BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of people told you that, and it’s a big list. You just don’t want to listen. Are you getting a Taco and are just here for someone to validate your decision? If so, then congrats! It’s a good looking truck. As long as you want a pick up, then why seek validation? If you’re here to hear how the Taco is as capable off road and totally awesome, then you may be in the wrong spot. It’s not.
THIS
Sponsored

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part of the reason I have a late reservation is cause I love my 4Runner so much

but once I sat down and really looked at the bronco it became obvious it’s so much more than the even the TRDPRO

it starts with 40 more hp, gobs more torque, 5 more forward gears, turbo power (I live in the mountains, the naturally aspirated 4Runner is anemic at altitude, on or off road)

move on to the front locker, disconnecting sway bar, approach, break over, departure angles

finally arrive at bells and whistles: turn trail assist, trail 1 pedal drive (Toyota crawl control is a joke), trail camera, and over all an electronics package that doesn’t scream 1995

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So why did the 1997 land cruiser have rear disc brakes? Why did the fj cruiser have rear disc brakes? Btw .. I owned both of these. I also owned a taco and tundra but I will never buy another Toyota product.

And The taco is the only mid size truck to have drum brakes.

We will see what Toyota will do soon when they update the taco.

Not spinning, cost was one of the reasons I mentioned. Front brakes do 70% of the braking anyways and I've literally never had an issue with the rear drums on my 09 Tacoma. It brakes as good as any other car - so how do you justify the increased cost and complexity if it's not needed or that much better?

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that answers your question right there, if that utility and towing ability is important to you, I think that makes your decision for you. I’ve owned a truck for the last 5 years thinking I would use the towing ability way more than I have. The bed is nice to have, but I’ve realized I can get by with the 4 door bronco capacity with the seats down, and if I need a truck for projects, I can always rent one from Home Depot or something. And towing in the future will probably be nothing more than 3500 lbs for me. That’s just my personal use case though, it looks like the taco might be better for you.

You may want to look at the ZR2s as well, those are a bit of a middle ground between the Taco and the bronco. No removable doors or roof, but a truck bed, 5000lb towing capacity, a more lively V6 and a diesel option, factory front and rear lockers, great reviews on their magnetic shocks capabilities, and BDS makes 4 inch lift options.

Or, if you really want to get crazy and spend some money and sacrifice drivability and reliability in order to both have tow capacityand a removable roof, you can always go for a Gladiator.
Tacoma tows more abs my friend with a 70k mile Colorado that’s already having tranny problems.

just one case I know of, but still...

and let’s not forget the Tacoma already killed the Colorado, Dakota and Ranger.

chevy completely went back to the drawing board and came back to challenge the Taco while Ford continued to sell the Ranger overseas, neglecting mid size potential buyers in the states, and brought back the “new” but really circa 2011 Ranger... at a higher msrp than the taco was already selling for.

bamboozled by Ford.

the throne is a lonely place and people nit Picking the Taco is just jealousy.

But the bronco and taco aren’t competitors.

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go ahead and point out where I didn't listen. I'll wait.

Outside of one person who has a rear disc brake hard on I asked questions and took in information.

Yes, I know there's a huge difference between a truck and a Bronco.

I'm not talking myself into a Taco, Ford is talking me out of a Bronco.

Sponsored

bajadrifter

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've built two access cab Tacomas and they performed well offroad. Their biggest drawback (for offroad in Baja) was their long wheelbase. Additionally, you have to do some ugly body chopping to get 34+" tires on them. I switched to two-door Wranglers and they are far superior. I will be getting a two-door Badlands Sas when they are available.

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tacoma tows more abs my friend with a 70k mile Colorado that’s already having tranny problems.

just one case I know of, but still...

and let’s not forget the Tacoma already killed the Colorado, Dakota and Ranger.

chevy completely went back to the drawing board and came back to challenge the Taco while Ford continued to sell the Ranger overseas, neglecting mid size potential buyers in the states, and brought back the “new” but really circa 2011 Ranger... at a higher msrp than the taco was already selling for.

bamboozled by Ford.

the throne is a lonely place and people nit Picking the Taco is just jealousy.

But the bronco and taco aren’t competitors.
They may not be competitors however, they do share a common use - off roading - and that's all I'm trying to figure out.

I've known two people with the new Colorados and they hate them. It's not been on my list of choices at all honestly.

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've built two access cab Tacomas and they performed well offroad. Their biggest drawback (for offroad in Baja) was their long wheelbase. Additionally, you have to do some ugly body chopping to get 34+" tires on them. I switched to two-door Wranglers and they are far superior. I will be getting a two-door Badlands Sas when they are available.
Stock tire size on a TRD Off Road/TRD Pro is 31" or 32". As a newbie off roader, what do I gain from 3" larger tires? I'm assuming better angles, more traction?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone has already hit the main points....Everyone that has ever test driven one says the power just sucks. My brother ended up buying the 4 runner just to get the 4 liter and he really wanted a tacoma. The 2.7 is going to be a monster in this thing. My base came out to under 37k at Granger with SAS, auto, advanced 4x4, aux switches.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They may not be competitors however, they do share a common use - off roading - and that's all I'm trying to figure out.

I've known two people with the new Colorados and they hate them. It's not been on my list of choices at all honestly.
I don’t know anything about off roading, but the sheer overhang of the bed on the taco vs a bronco would make me take the bronco.

plus I put a ton of stock into being able to take the top and doors off.

forget the taco, and the bronco, and buy a Gladiator. It’s like the two had a baby.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stock tire size on a TRD Off Road/TRD Pro is 31" or 32". As a newbie off roader, what do I gain from 3" larger tires? I'm assuming better angles, more traction?
Its not just the height...It is the width as well on the tires. You will be able to go over things that the tacoma wouldnt be able to do. Putting a lift and 33s on a taco is complicated and expensive and it really really kills the power even further. The front locker will help if you ever get stuck and need the extra traction.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go ahead and point out where I didn't listen. I'll wait.

Outside of one person who has a rear disc brake hard on I asked questions and took in information.

Yes, I know there's a huge difference between a truck and a Bronco.

I'm not talking myself into a Taco, Ford is talking me out of a Bronco.
Dude it’s fine whatever you decide. Sounds like you’re taking it personal. I don’t think anybody really cares one way or another which you buy. All the information you could possibly need is in this thread or on these or the Taco forums. Enjoy!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s very easy to figure out. People have spelled it out on this thread. Listen. Learn.

Google it. You seem to have an answer for everything, so figure it out.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own a 2009 Tacoma. There's a massive difference between it and a 2020 that I just test drove.
I think you’ve made up your mind to go Tacoma. Your not the only one that’s pissed off at Ford. BUT ....there really is no comparison between the Bronco and the Tacoma. I know this because I feel the same way and I’ve done the same thing I am so pissed off at Ford . But I’m still Bronco 😊

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, coming from a 3rd Gen Tacoma TRD OR owner...Bronco vs Taco
great 10spd trans vs a shit tranny that can't figure out what gear it wants to be in
330HP vs a debatable 285
Lockers vs 1 locker only usable in 4Low,
A fuckload more head room vs a cab bullt for average height people
Better off road angles...
Better Gearing
Better suspension
anything should be better than the sub par interior materials in a Tacoma
I can't wait to trade my taco in

btw- I loved my Gen 2...Gen 3 are a huge disappointment
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.