped the track on a 4 door yet?

What the heck is a track?
It's the autocorrect version of tank on my phone I guess. Lol. Corrected.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're saying the fuel tank is in the way to install sliders?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looking for some info on how difficult this process may be. I have to do it to install the sliders I purchased, and I've never done it before on any vehicle. Anyone had to do this yet that can provide pointers?
JcrOffroad drops the tank a few inches to install their new aftermarket skid plate. I think you'll find the video showing the installation informative.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We've done it multiple times at ICON, as it's required when installing rear suspension links. The process isn't too hard, just a pain in the ass. If you want to see some pics and steps for the process, here's a link to download the PDF instructions.

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you're saying the fuel tank is in the way to install sliders?
Yep, in a roundabout way. For the Shrockworks ones, you need to remove the control arm bolt and get access to the frame right under where the arm mounts and also the back side of the frame in that location.
Ford Bronco Has anyone dropped the tank on a 4 door yet? D479023E-6E0F-42AA-B6BF-3CDF11DF5FB7

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I only say this because it will make a huge difference in the effort: Run the tank as low as practical before you begin your adventure.

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've done it multiple times at ICON, as it's required when installing rear suspension links. The process isn't too hard, just a pain in the ass. If you want to see some pics and steps for the process, here's a link to download the PDF instructions.
Do you think it's even possible if you are doing it on the ground in a garage? Or potentially be able to drop it far enough to get the bolt out, etc without disconnecting and dropping the tank entirely?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think it's even possible if you are doing it on the ground in a garage? Or potentially be able to drop it far enough to get the bolt out, etc without disconnecting and dropping the tank entirely?
Of course its possible. But depending on your tire size and lift, you may need to lift the vehicle a bit. Make sure to set it down with the tires on sturdy blocks or jack stands under the axle. Don't ever work underneath a vehicle that is being held up only by the jack.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan to drop mine when I have both sliders and upper rear arms on my 2 door. Any issues specific to the two door? Smaller tank, but also less room under there.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan to drop mine when I have both sliders and upper rear arms on my 2 door. Any issues specific to the two door? Smaller tank, but also less room under there.
No it's pretty much the same procedure.
Sponsored