Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Corvette vs Audi all road, what am I missing?

what are we talking about?

if you don’t want a full size truck, and want it to last a lifetime, buy a taco.

the hate over Toyota being outdated... I see no difference between my wife’s 2021 SR5 interior and the bronco, in fact I find them very similar.

that being said... the only bronco comp is the wrangler... for now. Hopefully that changes.

but other wise threads like this will just reflect everyone’s personal bias and no one will be convinced otherwise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is cheap man. You can spin it all you want. Toyota is cheap and they do not innovate.

BMW has already announced the z4 will cease in 2025. Do you know what this means? It means the Supra will go bye bye … again
Not spinning, cost was one of the reasons I mentioned. Front brakes do 70% of the braking anyways and I've literally never had an issue with the rear drums on my 09 Tacoma. It brakes as good as any other car - so how do you justify the increased cost and complexity if it's not needed or that much better?

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corvette vs Audi all road, what am I missing?

what are we talking about?

if you don’t want a full size truck, and want it to last a lifetime, buy a taco.

the hate over Toyota being outdated... I see no difference between my wife’s 2021 SR5 interior and the bronco, in fact I find them very similar.

that being said... the only bronco comp is the wrangler... for now. Hopefully that changes.

but other wise threads like this will just reflect everyone’s personal bias and no one will be convinced otherwise.
I guess I'm an idiot for hoping most people could keep it factual and compare the off road capabilities of the two and tell me what I'd be missing.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh man, if I fit in a Tacoma I would probably get one just because of the reliability and the way they hold their value. But I do think the Bronco is going to be way better for the following reasons: Factory wheel/lift sizes, power, technology, comfort. I'm surprised you're not comparing apples to apples with a 4runner vs Bronco. I know most people wouldn't cross shop the two because you have such small cabin space with a mid size pickup than these SUVs.
If you don’t fit in a Taco, you won’t fit in a Bronco.

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just took out the sway bar on my taco. had no issues on road as most that go up and off road don’t drive like speed demons anyway.

that said. A front lockers is huge and even if you mentioned the roof and doors, those are big considerations.
Front locker is huge - but when? On any off road trail or just when rock crawling and the like?

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is cheap man. You can spin it all you want. Toyota is cheap and they do not innovate.

BMW has already announced the z4 will cease in 2025. Do you know what this means? It means the Supra will go bye bye … again
Yeah the f150 is the pinnacle of innovation, what with their failing window motors and passenger doors that don’t stay shut.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was always sacrificing a pickup bed, which I use quite often. But a trailer could suffice. No kids, no need for a backseat but Ford not making the back seat area completely flat on the Bronco kinda hurt the appeal of going with the 2 door. I was always going to pull the back seat on day one.

And, being honest, I doubt I'll ever do serious off-roading or rock crawling or wheeling. Sure, there may be some trails I can't do due to size or breakover angles but, in the end, 95% of my cars life will be on the street and I'll get way more utility out of a truck bed and something that can tow more than 3000#.
I think that answers your question right there, if that utility and towing ability is important to you, I think that makes your decision for you. I’ve owned a truck for the last 5 years thinking I would use the towing ability way more than I have. The bed is nice to have, but I’ve realized I can get by with the 4 door bronco capacity with the seats down, and if I need a truck for projects, I can always rent one from Home Depot or something. And towing in the future will probably be nothing more than 3500 lbs for me. That’s just my personal use case though, it looks like the taco might be better for you.

You may want to look at the ZR2s as well, those are a bit of a middle ground between the Taco and the bronco. No removable doors or roof, but a truck bed, 5000lb towing capacity, a more lively V6 and a diesel option, factory front and rear lockers, great reviews on their magnetic shocks capabilities, and BDS makes 4 inch lift options.

Or, if you really want to get crazy and spend some money and sacrifice drivability and reliability in order to both have tow capacityand a removable roof, you can always go for a Gladiator.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm an idiot for hoping most people could keep it factual and compare the off road capabilities of the two and tell me what I'd be missing.
I think a lot of people told you that, and it’s a big list. You just don’t want to listen. Are you getting a Taco and are just here for someone to validate your decision? If so, then congrats! It’s a good looking truck. As long as you want a pick up, then why seek validation? If you’re here to hear how the Taco is as capable off road and totally awesome, then you may be in the wrong spot. It’s not.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You want an open bed.

It's Cheaper (although not apples to apples)

You like drum brakes (Whaaa???)

You don't like the non-flat fold rear seat

Engine/trans performance (not to mention 1.9:1 low range_) are not an issue for you

You won't off road much

Why is this even an issue...Taco...definitely Taco

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thought wouldn’t really cross my mind to compare the two. Tacoma and Ranger yes. Wrangler and Bronco yes. Heck even 4 Runner and Bronco yes. But Tacoma and Bronco? Two completely different types of vehicles for different purposes.

So to understand what’s the better buy for you you need to figure out what you actually want other than a cool looking ride.

also don’t don’t how you got your 2 door optioned up that high unless you’re talking CAD or something. My loaded BL 4 door with Mod top is not even that high. Take it easy on the DIO lol

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of people told you that, and it’s a big list. You just don’t want to listen. Are you getting a Taco and are just here for someone to validate your decision? If so, then congrats! It’s a good looking truck. As long as you want a pick up, then why seek validation? If you’re here to hear how the Taco is as capable off road and totally awesome, then you may be in the wrong spot. It’s not.
Since reading and/or comprehension seem to be lacking here - I've literally just come back to looking at a truck in the last day since being completely underwhelmed by sitting in a Bronco and getting to mess around with it. I have 2 Bronco reservations including a day 1 spot.

But yeah, I'm just a Taco owning troll.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TRD Pro is a competitor to the Ranger Tremor, but neither will hold a candle to a Bronco on 35s with front/back lockers. The crawl control is nice, but isn’t on the level of an actual locker for the harder stuff. The sway bar disconnect is just the icing on the cake, as it were.

Your biggest difference is going to be ride comfort, ground clearance and clearance angles. All are better in the Bronco. This helps for sand/snow/mud more than anything, which is very important for dispersed camping.

Sure, the Taco will get ya to most of the same spots, but the Bronco will do it quicker, smoother and with a whole lot more creature comforts when you get there.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The $45k to $55k Tacomas you are referencing are more comparable to the lower trim Broncos in terms of off-road features. And they are only in the $30k to $39k price range.

If you are new to off-roading, you don't need a $50k to $60k Bronco. Base, Big Bend, and Black Diamond are plenty.

If you are looking for a posh daily driver and aren't really going to drive off road much, then a Bronco probably isn't the best option.

I've seriously looked at Tacomas, and off-road features of my Black Diamond are superior to a TRD Pro that cost $10k to $20k more.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want an open bed.

It's Cheaper (although not apples to apples)

You like drum brakes (Whaaa???)

You don't like the non-flat fold rear seat

Engine/trans performance (not to mention 1.9:1 low range_) are not an issue for you

You won't off road much

Why is this even an issue...Taco...definitely Taco
Exactly. Sounds like he just wants reasons to talk himself into the Taco. Just go freakin buy one and be happy. You can get it TODAY lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.