Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am trying to determine if a "near disastrous taco incident" means that you almost got hit by a Tacoma or spilled chili sauce on your shoes.
Nothing to do with a Toyota :cwl:

We were tooling around near Saguaro lake one evening and stopped to watch sunset and eat the dinner we packed. Wife took the taco meat out of the hot bag and set it on the hood as I was setting up the little foldable camp table. It suddenly started sliding forward as I was parked a bit node down. Thankfully, I caught it before it ended up on the ground. The Bronco was not without risk as it was sliding forward, so there would have been taco meat on the grill and bumper, rather than in our bellies as nature intended! Good thing I caught it as my daughter was pretty hangry by then (OK, we all were)

So, the tailgate table helps that quite a bit - and now I try to find a more level parking spot to eat at!
Sponsored

SoonerNatx

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4d 2.7 MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking about door sill guards. Except for the "no step" guards If you get black, carbon fiber, etc, they almost say "step here." Which means they'll wear faster.

Clear (PPF) guards won't be as noticeable, so concentious passengers will step over the sill instead of on it. Therefore they should last longer.

I have the IAG V2 EZ-Steps which I really like. They make it easy to step over the sill. Still not sure I need the guards. But better have then and not need them than otherwise.
I got this over a year ago and still holding up great.

https://www.amazon.com/XPEL-Black-Universal-Guard-Protection/dp/B003EP52I8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1Z1NH21FO5EPA&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.2bhRBtV1DpmAqRuSNC779naig1rvzmoyEvXdbjBa9T84JBDGZ5JxEOmjHTJ_aNwlbjc91d8RzMFdOS24oAshL0mSlq6sArjAd_90ZUodifkywYt_-AcuA-lBNj51Gq8waLl2REqF5oD2k68TfAsAO0AD9kOyvPz09pmzN_kZgvgisYdpxgr75HafJ5DnqQiHsF8KL0KIWgAAC1hXGXqILw2RTWBw-2tjqa6Zs9tqHMT1qcV_Qt9A9rDWVdyu7yE02BZjsgU7SoO8JdT5Dw33S9XLDf7PR8wasN-0mC4wADM.t88JA78wMswvu1w47wTcIO5vw3CJ_RBKEOsQf0DCT4c&dib_tag=se&keywords=xpel+door+sill+guard&qid=1714159032&sprefix=xpel+door+,aps,123&sr=8-1&th=1

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed my AC Fab manual swaybar disconnects. I tried hard to lube the heims (sp) but they made so much noise and kept coming loose so often I couldn’t solve the problem. Neighbor had them too, but he has a different revision which is mechanically / physically different than mine. I’ve written to AC Fab several times to see if I could”upgrade” to this newer version but never got a response. Someone, here on this forum, was able to reach AC Fab and was offered the newer version for +$50.
Between the noise, constant servicing, and lack of support mine are in garage now.
I was looking on here for a post about the AC Fab disconnects as they're the only thing I've added that's been a total failure. They just didn't live up to real-world usage and were doing nothing but making noise by the time I finally took them off. Instead of re-installing the stock links, I added the walker sway-links and so far they are working great after a couple of weekend offroad trips and a few thousand pavement miles.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For my original Bronco I bought one of those Ford accessory Molle Panels for the tailgate. Mostly because I don't like the interior look of the tailgate. Found it pretty much useless. The clips didn't fit quite right and the cheapo adhesive wouldn't stay stuck. It for sure isn't up to holding anything more than a couple of pounds. Not making that mistake again.
Agree with this, but the bags were OK. I installed new panel but kept the bags.

IMG_8041.jpeg

IMG_7982.jpeg

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Agree with this, but the bags were OK. I installed new panel but kept the bags.

Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) IMG_7982

Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) IMG_7982
Yeah, the Ford one or any soft one does not impress. I have order a steel Molle Panel and will ad a First Aid kit, E=Collar Bag, etc..pretty much mix and match what I need.

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And how did you do that so that they turn on when you start? Inquiring minds want to copy this....

Mine are hooked up to an AUX switch. I mean I guess I could just turn that on when I shut it down and then they would come on when I started up..... Seems a pain to have to remember to turn them on and off.

Would be great if there was a way to have them come on when the truck is parked and off when you put it in drive (illegal to operate them when driving in my state) and then ALSO be able to force them on with the AUX switch when driving. Sure would be nice if there were some programmable outputs somewhere that we could tap into.

I'd also like to have a master AUX switch that kills all my accessory lights at once. Driving in the north woods at night through MN and WI I use them to look for deer on lonely roads. However it's a PITA to flip three switches when I see the occasional oncoming car.
On my wildtrak I used two relays. One for the aux switch (so when it's on, it flips the relay and sends power to the rock lights) and the other connected to a wire that feeds the puddle/curtesy lights under the mirror.. so whenever those come on the rock lights come on.

End result is that whenever I unlock it, or open the door the rock lights come on (as well as those puddle lights).

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oil Plug from Orielly's Auto Parts. Slowly dripped oil all over the backside of my skid plate.

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On my wildtrak I used two relays. One for the aux switch (so when it's on, it flips the relay and sends power to the rock lights) and the other connected to a wire that feeds the puddle/curtesy lights under the mirror.. so whenever those come on the rock lights come on.

End result is that whenever I unlock it, or open the door the rock lights come on (as well as those puddle lights).
I figured it would be something like that. Just hadn't thought it through yet, but that seems like a simple solution. I guess I'm going to have to break out a wiring diagram and figure out which one feeds the puddle lights. My favorite thing..... LOL

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is actually very smart. I'm going to have to try it.
Has anyone figured out how to make the lights on the front of the side mirror caps act as blinkers?

Sponsored

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How easy is it to remove?
Super easy. It's designed for temporary protection on track days, but is sticky enough that it stays on as long as you like. I've never had it leave any residue.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super easy. It's designed for temporary protection on track days, but is sticky enough that it stays on as long as you like. I've never had it leave any residue.
So heat, 120-130 F isn't a problem?

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Currently in love/hate relationship with this item I added a few weeks ago. I love the way it looks and I love the added visibility, but so far other drivers seem to hate it, especially at night I have been told it is blinding. I am debating if the added visibility is worth being absconded in the parking lot. Time will tell but I am leaning toward keeping it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0BZRQ8DYX
Sponsored