Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, with all this waiting, constraints, hard top issues, and other things we haven't heard of yet. I'm a July 15th res, but still have no build date.

I've been doing a lot of research on the new F150 that was released this year. A fully decked out XLT is the same cost as my Bronco, and I get X Plan Pricing so comes out cheaper. Honestly, I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the F150 instead of the Bronco.

Love to hear peoples thoughts on the 2021 F150 if anyone has purchased it or am I better off waiting with my res date? I really needed a new car by end of this year....I even changed to a soft top praying I get a build date in the next month or so.
Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren't even comparable, kind of a weird 2nd choice in my opinion.

My dad bought a '21 F150 Lariat. Its really nice, super comfy and plush but I hate it. You get zero feedback driving that thing, but for being a utility vehicle/daily I understand thats what people generally look for just not me.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They aren't even comparable, kind of a weird 2nd choice in my opinion.

My dad bought a '21 F150 Lariat. Its really nice, super comfy and plush but I hate it. You get zero feedback driving that thing, but for being a utility vehicle/daily I understand thats what people generally look for just not me.
I really wanted to like a Wrangler again as my second option. But I’m a previous owner of one and honestly I was not impressed. 4Runner out of the question too bc it’s too long to get a vehicle in stock. Down here there is a ton of 2021 F150 available.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted to like a Wrangler again as my second option. But I’m a previous owner of one and honestly I was not impressed. 4Runner out of the question too bc it’s too long to get a vehicle in stock. Down here there is a ton of 2021 F150 available.
Totally valid opinions, personally I think the 4Runner is boring/in need of a refresh. My take on the F150 is genuinely my own, but I will not deny it is a super nice truck for the money. The tech is outrageous, the power is great, its got tremendous capability, I just hate the feeling or lack thereof when I drive it.

If it gives you any assurance: 7/14 am res date, switched to softtop on 8/12 got scheduled 8/19. My BL has sasquatch, tow, 2.7, high pkg, plenty of constraints. If you're willing to do the softtop for now you might get lucky before the MICs start getting scheduled again in a few weeks or so.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you need a vehicle then the F 150 works. I own a 2011 F 150 crew 4x4 Lariat with the 5.0 . That truck is fantastic. From the sound system down to the transfer case, it is a fantastic truck. It rides great on the 20” tires, but I bet the ride would be even more spectacular on 18”. We use the truck for all of our long range trips because it is so comfortable of a ride. It pulls 18 mpg during everyday use, and nips at 20 on long range highway trips. Eventually, Ford will actually build Broncos at an expected rate. If you still want one when that happens, then trade in the truck and buy the Bronco. BTW, I am not a rock crawler. My Bronco, ( that doesn’t even sound right ) will be required to do things my F 150 can do. I just can’t take the roof off my truck.

CoolerThanCool

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2wd 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, with all this waiting, constraints, hard top issues, and other things we haven't heard of yet. I'm a July 15th res, but still have no build date.

I've been doing a lot of research on the new F150 that was released this year. A fully decked out XLT is the same cost as my Bronco, and I get X Plan Pricing so comes out cheaper. Honestly, I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the F150 instead of the Bronco.

Love to hear peoples thoughts on the 2021 F150 if anyone has purchased it or am I better off waiting with my res date? I really needed a new car by end of this year....I even changed to a soft top praying I get a build date in the next month or so.
I love my 2021 f150. Got the 302a Sport package. I'm planning on giving my bronco to the fiancé when her lease is up.

But really can't go wrong with the f150

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love my 2021 f150. Got the 302a Sport package. I'm planning on giving my bronco to the fiancé when her lease is up.

But really can't go wrong with the f150
Bought the wife a brand new 2020 STX F-150 in April.

We got exactly what she wanted with the STX package.

STX package includes the center console instead of a front bench, which is how you get rear A/C vents. Otherwise you just get the little underseat vents like in the Bronco. Also has a rear locker, but I don't know if that is standard or part of the STX package.

Saved a couple thousand over an XLT, and the XLT doesn't even have rear air unless you add the Sport or FX4 package.

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In sept last year I got my 2020 xlt 5.7bed 4x4 2.7 with the rear locker..

I absolutely love it!! But after seeing the bronco and driving one I didn’t need two full-size vehicles (I have a sports mobile 4x4 pop top 7.3 diesel van..)

I decided to order a bronco in august..but now it may be a year before I see it. Squatch badlands 2.7 high in velocity blue to match my current truck and van..

but if it doesn’t get delivered.. I’m still in a nice truck!

Sponsored

CoolerThanCool

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2wd 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought the wife a brand new 2020 STX F-150 in April.

We got exactly what she wanted with the STX package.

STX package includes the center console instead of a front bench, which is how you get rear A/C vents. Otherwise you just get the little underseat vents like in the Bronco. Also has a rear locker, but I don't know if that is standard or part of the STX package.

Saved a couple thousand over an XLT, and the XLT doesn't even have rear air unless you add the Sport or FX4 package.
Nope as long as you get the center console which most XLTs have you get rear air. Plus the 302a comes with led headlights and the big 12 inch screen.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope as long as you get the center console which most XLTs have you get rear air. Plus the 302a comes with led headlights and the big 12 inch screen.
We looked at dozens and dozens of XLTs, none had the console. A lot of Lariats had them, but those also have leather, and I have hated leather in every car I ever had it in.

All the XLTs had bench front and no rear air. It's 120 degrees here, we need the damn rear vents.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You cant go wrong with an F150. It will be much quieter than the Bronco, probably get better mileage, and have more power, plus you get a truck bed to haul stuff. I actually started looking at trucks again since this is taking so long. I needed my car/truck/whatever by winter and I'm not even sure I'll get it by next winter.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You cant go wrong with an F150. It will be much quieter than the Bronco, probably get better mileage, and have more power, plus you get a truck bed to haul stuff. I actually started looking at trucks again since this is taking so long. I needed my car/truck/whatever by winter and I'm not even sure I'll get it by next winter.
Honestly the only thing thats drawing me to the F150 is the Comfort and potential to be able to tow a Boat. The Bronco tow capability only being 3500 pounds was plenty for what I need for right now anyways. The problem is the wait....I would get the F150 lighting, but my trust for Ford to be able to launch a vehicle on time went down the drain.

It makes me wonder also with the new news from Ford that its no longer accepting reservations if they can even get everyone that currently has one by end of 2022.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an F150 and will consider trading it when I can pick a Bronco off the lot. May be a few years, but I am totally happy with the F150 for now.
For the fellow that said it has no feedback, try sport mode out.
Sponsored