Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone have recommendations for a full car cover to put over my Bronco when on extended trips to protect the finish against outdoor environment.

Just recently came back from an extended trip and my Bronco which was outdoors was covered with leaves and seeds from maple trees in the area. Particularly on the hood and the the plastic covered vented area in front of the windshield. The leaves having gotten wet and sat there for some time left some marks in the finish and as I tried to get them off the seeds seemed to be possessed by the devil and kept getting thru the slots in the plastic vent cover.
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just be aware that the slightest bit of even dust on the paint will act like sand paper if you have a cover on it outdoors with wind. You will get micro scratches everywhere.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cover Craft is one of the major players in the classic car community, they have superb options for different "ranges" of both indoor or outdoor coverage.

Personally I have 2 of their covers for my '51 Fleetline and '61 Thunderbird so that they can be protected either in the garage or outside if I need the extra garage space for projects. If I was getting another car cover, I would definately go with Cover Craft again.

No, they aren't the cheapest, but what is another $200 over a cheap made in China cover when you have to spend half a day cleaning up, or the cheap material causes paint marring/damage? I consider it a cheap investment into the long term protection of my vehicle while in storage.

https://www.covercraft.com/

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
just be aware that the slightest bit of even dust on the paint will act like sand paper if you have a cover on it outdoors with wind. You will get micro scratches everywhere.
Perhaps in the past this altruism was true, and probably true today when you buy a cheap "one size fits all" generic made-in-china vinyl cover, but it is not true in all cases anymore.

And it is best practices to thoroughly wash the car first. But Cover Craft has done by me very well with my T-bird that has sat outside covered for about 2 years out of the last 10. No paint issues and we have significant rain/wind here in Seattle. The "perfect fit" barely moves and doesn't slide around on the body.

It's all about getting a high quality material AND company that makes a great fitting car cover.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base