Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have heard that there is more wind buffeting with that unit on the front of the hood. Is that true or is there no difference in wind noise?
It actually helped with the wind noise that I had. The only time I notice wind noise is when there is a headwind, but for all intents and purposes I AM driving a brick. :)

Every single rear cupholder is hot garbage. IAG, Mabett, or the other random no-name from amazon.. They are all awful for the same reason and I have tried them all. They don't stay attached to the car very well. The manufacturers all focused on making them removable, but none of them have any kind of locking mechanism to actually keep them in place. Accelerate too hard with them loaded with drinks and they will all fall off of their mounts. My kids kick them over constantly. The Mabett comes closest to being good, and would be perfect if they had designed it to push straight down instead of engaging into a 45 degree angled rail thingy.
YES!!! Agreed. I have also thought that a design that would slide into the seat or clip into the anchors would be nice too. I have thought about trying to flatten the metal base bracket of the IAG I have and seeing if it would be less terrible in a different place.

Scott M

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Black Diamond, '99 BMW M3, '88 BMW 325i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How about the Ford slide-out cargo gizmo that claims to let you stretch out for sleeping in the Bronco or sitting on it, like a tailgate? We looked long and hard at adding one while doing the "Build and Price" at the dealer's. I thought it would be like sitting on the tailgate, enjoying the view, and having a cold one as we do on my truck. The wife objected that it was not solid enough to be functional and was overpriced, which I agreed with, and we decided against it. Did we do the right thing? Does anybody have one who likes it?
Bought our Bronco off the lot and it came with the slide out tailgate. I would have never ordered it with one and didn't think we would ever use it. But it is actually very useful and we use it all the time. It's just handy to have a flat surface to set things on when out on the trail. Whether eating lunch or pulling out gear or setting up the air compressor. It's also sturdy enough to sit on and doesn't noticeably take up any space. Plus you can still access the storage area underneath when the slider is out.

I don't think it's worth $1,300 however!
Bronco 2021-2024 Slideout Tailgate | Accessories.Ford.com

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I miscoubted. It came without a sub , so maybe that is the 7th speaker.
6 speakers plus sub, same as mine (2023 BL with High pkg). "Sub delete" results in "fake" sub amp and subwoofer (like in my '23 BL High pkg).

Sponsored

MarioAtl

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rough Country Hidden Winch 2.7

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bull bar for plastic front bumper: nope.
Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) 1713928514029-z6

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are a few that I have a love/hate or hate/hate view of:
Husky rear floor mat - It is molded about 1-2" higher than the hump in the floor so it just collects dirt underneath that area. The designer/engineer sent a new mat, but it has the same issue. BUT I love the extended coverage over the door sill that Husky offers over the OEM mat. Definitely needs more refinement
IAG rear cup holder - they sent a replacement magnet totally unprovoked/unrequested (which was nice - have always had great service from them) but the metal bracket does not work to secure the cupholder down with ANY type of floor mat installed. And having it down on the floor just doesn't work for daily life with my family/two kids.
I second the IAG Rear Cup Holder... it just keeps the water bottles together (for a second or two) as they slide around the back floor board....

Has anyone tried the Mabett Rear Cup Holder?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
No regrets yet, and I like my script Bronco (although this one is factory)
Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) 1713928514029-z6
Now THAT is classy! That’s factory?? I love that look

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone bought these? I was wondering if they actually stayed attached. I don’t like the big colors but the carbon looks pretty good.

I have them on my BL. No issues whatsoever, and the Matte finish doesn't look out of place. Suggest that you clean very well the surfaces and make sure that it's warm outside (70'sh degrees or more) before install. That will help the adhesive to stick and cure.

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bull bar for plastic front bumper: nope.
I have never understood the appeal of these. I have never seen one that looks like it fits the vehicle it's designed for.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How about the Ford slide-out cargo gizmo that claims to let you stretch out for sleeping in the Bronco or sitting on it, like a tailgate? We looked long and hard at adding one while doing the "Build and Price" at the dealer's. I thought it would be like sitting on the tailgate, enjoying the view, and having a cold one as we do on my truck. The wife objected that it was not solid enough to be functional and was overpriced, which I agreed with, and we decided against it. Did we do the right thing? Does anybody have one who likes it?
Umm…it is great. Probably accessory I use the most. Great for sitting in, standing on and when camping use to it to slide stuff onto when need to move things around and grab something g out of a bag. Pairs well with tailgate table and levels
Floor for use with my DeepSleep mats.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Larry, thanks! We do not have dogs, but if you can stand on one without issues, it should be stable enough to sit on and drink iced tea after hiking. We can always add one later...
I believe Ford says weight limit is 600. I stand on mine all the time to access the roof rack for mounting stuff. I guess two full size adults are safe to stand or sit on it same time. That is what it is made to be used for. Lol

Last edited:

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an accessory I never put on I as decided I did not need it, so don't like it as I wasted money. Personalized badges to replace your OEM fender trim badges. Before they arrived I took of my BD fender badges. Decided I liked the clean look so well I left it clean. I must be the only one as all I see are OEM or aftermarket fender badges in pics on here.
I removed the BL fender badges and dealer sticker from the gate the minute I got home. I like the clean look, also.
Sponsored