First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use Gaia all the time on my ultrarunning and ultracycling races. It’s a great tool. I always just use it on my iPhone- haven’t thought about it for using it on my bronco..
Here is a decent tutorial if you are new to Gaia
There are free and paid subscriptions..

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I want the connected built-in nav, so I can build routes and overland trips on my home computer with the huge screen, then upload them to the Bronco...Awesome!!

Last edited:

Papow

Base
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is why I want the connected built-in nav, so I can build routs and overland trips on my home computer with the huge screen, then upload them to the Bronco...Awesome!!
I use Gaia to set up routes for trail running and as a back up to my watch when doing the routes. In Gaia you can set up routes on a computer and then have them appear on your phone in your routes tab. You do need to make sure to download maps for the areas you will be in. Also download the maps with the datasets you want. Like which topo map etc. Then the maps will be available offline when out of cell service on your phone and via carplay.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been using Gaia for years and have no complaints. I run it on a standalone Samsung tablet as my Rover is not digital in any way. In my research I found that both Apple and Android put restrictions on 3rd party GPS and navigation aps for the CarPlay connection. They want home court advantage I suppose. If we can upload the maps to the Bronco built in Nav that would be half the battle. I am still disappointed in Android for blocking access to an app that is superior to their in house products, doesn't competition breed innovation?
Go through all of the tutorials and if you get stuck they have great reps to walk you through a process.

Vince

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM Gran Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

GAIA has a collection of 7 YouTube videos in their playlist. Two of the videos are devoted to android devices. Have you watched those videos?
No, I have not. Thanks for the tip. I will take a look

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use Gaia all the time on my ultrarunning and ultracycling races. It’s a great tool. I always just use it on my iPhone- haven’t thought about it for using it on my bronco..
Here is a decent tutorial if you are new to Gaia
There are free and paid subscriptions..

Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea where to start!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning to learn about GAIA GPS. I will use this product as my primary off-road trip planning software. I am hoping to eventually understand how the Bronco software will function for both navigation and trip logging. I assume we may have access to more than just Apple Car Play. With the Lux package, I will have access to the Bronco Connected Built-In Navigation and do not understand if and how that might work with GAIA GPS.

I started by obtaining an annual premium membership to GAIA GPS, loaded the system onto my PC using Google Play and on my iPhone via the app store. Ordered a copy of “Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails, 4th Edition” by Charles A. Wells. Goal #1 will be to craft adventure travel in Area 1. (Ouray, Silverton, Lake City, Telluride)

Identified the YouTube GAIA GPS Playlist of 7 videos for beginners. Thought this would be a great place to start and will focus on iOS videos in the playlist.

Are any other forum members using or planning to use GAIA GPS? For those with prior knowledge, did you find a preferred YouTube instructional video? Any other comments/ideas or helpful hints?
It’s a great option for having a offline map but if you want to find the trails you should do research. I usually start at the forest service website or stop by a forest office in the area. The rangers should be able to point you in a good direction.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GAIA has a collection of 7 YouTube videos in their playlist. Two of the videos are devoted to android devices. Have you watched those videos?
I agree, I bought GAIA service a couple of years ago for a big trip in Moab and used it exclusively on my Android phone. It should work fine for Android OS.

This is good news that GAIA can be implemented into our Nav system. I let me subscription slide but will renew as soon as I get the vehicle! Hopefully by then they will have a few how tos out on Youtube etc. for the F150s.
Sponsored