First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't think this has been brought up before but I would like a gerry can mount. Since the tailgate is capable of handling a 35 we wont see "swing away spare" carriers that can include a gerry can. So where to mount it and how? throw ideas out here!
Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't think this has been brought up before but I would like a gerry can mount. Since the tailgate is capable of handling a 35 we wont see "swing away spare" carriers that can include a gerry can. So where to mount it and how? throw ideas out here!
Well not quite a jerry can but I'm pretty sure I saw rotopax in the list of factory options on the new Bronco.

I'm still debating whether to go jerry can or the modern rotopax on my EB.

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im figuring a craddle mount right of the tire closest to the hinge on the swing gate for my gas cans. (Hoping i can fit two). Eye balling it, i think its possible.

Im more concerned about my skyjack and gun vault. I figure the jack needs to go left of the tire so as not to impede the window operations and clear the opening. The vault will be mounted on the inside of the tailgate

I worry that the total weight of all that could stress the hinges big time.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you may be surprised to find out how just how many after market parts will be available. I have already heard back from RockSlide Engineering that they will be designing their step/slides for the Bronco, I am sure that after-market companies won’t miss out on this opportunity

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tough without dimensions but I dont see much fitting on the tail gate, especially running 35s.

There is always the roof rack option but I would hate storing fuel on top of a vehicle.

If I lived out west, I'd be looking at a removable chase rack to mount inside the cargo area to run without the tailgate (and possible the rear seats), two spares, jack, fuel, tools, air tank.

Sponsored

Barsa1000

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im sure there will be many options out there. Here is one that attaches itself to the tire. Im assuming using the lug nuts. Idk what you would do about the backup cam.

jerry can.png

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im sure there will be many options out there. Here is one that attaches itself to the tire. Im assuming using the lug nuts. Idk what you would do about the backup cam.

jerry can.png
would block the reverse camera if it dosen't protrude out so far that you cant mount it there

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well not quite a jerry can but I'm pretty sure I saw rotopax in the list of factory options on the new Bronco.

I'm still debating whether to go jerry can or the modern rotopax on my EB.
I hope a Rotopax mount will be an option. Otherwise, I will just mount 2 of them to the new trailer.

Sponsored

NotoriousNomad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just pinging this to bring the convo back. I see some strap systems from RockSlide that are solid however the pics from Ajusaf last post would be awesome to see come out.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just pinging this to bring the convo back. I see some strap systems from RockSlide that are solid however the pics from Ajusaf last post would be awesome to see come out.
Several companies have products out that might be what you're looking for. I went with the LOD carrier because it seemed to fit my needs best. I have two cans mounted on either side of the tire, a small rack above the tire, Hi-Lift and some accessories mounted between the carrier and tailgate, as well as an antenna. It retains full functionality of the camera and swings out with the tailgate, no latches necessary (the strut will hold the two in place on mostly level ground). I relocated the license plate to the swingarm and put a small light underneath the jerry can mount for it. The side mounts can be mixed and matched on either side for tools, powertank mounts, rotopax mounts, or just left off entirely.
https://lodoffroad.com/products/bronco-destroyer-rear-bumper-tire-carrier

Ford Bronco Gerry can mount IMG_20221229_132921_HDR

JCR has a double swing out that retains camera function, the right side holds the tire and the left side holds your accessories, up to two jerry cans.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6RV.html

Metaltech also makes a swingout with jerry can mounts:
https://metaltech4x4.com/ford-bronco-metal-tech-4x4-rear-bumper/

There's also the option of strapping rotopax mounts to the spare as-is if you don't want to change your bumper, JCR makes one but they're not the only company making them:
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/UNI-STB.html

There's other options out there too I'm sure.
Sponsored