First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 / 1970 Bronco (in process)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We also had a 4-Runner with the Dana industries frame issue. Spent $$$ trying to keep the frame from decaying but lost the battle. Toyota wouldn't back it and had to sell it for parts.
Ford has been good to us with owning a several and Ford always backing up any issues.

I just booked the NH Roadeo in June, Any thoughts on how it was managed and what you gained from it?
So the NH rodeo was a blast. It was all rock crawling with some mud. So not high speed stuff like Las Vegas and Texas. The guides put a nice tour on and they did an excellent job with the food spread.
To be honest I felt like that it was the only place where the trucks were really pushed to the factory designed limits. Ford did a nice job putting it on.
It was a long day and the size of the group made it a little slow but I felt like it was worth the trip. My back and forth started on that weekend on to trade the taco in for the bronco then (so it’s been since last September haha)
Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the NH rodeo was a blast. It was all rock crawling with some mud. So not high speed stuff like Las Vegas and Texas. The guides put a nice tour on and they did an excellent job with the food spread.
To be honest I felt like that it was the only place where the trucks were really pushed to the factory designed limits. Ford did a nice job putting it on.
It was a long day and the size of the group made it a little slow but I felt like it was worth the trip. My back and forth started on that weekend on to trade the taco in for the bronco then (so it’s been since last September haha)
Thank you for you feedback and input! Very much appreciated!!
I have been waiting for the past two years and finally placed my order for my Bronco on March 2022, for a WT, 2.7. HOSS 3.0, MIC, LUX, TOW. I am aware that the front end steering was an Achilles heel for the Bronco, along with a few other bugs. Pulled the trigger when Ford announced the Hoss 3.0 option, which should help with the front end issues. From what I have read, it will most likely be 12-18 months before I see her, hopefully give Ford more time to work through some of the Bronco bugs. Will plan to get an extended warranty as there is just too much technology and something will surely fail. As far as Ford vs. Toyota, we (family) have had four Fords and two Toyota's: while Toyota has a reputation for building reliable vehicles, Ford has backed every issue, even when past warranty. Toyota on the other hand let me down big time with the frame rotting issue on our 4-Runner. Have lost faith with their brand. My wife would love for me to replace the 4-Runner with another, and if not for my positive experience with Ford, I would be have the same dilemma that you currently have. Good luck with your decision. Suggest selling your Bronco and waiting another year with Ford, allowing them to work out some of their Bronco bugs.

The sasquatch

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2020 fully optioned TRD OF and a 2022 Bronco wildtrak Lux MIC 2.7L. I haven’t loved the taco at any point. The bronco is very awesome right from the start. Tons of power and way better to drive. Unlike the automatic transmission in the Tacoma, the bronco can find a happy gear at all speeds. Bronco gets better mileage thus far too.

2037EB92-0865-4CDF-95F4-7DCE40ACAB56.jpeg

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the Tacoma to Bronco switch. I only have 2 complaints. The windshield height is short to me and it's not a truck. I used my truck to haul so the lack of a bed sucks and no I wouldn't want a Bronco truck. Other than that, everything is better. More power and better mileage too.

Now my ideal vehicle would be a Ranger with the 7 speed and Badlands goodies, but that doesn't exist.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own both currently. The Taco is a great truck, so is the Bronco. If I had to own one the Tacoma makes more sense than my 2 door, where I live we haul our own trash so a pickup is better. The Bronco is a bit shy on elbow room for me, but it’s more spacious in all other places and the seat is more comfortable.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2012 TRD OR and built it into a very formidable machine. Fully armored, high clearance bumpers, mid travel, deaver stage 3 leafs, 35’s, Dual battery, fridge, GFC, etc. It was a beast.

Long story short I sold it prematurely expecting my 2D Badsquatch to be ready last spring. The Tacoma was a Eff’n warrior, sure it had an occasional issue and towards the end was always hungry for parts, but to be fair I pushed it slightly past it’s modification sweet spot IMPO. It was a great truck, far superior to the 3rd Gen in many ways.

Do I regret selling my Taco? Hell yes. Was it time to sell it? Yes. Our 2 kids are teenagers now and the dog is getting on in years so we really didn’t fit in the Taco anymore. Most of my buddies have “aged” up to full size vehicles as their families grew, I’m taking a different approach and plan to roll two 2door vehicles instead of one larger truck. This way I can teach my girls to wheel and return to my 2door Bronco roots.
Will my Badsquatch live up to the hype and prove to be as capable as my Tacoma was? Maybe not, but I’m willing to give it a try and over time I’m likely to build it out a bit. Hopefully I’ll see a VIN in June…..maybe.

Thanks for everyone’s comments contrasting the Tacoma vs Bronco. I’ll always be a Tacoma guy but my original love was an 85 Bronco.

cheers.

Last edited:

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a taco and cannot wait to dump it for my 2-door that’s ordered. The taco gas mileage is worse, and it’s far less capable in stock form. Also, my 21 TRD OR has a payload equal to the 2-door bronco so I can’t really add much to it to increase its capabilities…legally anyway. If the bronco doesn’t work out for some reason then I’ll pick up a ranger.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll keep my Tacoma until the frame rusts in two. Hopefully 10 more years. It does stuff the Bronco doesn't do and the Bronco does stuff the Tacoma doesn't do. Why get rid of it?

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero regrets. Bronco better in every way except the cabin noise:p

But I still do have the Tacoma as a mega beater work truck. It’s basically a lifted car with an open bed

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro for 2 years before selling it for the Bronco. I miss having a truck bed sometimes when I'm camping, but the Bronco is way more capable off road.

Bronco with sas gets slightly better gas mileage than my modified Taco did (Icon 3" lift, 33s)

Bronco is still hands down the better vehicle.

OP
OP

JZBronco70

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 / 1970 Bronco (in process)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro for 2 years before selling it for the Bronco. I miss having a truck bed sometimes when I'm camping, but the Bronco is way more capable off road.

Bronco with sas gets slightly better gas mileage than my modified Taco did (Icon 3" lift, 33s)

Bronco is still hands down the better vehicle.
yeah for me right now it’s gonna come down to if the dealer honors the price protection and also doesn’t go markup crazy, so see what the payments are gonna fall when I get there

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea I regret buying another Tacoma and putting $8,000 of aftermarket parts on it. My 22 TRD OF LB is currently for sale since I picked up my 2 door base.
Sponsored