Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It has been amazing to watch the number of people new to the forum who are attracted to the Bronco and are coming from all sorts of different cars and trucks, from sports cars to family SUVs. Great job to Ford for finding a way to win new market share and grow their customer base. Nevertheless, I predict this is what we will see in future forum posts.

Dateline: Fall 2021

My old car, a...
Mazda​
Porsche​
BMW​
Mercedes​
Escape​
Focus​
SUV​
CUV​
Truck​
Land Rover​

Could do {fill in blank} so much better, I don't understand why Ford had to make the Bronco a competitor to the Wrangler, I need it to do {fill in blank}. My Bronco is now for sale and we will be buying a {fill in blank}.
Not sure your point. Could be said about any new model. :unsure:

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Storage and the way I use my current/previous vehicles. I just decided having a truck bed will be better for me. I have no need for a full size truck but a fun off roader that I can pop the top on and throw all my dirty shit in the bed would work well for my needs.
As a current truck guy (2019 Raptor), my biggest concern for owning the Bronco is missing the ability to just throw stuff in the back and especially the size of the truck bed vs the size of the cargo area in the Bronco. Even with a washout interior, throwing muddy/dirty items in the truck bed seems like a much easier proposition.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually hope the used market doesn't! One of the best things about owning a Jeep is resale value. I have bought 2 new Jeeps, and averaged about $1k-$2k in depreciation per year of ownership due to resale values. If you worry more about depreciation than purchase price, I suspect a Jeep Wrangler is the cheapest vehicle to own available.
Yeah, lets not f-up the Jeep resale market until I sell mine. With the way the used car market is right now, I fully expect to sell my 13 JKU for a couple of grand more than what I paid for it 5-6 years ago.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In fairness it’s not often that you buy a car sight unseen. That is bound to lead to regret and frustration. I drove two hours to a dealer event to make sure it’s what I wanted as I’m sure many on this forum have. However, I only knew about the dealer event because of this forum, imagine all the people who have ordered going into this blind. Used market will likely be pretty good in a few years.
Premature infatuation...Id say.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like many people are expecting it to ride like a Lincoln Aviator, tow like an F150, be silent inside, and have room for 7 adults.
Many will be disappointed with the reality of owning a rugged off road vehicle on mud tires.
you forgot the fuel economy of a prius, the reliability of a land cruiser, the pickup of a mustang,

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For people truly unsure, they should go test drive a Jeep and know Ford has improved most things and it is slightly bigger. But very similar with noise and ride (especially on smooth roads).

@North7: I saw this same regret on the Jeep forums with a wave a new people bought the JL redesign in 2018. You prediction will play out the same here.

As a current 2Dr JL Rubicon owner, I am going to predict that the Jeep soft top is quieter and tighter at high speeds from what I am seeing on the Bronco 4DRs. Jeep made a big improvement in the soft top with the JL version compared to earlier versions. I am going to bet that it will take Ford awhile to dial that in.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a current truck guy (2019 Raptor), my biggest concern for owning the Bronco is missing the ability to just throw stuff in the back and especially the size of the truck bed vs the size of the cargo area in the Bronco. Even with a washout interior, throwing muddy/dirty items in the truck bed seems like a much easier proposition.
And that is always why I will have a truck.

I was toying with the idea of getting a Jeep or something like that a few years ago, as I was stuffing a big wad of barbed wire in the back of my F-150 it hit me "it would be freaking stupid to get an SUV when I need to do stuff like this"

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You'd think I'd be concerned, but not really. Of the 16 or so cars I've owned/leased, all but two of them have been German (Volvo and Mazda were the others). I am not in the least bit worried that I'll have regrets.

I want something different, none of the other cars, crossovers or trucks on the market are calling out to me. They are either getting too luxurious or a Hyundai/Kia ( :p Those are just fine and the newer models look amazing, I'm just poking some fun.)

In the Bronco, I'm not getting the fanciest, most luxurious, fastest or probably even most reliable car out there. I want something with some character, something bonkers (at least for me) that I can have fun with.

Only time will tell if I made the right choice, but I'm willing to stand by it.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have a weathertech cargo liner and have never given a second thought to throwing anything in the back of the SUV. In fact it's nice bc you can just pull out the liner and hose it off. Granted you can hose out a truck bed, I'm just pointing out there are solutions out there for enclosed SUVs.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You do realize there is another mid size SUV off-roader that can take the top off on right? So by even buying a bronco over a jeep you are admitting it's ok for folks to want changes and improvements that best fit their needs over what's currently available?

Yet, you think it's ridiculous when people come to the conclusion that it doesn't fit their needs quite right?

You also have to remember many are buying sight unseen (most negative comments are once folks see them). Plus the last iteration of the bronco that many have in their mind is a vastly different vehicle in size and in some ways performance (cargo room, towing). You really think it's odd that many may have expected/hoped for something similar to the last bronco ever built?

If anything, I'm more impressed by how many folks are still buying it, knowing it isn't quite perfect for them, but is still a hell of a vehicle.
Way back on B6G there were the Full Size FSB camp and the Early Bronco EB camp...I was and still am team EB/BII so I think I'll be happy.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My expectations for cargo/passenger space, on-road comfort, road noise, and fuel economy are pretty minimal. I know what I'm getting into.

My expectations for fun, off-road ability, top-down fresh air/sunshine, and owning something with personality are high.

I know it won't be as comfortable at 80mph while getting almost 40mpg like my Mazda 6. And won't be as spacious as my 7-passenger Pathfinder. I'm OK with all of that.
Sponsored