Sponsored

Decision/ultimatum Bronco later, or F150 now?

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
My daily driver went down, and I've recently sold my classic. I am now borrowing a vehicle that will not be suitable for the upcoming winter months where I live. My wife has an old Wrangler that I can use in a pinch if there's snow, but I can't rely on it for daily transportation.

I ordered a my Bronco on Jan 3rd of 22. There's no way to tell if its 3 months away, or 3 years away.

There's a nice 2021 F150 XLT 4x4 with 40,000 miles on it for sale near me, for less than my imaginary Bronco's price has been increased to.

I'm starting to think giving up on the Bronco might be what to do... guys if it was really worth the wait, either motivate me to wait, or tell me what you'd do.
Sponsored

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a new Ranger in 2019 and ordered a Bronco 3/19/21. Still no sign of the Bronco so I am so thankful I have a nice Ranger. The lack of communication and the steady stream of bravo Sierra from Ford is very very discouraging. Buy the 150…

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you need a vehicle now, I’d say buy the F150 and keep the Bronco on order, then you can decide later if you want to keep the F150 or trade it in

I was driving a ‘97 Tracker before my Bronco arrived. It was definitely worth the wait, but my circumstances were different than yours

OP
OP
Samsquantch

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you need a vehicle now, I’d say buy the F150 and keep the Bronco on order, then you can decide later if you want to keep the F150 or trade it in

I was driving a ‘97 Tracker before my Bronco arrived. It was definitely worth the wait, but my circumstances were different than yours
I was thinking about trying to do it this way. But then I may not be able to afford the Bronco when it comes... market seems to be tanking on used cars/trucks now. The "bubble" is popping. I'm concerned that with California tax/license fees, even if I put good money down on the F150 that it might now be worth what I'd need to trade in for the Bronco when it arrives... it's a lot to think about... but worse case scenario, I end up driving a pretty decent truck still.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking about trying to do it this way. But then I may not be able to afford the Bronco when it comes... market seems to be tanking on used cars/trucks now. The "bubble" is popping. I'm concerned that with California tax/license fees, even if I put good money down on the F150 that it might now be worth what I'd need to trade in for the Bronco when it arrives... it's a lot to think about... but worse case scenario, I end up driving a pretty decent truck still.
The market is definitely in the process of slipping - sorry you’re having to go through this struggle.

If your order is light on options and is more of a base model, I think it might still be worth it to get the F150 and wait it out.

Perhaps the bright side is that trucks seem to hold value slightly better than the rest of the used vehicle market, so maybe the dip won’t be THAT bad?

Depending on what you use it for, the F150 will be way more versatile, just not as “fun” in some respects

EDIT: seeing you ordered a BaseSquatch. I’m not sure if Sasquatch is still constrained, but I feel like that could get built sooner rather than later

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Worth it just to see the looks on kids faces driving around. I had kids selling shaved ice on the side of the road offer me a free one if I just pulled over so they can look at it.

Ford Bronco Decision/ultimatum Bronco later, or F150 now? PXL_20220408_214420154_2

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need more info, define “went down”