• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Arkansas Fuel tank skid plate - 4-door OEM. New with hardware.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought the 4-door skid plate set so I could sell this and use the other 3 plates. Heavy and large so no shipping but might bring it to Townsend if it doesn't sell locally. $400 in
Ford Bronco Fuel tank skid plate - 4-door OEM. New with hardware. PXL_20220209_175103314
Maumelle, AR.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought the 4-door skid plate set so I could sell this and use the other 3 plates. Heavy and large so no shipping but might bring it to Townsend if it doesn't sell locally. $400 in
Ford Bronco Fuel tank skid plate - 4-door OEM. New with hardware. PXL_20220209_175103314
Maumelle, AR.
I still have this so feel free to make an offer.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd also post it in the Arkansas thread. I doubt many people see it here. Which models don't come with that skid?

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd also post it in the Arkansas thread. I doubt many people see it here. Which models don't come with that skid?
I don't know where to look that up but I got the feeling only upper trims got fuel skids on the 4-door so I assume at least the base 4-doors do not have them. After watching Loren Healy pivot his 4-door with 37's on the OEM tank skid doing the Rubicon, I'd say they're stout enough for most uses and also necessary given how low that tank seems to hang relative to the breakover angle of the 4-door.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know where to look that up but I got the feeling only upper trims got fuel skids on the 4-door so I assume at least the base 4-doors do not have them. After watching Loren Healy pivot his 4-door with 37's on the OEM tank skid doing the Rubicon, I'd say they're stout enough for most uses and also necessary given how low that tank seems to hang relative to the breakover angle of the 4-door.
You saved my life over on the Curt wiring thread, so here's my skid questions for you:

I'm considering adding skids to my 2 dr BB. I didn't realize the engine front diff skid was plastic for a couple days! Are you happy with the Ford skid package? Have you thought of a transmission solution? (I'm worried I may roll a rock or pop a branch up into that plastic pan) Transmission solutions I've seen hang down lower than needed. Are you using the steal front skid from Ford with your standard bumper? I'm Ok with the plastic front since there's nothing important hanging down up there with the 2.3

Sponsored
OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You saved my life over on the Curt wiring thread, so here's my skid questions for you:

I'm considering adding skids to my 2 dr BB. I didn't realize the engine front diff skid was plastic for a couple days! Are you happy with the Ford skid package? Have you thought of a transmission solution? (I'm worried I may roll a rock or pop a branch up into that plastic pan) Transmission solutions I've seen hang down lower than needed. Are you using the steal front skid from Ford with your standard bumper? I'm Ok with the plastic front since there's nothing important hanging down up there with the 2.3
I haven't tested them yet but they seem beefy enough for occasional rock crawling. If I bend or dent them I will hammer them flat, reinforce them, then touch up the paint. Yes, for now I have the stock plastic bumper. I put some pics and info here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...et-on-a-base-2-door-with-plastic-bumper.36771

While you don't have the oil cooler to worry about with the 2.3, I assume you still have the intercooler that almost touches the front skid plate so that could be a concern with the plastic skid plate if you hit something taller on the highway.

I'm going to see what I can cook up for the transmission area. Unfortunately, Ford left the crossmember braces hanging really low which complicates making a nice smooth skid there.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't tested them yet but they seem beefy enough for occasional rock crawling. If I bend or dent them I will hammer them flat, reinforce them, then touch up the paint. Yes, for now I have the stock plastic bumper. I put some pics and info here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...et-on-a-base-2-door-with-plastic-bumper.36771

While you don't have the oil cooler to worry about with the 2.3, I assume you still have the intercooler that almost touches the front skid plate so that could be a concern with the plastic skid plate if you hit something taller on the highway.

I'm going to see what I can cook up for the transmission area. Unfortunately, Ford left the crossmember braces hanging really low which complicates making a nice smooth skid there.
I think the intercooler will be OK tucked behind the bumper, and the 2.3 doesn't have those angle brace to the frame so a trans solution may be easier. Thanks for the link, great pics.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX does not have a skid plate over the tank. Just for reference.

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the base doesn't have them, I'll buy it off you. But I gotta wait til mine comes in (it's "en route") to tell if I need it. But I sure want one if mine doesn't have one.
Sponsored